As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Your Gaming White Whale

• Options
    043043 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Most of the PS2 library. I didn't actually get one until a year or two ago, and soon after got a PS3, so I just kept piling things onto my backlog.

It won't stop. D:

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vader111vader111 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's why we have the backlog challenge.

My backlog scares the loving shit out of me. There is a list. I wrote it all down, once.

That list sits in the bastard corner of doom and deceit, gathering dust under all five Heroes of Might and Magic games.

Every year I sit down and try to go through HOMM II, III and V (I finished HOMMI, surprisingly, and IV just makes me mad if I play it for too long) and actually finish the campaigns.

I lose steam somewhere halfway through II, so I move on to III. Then I realize that III has like thirteen bajillion campaigns, so I skip it and move on to V.

I get four or five missions into V, and want to tear my ears out because the voice acting and plot is so terrible. Men of fucking War has a more compelling narrative.

vader111 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ecco the dolphin.

One day....

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    TheOrangeTheOrange Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mafia Wars on facebook

TheOrange on
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Frankenstein Junior on the C64.

Yeah that would be mine as every game I've played since then, I've stubbornly completed. oh! except FF13 but that may not count, because fuck that game.

atat23 on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So after putting it down after getting mad at it two years ago.. I finally beat Kingdom Hearts this weekend, woohoo! I have NO idea why I was having trouble beating malificent two years ago, but I beat her no problem this time around. And then started getting frustrated at fighting Ansem for the millionth time.. but luckily my boyfriend was there to make me keep playing the game haha. So both Kingdom Hearts games were picked back up and beaten by us this weekend, the first one by me and second one by him. Aww yea. Always feels good to finally get something out of my backlog.

Also, is it just me or does everyone stop at the same point on Final Fantasy IX? We had been playing a long while back and stopped on the 3rd disc in the area where you can't use magic and I definitely have a magic user or two in the party.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    you should finish FF9 next
    for real it is super good

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    BTP wrote: »
    My gaming white whale is of a different sort.

*snip*

Well, I imagine the reason that it took your friends months to get their Wii online is because Nintendo's online structure isn't exactly fluid or ideal. And it seems you're at an age where your friendships are going to broaden, in that people are going to be moving or establishing themselves in new social circles, and local multiplayer just isn't practical (or even desired, since the online features of other consoles like the 360 are thoroughly built for social gaming).

The only thing that appeals to me about the Wii is the VC, and even then that's not enough to get me to spend $200 on a console.

Ceno on
  • Options
    wetflamewetflame Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mine has always been Link To The Past. I've tried it on three different consoles, I never seem to get past the part where you go into the mountains and go into the dark world. I always get lost and then forget about it, then pick it up again years later and forget what i'm supposed to be doing.

wetflame on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nayracnayrac Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Has anybody ever met anyone who finished "Legacy of the Wizard" on the NES. That game haunted me as a kid, I could never get to any boss, I could never get items that had no conceivable value. I could wander for hours and never find where I was supposed to go though.

Same here. My cousin had that game. We would play as the pet dinosaur for a bit trying to find stuff and get bored. He was famous for getting obscure and, I'm convinced, impossible NES games. Stuff like 8 Eyes, Kid Niki, and some vertical scrolling shooter where you could switch between 4 different people.

My white whale will always be Burning Force on Genesis. I could easily get to the last stage but never beat it. The difficulty goes from meh to OMG in 1 level.

nayrac on
    Solar Hoops - For sale on XBLIG!
  • Options
    VicWhitenVicWhiten Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    wetflame wrote: »
    Mine has always been Link To The Past. I've tried it on three different consoles, I never seem to get past the part where you go into the mountains and go into the dark world. I always get lost and then forget about it, then pick it up again years later and forget what i'm supposed to be doing.

Oh man, you're missing out on my favorite game ever! I've beaten it so many times I think I could beat the light world blindfolded!

VicWhiten on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    atat23atat23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

If you are going to go back after years, you're probably better off restarting.

atat23 on
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    nayrac wrote: »
    ...and some vertical scrolling shooter where you could switch between 4 different people.

