As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MOBA DOBA] League of Legends. use skill close eyes play hard

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i'm getting that veridian skin when i can get on my compy.

<3 kayle!

Feldorn on
  • TangenTangen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I'm also very interested in Akali, but everyone and their mothers play her.

Your probably higher level then me, I'm only 15, but I rarely see anyone play her.

Tangen on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Slicer wrote: »
    SoaL wrote: »
    my undefeated record as poppy in ranked continues!

God damn I love that yordle. I get to start a teamfight by either outright killing or dropping someone to 10% hp without taking any damage. After that I get to hammer every ~3 seconds for like 1/5 of their HP and charge like an idiot over and over until we win

Soal have you seen that you are also eligible for this tournament thing.

(because you own)

how do i see this

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Slicer wrote: »
    my undefeated record as poppy in ranked continues!

God damn I love that yordle. I get to start a teamfight by either outright killing or dropping someone to 10% hp without taking any damage. After that I get to hammer every ~3 seconds for like 1/5 of their HP and charge like an idiot over and over until we win

Soal have you seen that you are also eligible for this tournament thing.

(because you own)

how do i see this

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=193994

List of all the folks qualified.

Considering my luck with my crappy computer and iffy internet connection I probably won't do this but by golly this is a good e-peen booster.

Slicer on
  • TagTag Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bleh when is single player practice coming back?

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Picked up Unmasked Kayle. It's a nice skin, but the preview is kind of misleading; had the impression she had absurdly long hair that tasseled around behind her, which would have been neat. I guess that would require remodeling.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So any advice on piloting Poppy?

Specifically looking for some good item paths.

ObiFett on
    edited August 2010
    ObiFett wrote: »
    So any advice on piloting Poppy?

Specifically looking for some good item paths.

CDR -- her abilities are what make the champion. Some mana regen or perhaps a rod of ages for health, mana and AP. Magic Resistance reduction would make her Q hit even harder, especially against tanks (it is magic damage, right?). If you're absolutely rolling in gold, a Madred's would add to your max-hp-killing power, but probably shouldn't be in your inventory during anything but the longest of games.

You might instead choose to go a more defensive path since her Q doesn't really require a lot of statistical support to do the deed; a Randuin's for some AOE futzery, perhaps even a Quicksilver Sash to give her a better chance of escaping with her internal bits all accounted for, since she's likely to absorb a massive amount of CC before or after her ultimate is up.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    deathfire grasp.

cooldown reduction, mana regen, and an activated ability that is increased by your ult? yes please

ult somebody - deathfire - charge - Q - they are dead sir

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    Picked up Unmasked Kayle. It's a nice skin, but the preview is kind of misleading; had the impression she had absurdly long hair that tasseled around behind her, which would have been neat. I guess that would require remodeling.

Judi is a girl

didja know?

TyrantCow on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    poppy is more fun than sion!

tyrannus on
    edited August 2010
    you are so fucking banned

i cannot even--

jesus

if fact, you're banned twice

AP SION IS AMAZING AND FUCKING FUN, SLAM THIS IN TO A FUCKING WALL

ERRRRRAAAAGGGGGGehIOGEINEIUOSAHgeoiunbgda ipubndpoaiu

TyrantCow on
    edited August 2010
    like.. man poppy is not even the same caliber

nope.avi
    totes
    HEH
    FFFFFFUUUUUU

you are so wrong and bad at this game worst than rak fuck a pineapple gonna play ap sion right now

TyrantCow on
    edited August 2010
    TyrantCow wrote: »

nope.avi
    totes
    HEH
    FFFFFFUUUUUU

you are so wrong and bad at this game worst than rak fuck a pineapple gonna play ap sion right now

man stop stealing my lines

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited August 2010
    that's the sound of my brain breaking from wow dumb

TyrantCow on
    edited August 2010
    so are you saying

are you saying my lines are dumb

jam son

not totes

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    bame

yall being antimint

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited August 2010
    but, did you see what fatrannus said?

TyrantCow on
  • jarmisjarmis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Not gonna lie, that shouldn't have worked dude. Enemy team had an Amumu with 4 sunfires+despair and you have no MR. You should have melted anytime you went near him.

That totally happed, and it made me sad, however their ammumu was building a classic tank build until the end when everyone went sunfire and things just went crazy

jarmis on
    copyofcrayon4jj.jpg
  • undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    but, did you see what fatrannus said?

yeah

seems about right

poppy is the biznizz

(ap sion is somewhat biznezz, but not on the same scalar as the poopster)

edit: also it's hamrannus heh

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
    edited August 2010
    you're all banned to me.

TyrantCow on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Merc treads don't reduce silences?!

Reduces sleeps though. But who does a sleep?

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
  • AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Black shielding and then just walking through Veigar's Event Horizon is hilarious.

