As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the week 5/2/07

13»

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Seriously? What, was she naked and phased halfway into a wall or something?

I didn't think it would get wierder than her almost making out with Karma while wearing that Coyote Ugly outfit.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    No tricky phasing or anything. She's mostly standing in the dark, and, well, the drawing is from the behind the characters so you don't get all that much eye candy. Really, it's about as risque as I've ever seen her.

And Reynolds, are you referring to that Mekanix miniseries? Meh. Artists over the decades have just butchered Kitty, and the Mekanix version was among the worst. Cassady is so awesome.

Divebommah on
  • TerrorbyteTerrorbyte __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    I think it's really unfair how much better Astonishing X-Men is than every other super hero comic.

Uh, no. Far, far better than every X-Men comic of the past couple of years? Absolutely. One of the best X-Men runs ever? Absolutely. One of Marvel's consistently good books? Absolutely.

Best super hero comic being published? Absolutely not.

Terrorbyte on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I really like the miniseries. The art was fine. It was just her job and outfit that I didn't really buy.

She should be a computer technician or something, not a bartender. Sheesh.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I just read Buffy Season 8 #3
    Andrew, in Italy, playing strip poker with teenage girls

That slag.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    I just read Buffy Season 8 #3
    Andrew, in Italy, playing strip poker with teenage girls

That slag.

But you'll notice... he's COMPLETELY oblivious.

I think Willow might have some company in her camp...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited May 2007
    Sentry wrote: »

uh, duh? pretty much every single andrew appearance ever, especially all through season seven, was an allusion to him being gay and in love with warren.

Whippy on
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    I would comment about how not every one can be expected to appreciate the nuances that you can, but I am too afraid, since you are Whipstitchzombie.

graizur on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It wasn't so much "nuance" as it was "blatantly obvious" though. I mean, mostly it was played for laughs, but the point remains.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    edited May 2007
    yes, but it was too obvious. Joss enjoys playing with gender roles. As such, just because Andrew acted effeminate, that in no way means he's gay.

Hot naked slayers sitting right next to him, however, is something completely different.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What about when he saw Anya and Spike doing the deed on a table and remarked, "Spike is so cool."

Or when he said, "Warren never really loved... hanging out with us."

Or when he was filming a documentary and spent more time talking about how great Xander is with windows than he did filming Willow and Kennedy making out.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited May 2007
    What about when he saw Anya and Spike doing the deed on a table and remarked, "Spike is so cool."

Or when he said, "Warren never really loved... hanging out with us."

Or when he was filming a documentary and spent more time talking about how great Xander is with windows than he did filming Willow and Kennedy making out.

Or when he was riding on the back of Spikes bike up to follow Caleb's back trail. yeah yeah yeah... but until you see him making out with some guy, or taking it in the ass from a demon, you can't jump to that conclusion.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    So moment of the week. Mastermind/Cho with Jennifer Walters voicing over "They were sorry" about the Champions made the hairs on my forearm stand on end. I just like the idea of friends showing up unexpected. Also both Hercules and Warren are archetypes and inspiring. Hercules has like a Super Dad look and he is Hercules, a god, and Warren has wings like and Angel and is named Angel. Exello is very much a sort of character I can relate to so it was like a surprise birthday party or when your dad bails you out of jail and is sort of proud of you instead of angry. Hair raising and tears welling up.

graizur on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

uh, duh? pretty much every single andrew appearance ever, especially all through season seven, was an allusion to him being gay and in love with warren.

NOT TRUE!

Some were about him being gay and in love with Xander

Desktop Hippie on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Jeez you buffyphiles need your own thread

anyway, got around to reading some issues last night

The last page of "Scalped" is gonna cause the shit to hit the fan

Algertman on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I've been hearing good things about Scalped. Would the trade be a good investment ?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I honestly never caught a hint that Andrew was supposed to be gay. I thought he was just a socially akward geek.

Scooter on
    edited May 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    I honestly never caught a hint that Andrew was supposed to be gay. I thought he was just a socially akward geek.

Completely agree here. I think that was his point, not gay but awkward to the point of being asexual.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Of course, this begs the question of why they were playing strip poker in the first place. Unless you were expanding the "Willow had company in her camp" theory.

Speaking of Buffy MotW, the third page was one of the most disturbign and hilarious things I've seen in a while. The cube page was cool, too, if only to catch all the references to the old series.
    and Joss Whedon himself.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dude, what about that bit in the last season of Angel when Andrew is in Italy and he's got those two hot Italian chicks on his arm and he's all "I'm so awesome"

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
    edited May 2007
    bobgorila wrote: »
    Dude, what about that bit in the last season of Angel when Andrew is in Italy and he's got those two hot Italian chicks on his arm and he's all "I'm so awesome"

God knows women never hang out with gay men.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited May 2007
    There was also the episode where he was excited to take a turn with Warren's brainwashed ex-girlfriend.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    There was also the episode where he was excited to take a turn with Warren's brainwashed ex-girlfriend.

Because as we all know, no awkward gay guys in high school or college ever pretend (even convincing themselves) that they're straight.

mattharvest on
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Or he could be bi. Just sayin', is all.

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
    edited May 2007

Because as we all know, no awkward gay guys in high school or college ever pretend (even convincing themselves) that they're straight.

yay Matt, you solved the riddle! Or, maybe, one shouldn't just assume sexual orientation based on tired stereotypes... but hey, that's just my opinion...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    edited May 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    I've been hearing good things about Scalped. Would the trade be a good investment ?

Whe the trade comes out yes

Very good read

Algertman on
    edited May 2007
    FCBD_2007_Spider-Man_01_pg13_Swing_.jpg

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited May 2007
    HAHAHA! That's great

I love Slott's humor

Algertman on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    D: .

Garlic Bread on