As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre-Wizarding Fried Food Extravaganza! (#PWFFE)

MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in PAX Archive
We're currently at the upper end of the reasonable size for attendees, and cannot take extras. Please do not just show up, as it will really destroy the capacity of the places we'll be at!

For those of us who are going on the Tri-Wizarding Bar Crawl, but aren't going to the Pre-PAX dinner, we're going to meet up for some delicious fried food at the Pike Street Fish Fry. We'll meet there at 6:30 PM, and aim to be done by 7:30, so that we have some buffer time, and can make it to the bar crawl on time.

We will pick up our food at the Pike Street Fish Fry, and then wander the streets bringing mayhem and chaos to all who cross our paths :)

Pike's Street Fish Fry
925 East Pike Street
Seattle, WA

Costumes are welcome! But please, don't expecto your patronus in front of minors.
For those of us not going to the Pre-PAX dinner (due to a combination of restraining orders, an inability to behave in polite company, and late flights), we're going to meet up for fried goodness, sammiches and such at Pike's Street Fish Fry.

All are invited, though obviously Hufflepuffians are the coolest :)

They have lots of choice of fish, meat and veggie, food is $5-10. Non-carbon-based life forms are not served at this establishment.

Menu here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_g_2heoQoMxw/SswJg4LEaaI/AAAAAAAAAF8/LgG3aKJ_CkM/s1600-h/FIsh+Fry+TOGO+Menu.jpg

If you can join the Facebook group that would be great. Either let me know there or here how many of you are planning to come, and if you sign up on the Facebook page, what your forum name is.

Attending [54]:
MelesMeles
streablicious +1
Crispy262
akjak +1
Punkjr
SurlyMcD
iamelk
rana
Twizzle +5
ZeroHourHero
Lumenadducere +1
LooneyEclipse
LordDHMD
Angel177 +1(+3?)
MrBartokomous
jenelle
ddrlegs
GiraffeOverlord
Jediknightkarl +1
Callmemolly +1
Domcheezy +2
Cadyn
Optimal
Atratyys +5
BrokenAngel +1
fieldju +1
Bozko +1
adester
munkyboy0930 +2
Warblade
Piggo
Sumi
Alazull
Pythos +1
Stardancin +1
me2wired +1
Serenity +5?

Maybe attending [8]:
skarsol +2/4
Twinkie
enigmas
Majikman13

WE WILL BE AT MOE BAR

We have booths reserved at Moe bar nextdoor. They will be handling all the food orders and pass them through to the Fish Fry. They are a chilled place, and sound perfect for what we want. Please go to Moe bar, and place your orders there. DO NOT ORDER AT THE FISH FRY, as that will mess up the system and upset all the great people who are helping make this happen.

MelesMeles on

• strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I will be attending this +1. I'm sure my bro won't mind. I was just planning on grabbing random bits of food before hand, but this sounds like a better idea. We are showing up in full wizard gear, right? Ought to confuse the heck out of people.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I will be attending this +1. I'm sure my bro won't mind. I was just planning on grabbing random bits of food before hand, but this sounds like a better idea. We are showing up in full wizard gear, right? Ought to confuse the heck out of people.

Definitely :) Will be brilliant! How often do you see wizards eating steak and fried oyster sandwiches? (that's what I'll be having, btw)

MelesMeles on
  • Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't do Facebook so please add me from here. I will be there in my Hufflepuff gear! Not sure what I will be eating yet but there seemed to be plenty of good choices :)

Crispy262 on
    vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

edited August 2010
    Coolio. Can't wait to get all those weird looks from people. :)

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Put a maybe on FB and invited my compatriots. Would be +2 or +4 depending.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm not sure yet of my plans but this definitely sounds fun.

Zellpher on
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I love their sandwich clause. I may have to check this out while I'm in town, though not with you guys. :( I'm going to the Pre-PAX Dinner. Have fun!

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm attending +1

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Put me in for a maybe with a +1 :D

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited August 2010
    I just want to take a moment to reflect on how amazing PAX is. This is going to be my first year, I'm a true PAX Virgin (and I have a t-shirt to prove it). I'd never been on these boards before May. And yet, somehow, I'm already organising a PAX spin-off event (the London PAX pre-party) and a PAX spin-off spin-off event (the pre-wizarding food here). And people are signing up!

Truly, 70,000 friends I never knew I had. Can I live in the world of PAX year-round?

MelesMeles on
  • jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    There is a reason for the post-PAX blues, to be sure. I nearly cried after '07 when I came home, opened pictochat, and no one joined :(

For content: me+1 are maybes, and how can a "field roast sausage sandwich" be vegan? How can you un-meat a sausage?

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • IamelkIamelk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    iamelk + rana will swing by :)

Iamelk on
  • TwizzleTwizzle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This sounds like an awesome idea!! MmmmFriedFoodMmmm I'll be there grubbin on the yumminess :mrgreen: +/- a few pals

Twizzle on
  • TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Twizzle wrote: »
    This sounds like an awesome idea!! MmmmFriedFoodMmmm I'll be there grubbin on the yumminess :mrgreen: +/- a few pals

Yep I would say us +1-4 depending on interest/timing :-)

YUM!

Teknotronic on
  • ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Put me down as a maybe, I'll be baking all day thursday, so I wont know when Im finished until... well.. Im finished. I could go for fish and chips before the crawl.