Asiina on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010

nope.avi
    totes
    HEH
    FFFFFFUUUUUU

im vouging that this is pretty bad then.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Asiina wrote: »
    Black shielding and then just walking through Veigar's Event Horizon is hilarious.

Black Shield plus ANYTHING debuff is hilarious. Laugh as Twisted Fate tries to gold card you and utterly fails it! Watch Poppy charge you into a wall only for her to pass right through you! Mock Mordekaiser by letting him cast his ult on you then activating your shield and magically not taking any damage from it!

Got to admit though, Karthus' Wall of Pain is one ability I LOVE to just pass through over and over with my shield.

Dac Vin on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Asiina wrote: »

Black Shield plus ANYTHING debuff is hilarious. Laugh as Twisted Fate tries to gold card you and utterly fails it! Watch Poppy charge you into a wall only for her to pass right through you! Mock Mordekaiser by letting him cast his ult on you then activating your shield and magically not taking any damage from it!

Got to admit though, Karthus' Wall of Pain is one ability I LOVE to just pass through over and over with my shield.
    My favorite is still Shielding Zilean's bombs during the laning phase. :3

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Dkarrde wrote: »

Judi is a girl

didja know?

She is the best girl~

[/talimancer]

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    they announced galio, the gargoyle!

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
    edited August 2010
    hehehehe

galio

TyrantCow on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    they announced galio, the gargoyle!

It is just as the prophecy foretold!

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited August 2010
    that's cool, i did some other fucking stuff for like an hour

now i can't play (log in)

TyrantCow on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    seriously what is riot's deal?

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    their free-to-play game has gotten extraordinarily popular and so requires more maintenance than usual

it's cool

Charles Kinbote on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    xposting this from the se thread since i have a question

Anyway we played vlad, xz, amumu, morgana, and yi against taric, mordekaiser, warwick, tf, and annie

we sucked hard at the start of the match but once team fights started we won every single one, with vlad usually getting a penta-kill because of the synergy between vlad/xz/amumu and morgana's ults, despite the fact that I think we were significantly outskilled.

if you're up against that combo of aoe damage what are you supposed to do? It seems like between those four ults you should get burned every time

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • DracoGriffinDracoGriffin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Heroes of Newerth seems to be hurting... offers of free trials are popping up everywhere.

DracoGriffin on
    edited August 2010
    Zoel wrote: »

Anyway we played vlad, xz, amumu, morgana, and yi against taric, mordekaiser, warwick, tf, and annie

we sucked hard at the start of the match but once team fights started we won every single one, with vlad usually getting a penta-kill because of the synergy between vlad/xz/amumu and morgana's ults, despite the fact that I think we were significantly outskilled.

if you're up against that combo of aoe damage what are you supposed to do? It seems like between those four ults you should get burned every time

dunno, CC i guess.

the game is going to be over pretty quick if you let that combo get the lead on you. the best defense is a good offense in this situation; and, you should be looking at trying to gank yi and xz early. i mean amumu and morgana can't do that much damage alone. vlad is a wildcard here, as he has the post-release buffitis. disregarding vlad, the two aoe stuns are gonna be the big fuck you, followed by deeps. so the trick is simply not to be in that situation.

TyrantCow on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zoel wrote: »

dunno, CC i guess.

the game is going to be over pretty quick if you let that combo get the lead on you. the best defense is a good offense in this situation; and, you should be looking at trying to gank yi and xz early. i mean amumu and morgana can't do that much damage alone. vlad is a wildcard here, as he has the post-release buffitis. disregarding vlad, the two aoe stuns are gonna be the big fuck you, followed by deeps. so the trick is simply not to be in that situation.
    Don't group up that close. Try to bait them to using their ult early. Have enough stuns and silences so that you *can* engage and blow one or two of their key players up before they can use their AoEs.

With that team, under ideal circumstances, I would've had Mordekaiser wade in and try to bait your team into something dumb. Annie then drops her ult on top while TF starts beating down Vlad. Taric stuns Amumu while WW then ults Vlad and you finish killing him. If you can keep the hemo from going off you're in better shape to deal with the rest. If TF can reliably land his stun, put that on Xin after Annie's wears off also.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So apparently I am on that qualification list. What now.

JAEF on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Check to see if you live in Europe and then realise you cannot participate.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
    edited August 2010
    I love the dotalike community.

I'm a fail Kayle for buying three doran's rings to start. Nevermind that health, AP and mana regen are all beneficial, the last critical to holding a lane against a Clarity heimer. Nevermind that I had no other use for the slots. Nevermind that even though my K/D/A was poor, it was circumstantial that my team relentlessly tower dived to give the other team triple and quad kills. Nevermind that they can be sold for about 2/3 of their cost, working as a kind of consumable.

Durp durp durp hurp durp.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]