As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Starcraft 2] Single Player/Custom Map discussions *Use spoiler tags!*

1555657585961»

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PunkBoy wrote: »
    New Folsom spoilers
    Ended up doing Nova's mission after Tosh's frustrated me after a couple tries, and I think it was worth it for the cutscene at the end, and Swann picking on Jim.
    Tosh's mission was like playing single player DoTA. It was actually pretty awesome, and even in normal I had to think on how to get the two side objectives.

Nobody on
  • Options
    KorlashKorlash Québécois TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm in the bronze league with an average APM under 60. I am so hardcore.8-)

Korlash on
    396796-1.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    FUCKING AMAZON

forty on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TurboGuard wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for an RTS that involves more actual strategic, macromanaging gameplay rather than the usual "click-faster-than-the-other-guy micromanagement with rock-paper-scissors" style gameplay.

But hey, that's just me.
    I am enjoying the SC2 campaign mode quite a bit, though.

Might I suggest Supreme Commander 2? The singleplayer campaign isn't worth it, but if you want online multiplayer it might be what you're after.

It focusses a lot more on the larger scale strategy, and winning a 3v3 or 4v4 (personally my preferred game modes) requires a fair amount of teamwork and strategy as to who's doing what (land / sea / air / whatever). Assuming your opponents are half way decent anyway.

I mean as an example, in Starcraft 2 there's a big emphasis on queuing up one unit at a time, then going back and starting the next one as soon as the first one is finished. This is to basically prevent resources being tied up. In SupCom 2 you set the build order for your factory (say, 1 tank, 1 missile launcher), and set it to repeat. That's it, you largely leave it alone after that, apart from maybe changing the rally point, or pausing it to build resources for some other stuff.

There aren't really any activated abilities or spells either (baring one or two things like teching up to teleport on your units), so outside of base building, the strategy mainly comes down to unit composition and teching. If you decided to go with a dedicated land army for example, are you going to be focussing on teching up a powerful conventional army, or will you instead focus on getting experimentals? Stuff like that.

All in all I liked SupCom2's multiplayer quite a bit. It's fairly configurable for new people as well, and they actually did a pretty good job with the AI (cheating or not), so comp stomps are actually entertaining as well.

subedii on
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm continuing my completed campaign
    To do the secret mission, however I am unable to select it. I have unlocked it, but it does not show up in the list and I can't go back to the Hyperion view to see the starmap for missions. I only get access to the mission archives via the continue button from the main SC2 screen.

Do I have to start a new campaign, or load an old save, or what?

I really don't want to have to start over, or play that mission yet again.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You have to start over, unfortunately.

GPIA7R on
This discussion has been closed.