That was uh... 'Knight's Somethingorother' for the NES. I used to have it, too. Never beat it. The final stage has a maze that I believe randomly changes, and once you choose a set path to go down, you can't turn back as the screen scrolls. And if you're smooshed by the screen, well, game over. You have to start that entire fizzbitch from the beginning, playing through all the stages again to collect the characters.

It was a Square game, too.

MalReynolds on
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I had to do that with Wind Waker.

It kept track of when the last time I played was.. 10/7/07

D:

I was like "fuck this" and deleted that save and started fresh since I would have no clue where I had left off.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Daius wrote: »
    Sam_%26_Max_Hit_the_Road_artwork.jpg

I got it in 1995

I completed it in 2007.

Seriously some parts of it I had no clue what the hell I was meant to be doing

Lucasarts adventure games had that problem occasionally. Sometimes the puzzles leave you sitting there going "wait...what!?" Those games definitely forced you to think in ways that defy rational standard logic.

Sam & Max has some genuinely terrible and utterly "makes no sense" puzzles. Day of the Tentancle stays consistently wacky in its puzzle solutions, S&M veers from realistic to utterly comic solutions to problems which makes it utterly frustrating to play.

Alistair Hutton on
    I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ...and some vertical scrolling shooter where you could switch between 4 different people.

That was uh... 'Knight's Somethingorother' for the NES. I used to have it, too. Never beat it. The final stage has a maze that I believe randomly changes, and once you choose a set path to go down, you can't turn back as the screen scrolls. And if you're smooshed by the screen, well, game over. You have to start that entire fizzbitch from the beginning, playing through all the stages again to collect the characters.

Knight's Quest.

So the bloody maze is randomly generated?! Augh, that figures. I just assumed you needed to collect all their elemental thingies to break down the wall.

This is, by the way, my gaming white whale.

Then GTA:SA

Sipex on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Daius wrote: »
    Sam_%26_Max_Hit_the_Road_artwork.jpg

I got it in 1995

I completed it in 2007.

Seriously some parts of it I had no clue what the hell I was meant to be doing

Lucasarts adventure games had that problem occasionally. Sometimes the puzzles leave you sitting there going "wait...what!?" Those games definitely forced you to think in ways that defy rational standard logic.

Sam & Max has some genuinely terrible and utterly "makes no sense" puzzles. Day of the Tentancle stays consistently wacky in its puzzle solutions, S&M veers from realistic to utterly comic solutions to problems which makes it utterly frustrating to play.

My thoughts exactly. If it wasn't for the endearing charm found in everything but the gameplay of Sam & Max, I would have hated it with a passion and never advanced past the Giant Ball of Yarn area.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    morepewpew wrote: »
    vader111 wrote: »
    Annora wrote: »
    I still haven't beat Final Fantasy X. I get to the point where you're fighting whatever the hell the guy with girl hair's name is, and he's got this like robot body, and then I throw the controller down in frustration. I tried to do it for a couple years, and then I just never went back to it. The entire game was like nails on a chalkboard up to that point, so I can't imagine it gets any better. I haven't touched the Final Fantasy franchise since then.

Hah! You think (BIG SPOILZ, LOL)
    Seymour was bad, it just gets like ten fucking times worse once you fight Yunalesca, who's more than capable of killing you in a single turn.

I quit after I got stuck on Jecht. Stupid regenerating asshat.

Actually, the entire Final Fantasy series is my humongous white whale. I have, to my eternal shame, never beaten a single one. I get up to the last couple of boss fights, get my ass whooped, and then leave them alone.

This has happened, to date, TWELVE TIMES.

Grrrrr.

Get to level 99 and whoop their asses
    Protip: Don't do this in FFXIII.

forty on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Has anybody ever met anyone who finished "Legacy of the Wizard" on the NES. That game haunted me as a kid, I could never get to any boss, I could never get items that had no conceivable value. I could wander for hours and never find where I was supposed to go though.