ZeroHourHero on
  • KnifeySpoonyKnifeySpoony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Possibly! We won't be going on the crawl though. :/

KnifeySpoony on
    edited August 2010
    Awesome, list updated :)

I'm talking to the folks over at the Fish Fry to coordinate with them for maximum awesomeness. Given that numbers are continuing to increase, I wanted to give them a little bit of warning that more than two dozen witches and wizards would be storming their establishment!

MelesMeles on
    edited August 2010
    Possibly! We won't be going on the crawl though. :/

You're still more than welcome to come to the food :) You are encouraged to wear silly clothes! And perhaps we can convince you to join us for one or two rounds of spellcasting?

MelesMeles on
  • LumenadducereLumenadducere Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Me + 1 for delicious fried food, please! Definitely looking forward to it (and the crawl).

Lumenadducere on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I won't be able to make it that night due to arriving on the train trip, but I am so heading down there for lunch one day during the weekend.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
    edited August 2010
    Well, it looks like pretty much everybody who's attending has reserved some coins. That's good, so I can go ahead and knock most of them out before I get too drunk. :)

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Edit : Put me in for this!

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • LordDHMDLordDHMD Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll be there. Sounds delicious.

LordDHMD on
  • TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, it looks like pretty much everybody who's attending has reserved some coins. That's good, so I can go ahead and knock most of them out before I get too drunk. :)

Daaaaaaamn I forgot to get coins! Following...too...many....threads....head......asplode......

Teknotronic on
  • MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pretty sure my plans for later in the evening involve going to Hula Hula for Karaoke, but I'm definitely in for this.

MrBartokomous on
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Add 2 maybe 4 I'm a brit, and living in Alberta god I miss good fish!

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Angel177 wrote: »

I'm a Londoner, hence why I had to make this event at a chippie :)

MelesMeles on
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    Angel177 wrote: »

I'm a Londoner, hence why I had to make this event at a chippie :)

HA! :P love it

Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just spoke to my drinking companion - myself and my +1 (ddrlegs on the forum) are in fo sho, though our arrival time depends entirely on how long it takes for us to costume it up at the hotel. Cue giggling.

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • giraffeoverlordgiraffeoverlord Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll be there! Just RSVPed on Facebook, too.

giraffeoverlord on
    TWDT Ravenclaw Perfect Attendance!
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head Girl, 2011-12. CACAW!
    edited August 2010
    jenelle: glad you were able to bring your +1! :)

giraffe: You're added :mrgreen: I'm a little scared about all these Ravenclaw...are you planning an insurrection? o_O

MelesMeles on
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am tentatively in barring Enforcer shenaniganz (read: shifts)! I've yet to visit this place as I'm not huge into fried food, but reading the menu definitely piqued interest. And I'm a worldly foodie, so I can't say no!
    I just want to take a moment to reflect on how amazing PAX is. This is going to be my first year, I'm a true PAX Virgin (and I have a t-shirt to prove it). I'd never been on these boards before May. And yet, somehow, I'm already organising a PAX spin-off event (the London PAX pre-party) and a PAX spin-off spin-off event (the pre-wizarding food here). And people are signing up!

Truly, 70,000 friends I never knew I had. Can I live in the world of PAX year-round?

Also YES. My fellow Seattleites and I are definitely in PAX spirits full-time. We've at times compared social gatherings to "mini-PAXes", hehe. It makes me happy to know other PAXer communities are sprouting up across the pond, and I'm sure beyond. :)

Twinkie on
    edited August 2010
    Twinkie wrote: »
    I am tentatively in barring Enforcer shenaniganz (read: shifts)! I've yet to visit this place as I'm not huge into fried food, but reading the menu definitely piqued interest. And I'm a worldly foodie, so I can't say no!

Also YES. My fellow Seattleites and I are definitely in PAX spirits full-time. We've at times compared social gatherings to "mini-PAXes", hehe. It makes me happy to know other PAXer communities are sprouting up across the pond, and I'm sure beyond. :)

I lived in Everett for four years and I barely ever went venturing much into Seattle. And when I went to my last PAX in '06, I didn't really immerse myself in the community. Now, I figure I'd knock them both out and once and just throw myself out there. This, the crawl, post-PAX dinners, buttons, challenge coins. Should all be lots of fun that I can wait. Two weeks before I can start my vacation and it can't come fast enough.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Two weeks before I can start my vacation and it can't come fast enough.

Hear, hear!

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    edited August 2010

giraffe: You're added :mrgreen: I'm a little scared about all these Ravenclaw...are you planning an insurrection? o_O

You never know! :P

giraffeoverlord on
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

An insurrection implies we aren't already the ruling power...

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    edited August 2010

An insurrection implies we aren't already the ruling power...

This^10

giraffeoverlord on
  • Crispy262Crispy262 HuffleDRUNK @Hogwarts Castle BasementRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Don't worry about the Ravenclaws - they spend too much time thinking to cause any real trouble :P

Crispy262 on
    vqyaoonar0oe.png
    Retired [E]
    HUFFLEPUFF 2011-18
    https://facebook.com/groups/HufflepuffTWDT/

• EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How do I love this place. I'll be heading up to karaoke a block up after this so I may stop by for a bite and to say 'hi'.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Count me in for the maybe. I will try but there is so much going on and I don't know what friends are doing either.

adester on
This discussion has been closed.