Same here. My cousin had that game. We would play as the pet dinosaur for a bit trying to find stuff and get bored. He was famous for getting obscure and, I'm convinced, impossible NES games. Stuff like 8 Eyes, Kid Niki, and some vertical scrolling shooter where you could switch between 4 different people.
    No way! My dad and I beat 8 Eyes when I was a kid, and neither of us was great at video games. We did it over a period of days, though, since the level order system was retarded and arbitrary. We just slowly trial-and-errored our way through the various levels. I'm kind of surprised, actually, since I didn't have that kind of patience for most games as a kid. It probably helped that the music was good.

Oh yeah, and we wrote down the kill order and the hidden gem clues in a notebook as we found them. Old school shit.

Edit: I don't think we ever beat the second quest, though. Mostly for lack of trying since we felt it was cheap and didn't feel like going through all that again.

forty on
  • Options
    nayracnayrac Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sipex wrote: »

Knight's Quest.

So the bloody maze is randomly generated?! Augh, that figures. I just assumed you needed to collect all their elemental thingies to break down the wall.

It got released on Wii VC?? Awesome. Now I can go torture myself with childhood nightmares.

I never had the patience for 8 eyes.

nayrac on
    Solar Hoops - For sale on XBLIG!
  • Options
    SipexSipex Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sipex wrote: »

Knight's Quest.

It got released on Wii VC?? Awesome. Now I can go torture myself with childhood nightmares.

I never had the patience for 8 eyes.

Oh right, it's King's Knight.

Still, damn that game.

Sipex on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

*stories*

Maybe it's your age? And I don't mean that in a derogratory sense, I mean maybe the people you hang out with are at that age where they just don't play many new video games. You mention being at a university, so I imagine around 20 years old?

I could count on one hand the number of times me and my friends have played video games together in the last 5 years for me, ANY game. Not just wii games. I think it has to do with having less time to learn new games and sticking mainly to what you know. In the case of your friends, they have 360's and ps3s, so they know those games, but they don't have enough time to learn every game, you know?

I understand what you mean about not playing many new games. It's a little bit silly to bring over a game that I would know inside-out and beat them every time because that's not fun for them. But that's why I've offered to show them stuff like Mario Kart and Wii Sports Resort since they're so easy to understand the controls. Perhaps now it would be unfair on them since I know all the tracks and shortcuts and such with MK, but I'm sure they could still beat me in Wii Sports Resort.

As for the university stuff, what I described was what I knew was happening there, and I'm sure there was much more gaming happening elsewhere. What I knew of was regularly scheduled weekly and most of the people that came were taking a game development degree or something similar. They had TONS of games, but few different consoles.

And then there's Pac-man Vs.. I certainly understand the need for a description of how the game is played for the first-time player for that one. But not knowing your controls?....in Pac-man?!

Ceno wrote: »

*snip*

Well, I imagine the reason that it took your friends months to get their Wii online is because Nintendo's online structure isn't exactly fluid or ideal. And it seems you're at an age where your friendships are going to broaden, in that people are going to be moving or establishing themselves in new social circles, and local multiplayer just isn't practical (or even desired, since the online features of other consoles like the 360 are thoroughly built for social gaming).

The only thing that appeals to me about the Wii is the VC, and even then that's not enough to get me to spend $200 on a console.

While I'll admit to have never seen the process of hooking up a PS3 or 360 to make it online enabled wirelessly, I'm sorry, but even with how shitty the Wii's online setup is compared to the other consoles, do you honestly expect me to believe it is reasonable to take months to hook up a Wii to a router?

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I could never beat Mad Max for the NES. The last boss was just too tough.

EDIT: SON OF A BITCH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5ZjzFLHDrA&feature=related

All these years and I never figured out you couldn't beat the boss because the game didn't give you sufficient ammo.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

*stories*

Maybe it's your age? And I don't mean that in a derogratory sense, I mean maybe the people you hang out with are at that age where they just don't play many new video games. You mention being at a university, so I imagine around 20 years old?

I could count on one hand the number of times me and my friends have played video games together in the last 5 years for me, ANY game. Not just wii games. I think it has to do with having less time to learn new games and sticking mainly to what you know. In the case of your friends, they have 360's and ps3s, so they know those games, but they don't have enough time to learn every game, you know?

I understand what you mean about not playing many new games. It's a little bit silly to bring over a game that I would know inside-out and beat them every time because that's not fun for them. But that's why I've offered to show them stuff like Mario Kart and Wii Sports Resort since they're so easy to understand the controls. Perhaps now it would be unfair on them since I know all the tracks and shortcuts and such with MK, but I'm sure they could still beat me in Wii Sports Resort.

As for the university stuff, what I described was what I knew was happening there, and I'm sure there was much more gaming happening elsewhere. What I knew of was regularly scheduled weekly and most of the people that came were taking a game development degree or something similar. They had TONS of games, but few different consoles.

And then there's Pac-man Vs.. I certainly understand the need for a description of how the game is played for the first-time player for that one. But not knowing your controls?....in Pac-man?!

Right, I'm not saying NO one plays new games past a certain age, or else this website wouldn't exist you know. I mean you and I alone prove that isn't the case. I mean just with your friends.

A game like Mario Kart or Wii Sports Resort, while not daunting to someone who plays tons and tons of games, still can be daunting to someone more casual. It sounds silly, but not knowing a track might be enough to turn someone away.

Good luck with your search though, I got 3 friends together once for 4 swords adventures. It was like pulling teeth getting people to play, but when it came through it was incredible.

Ceno wrote: »

*snip*

While I'll admit to have never seen the process of hooking up a PS3 or 360 to make it online enabled wirelessly, I'm sorry, but even with how shitty the Wii's online setup is compared to the other consoles, do you honestly expect me to believe it is reasonable to take months to hook up a Wii to a router?

What I think he meant was that it took months before they wanted to set it up, or even knew you could. With the PS3 and 360, the online component is staring you right in the face as soon as you turn it on. On both consoles, you actually feel like you're missing huge features, right from the system menu, if you don't have the internet. Hell half of the Xbox 360's main menu doesn't load if you're offline. By contrast, if you're not online with the wii, all that changes is the weather and news channel icons don't update.

To me, it always seems like there is less incentive to go online with my wii. I even have wiispeak, yet I can count on one hand the number of times I played a feature-rich game like, say, The Conduit online. It's hard to explain why, but I'm confident I'm not alone in these opinions.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It took me about 7-8 months to get around to finishing Valkyria Chronicles.

Right now my white whale would be Okami. I've had that game for nearly a year and haven't advanced.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh man Valkyria Chronicles

I got it on clearance at Christmas time last year. It went on the backburner for AC2 and I still haven't gotten around to getting through the tutorials. I think I'm at the part where they teach you how to select what troops you want.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My white whale would be Super Mario 64. For some reason, I've never been able to beat bowser the last time. I can do nearly anything else in that game, the final level is practically muscle memory, but I just could not kill him. I've tried hundreds of times :(

FF: Tactics is a second, but thats my own fault. I always get to the last chapter/act/whatever, start in on the sidequests, and drop it for a while, and end up restarting next time I play.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    Alien QueenAlien Queen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ecco the dolphin.

One day....

Which one? The very first one? That game is harrrrrrrd, I'm not ashamed to admit that I could only finish that game with cheats (unlimited health or something).

Alien Queen on
    3DS: 4742 5205 9601 - Boss Lady - Pokemon Y - In game name: Kira
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Raslin wrote: »
    My white whale would be Super Mario 64. For some reason, I've never been able to beat bowser the last time. I can do nearly anything else in that game, the final level is practically muscle memory, but I just could not kill him. I've tried hundreds of times :(

FF: Tactics is a second, but thats my own fault. I always get to the last chapter/act/whatever, start in on the sidequests, and drop it for a while, and end up restarting next time I play.
    Man, this is like the Robotnik guy. The final Bowser is definitely a step up from the other fights, but there's no way he's as tough as some of the other tough challenges in the game (some of the Tick Tock Clock stars, Rainbow Ride... hell, just the last few worlds in general).

I'm confused.

forty on
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    CyborgZeta wrote: »

Right now my white whale would be Okami. I've had that game for nearly a year and haven't advanced.

Play Okami! It really is so much fun! I would really recommend it on PS2 as well over the Wii version. I played the ps2 version, and i've heard it was more difficult to control the brush with the wiimote.

Kirbith on
    Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    forty wrote: »

Man, this is like the Robotnik guy. The final Bowser is definitely a step up from the other fights, but there's no way he's as tough as some of the other tough challenges in the game (some of the Tick Tock Clock stars, Rainbow Ride... hell, just the last few worlds in general).

I'm confused.

Ohh, I know. It really shouldn't be hard at all, for me anyways. But... I just can't do it. For some damn reason, I just cannot do it.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kirbith wrote: »
    CyborgZeta wrote: »

Play Okami! It really is so much fun! I would really recommend it on PS2 as well over the Wii version. I played the ps2 version, and i've heard it was more difficult to control the brush with the wiimote.
    Yeah, the PS2 version is what I have. I'm stuck after the first dungeon/level/whatever and I'm supposed to go into a forest I think. But the only way through is a small river and I keep drowning.

CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    topgamer1980topgamer1980 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

That happened to me 3 times already.

topgamer1980 on
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

That happened to me 3 times already.

I restart PoP2008 every time I pick it up (which is way more fucking often than you'd think).

Kazaka on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Me: Hey this is alot like the previous installment which happens to be one of my favorite games!
    Fallout 2: Isn't it?! But first we wanna show off these sweet ants, and some scorpions. Kill them with this spear we gave you.
    Me: Whew! That took a long time Fallout 2, now give me a gun and lets get some action!
    Fallout 2: Wait wait wait, how about we give you an air-rifle instead? And oh man, instead of action, how about GECKOS?! Do you want more goddamn GECKOS?! Fight some more GECKOS. Hey I want to skin GECKOS my friends been kidnapped by GECKOS go kill GECKOS
    *quits Fallout 2*

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    badger2dbadger2d San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Orc campaign in Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal has a hell of a finale that I could never beat despite how into that game I was as a teenager. I last gave it another try a few years ago, but I just found it impossibly disorienting trying to play without modern RTS controls that I got so accustomed to in the meantime. Don't think I'll ever take this one down.

Civilization is also a white whale of sorts. The only two games I've ever played to completion in the series were a couple of cultural victories in Civ 4, which is so easy it just feels like cheating. Every now and then I start a game vowing to slog through all the way for a military or space victory, but it's never happened. Not even when I lowered the difficulty two notches to Noble from my usual Monarch - I got to the Industrial Era with a ridiculously huge lead in tech, and about 45% of the territory in the world under my control, and still just got bogged down in how tedious it is to manage a bajillion things each turn in the late game, and just never got back to it.

badger2d on
    Blizzard: Symphony #1704
    Steam: badger2d
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't even know how to play Civilization.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Liberty WingsLiberty Wings Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't even know how to play Civilization.

I didn't even pick it up

Liberty Wings on
  • Options
    President RexPresident Rex Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Me: Hey this is alot like the previous installment which happens to be one of my favorite games!
    Fallout 2: Isn't it?! But first we wanna show off these sweet ants, and some scorpions. Kill them with this spear we gave you.
    Me: Whew! That took a long time Fallout 2, now give me a gun and lets get some action!
    Fallout 2: Wait wait wait, how about we give you an air-rifle instead? And oh man, instead of action, how about GECKOS?! Do you want more goddamn GECKOS?! Fight some more GECKOS. Hey I want to skin GECKOS my friends been kidnapped by GECKOS go kill GECKOS
    *quits Fallout 2*

This is true. The Temple of Trials, Arroyo, Klamath and the Gecko cave are so godawfully boring (unless you take all your stuff from another safe and put it in one of the containers, ha ha!). The game doesn't really pick up until you can get a pistol or an SMG (they don't even have to be good like the .223 that seems to come fairly quickly, either).

I think the temple is there to make you revert to a melee-based player to dick you over in the long run.

President Rex on
  • Options
    wetflamewetflame Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    atat23 wrote: »

If you are going to go back after years, you're probably better off restarting.

Oh, I do. I just always get to that point again after a while and get lost. I don't know why. I should just sit down with it and power through that area. I love all the other Zelda games, I've beaten LA over and over, I just never seem to get past that particular point.

wetflame on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]