As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(OOC)Hunter:the Vigil, Project FORT

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I was told; to be fixed soonish.

Fixed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I saw that the IC thread was up. Does this mean that everyone who placed a sheet here is in or...

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah. Everyone here is in.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aw man, I just saw this else I woulda thrown my hat in the ring.

It looks like Hank rides again!

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Moose!

Bo will be missed if it is now too late.

You will be missed <3

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, I think there was one more spot, so it may be possible...

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Moose cooked up a good character for the Hunter we played in together but sadly were unable to finish.

It'd be sweet if he could do so again!

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I think I remember Moose.

He's in if his character has even a single dot in Subterfuge.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Haha. Nice.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I guess it would make sense for Dan to have subterfuge....Hmmmmm.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Casimir's got the right attitude for a shadowy government agent :^:

I like it.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    shit yes

i want to make a movie where tom waits and ron perlman are brothers who do awesome deeds together

i think i would title it

"Ron Perlman and Tom Waits Are Brothers"

because they really should be

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can't think of a actress who fits my mental image of Ellie. I'd say something like Code Veronica-era Claire Redfield, I guess, but more of a business type.

This random image I found in google was the closest thing.
    Business_lady_4_by_Vampirenish.jpg

Not that icey though.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sorry, I was away for most of the weekend.

I will throw some points at a sheet and see what I come up with if there is still a spot. I will try to have it done by the end of the day.

Edit: Oh, and no worries if I have missed my window or whatever.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "Vic"
    3120836-a-man-in-suit-holding-knife-behind-back-light-gray-background-version.jpg
    "Excuse me sir, but I believe you dropped your wallet?

Character Sheet

Bio
    "Excuse me, miss? Where do you want these water bottles" A rather bored looking man struggles to keep his dolly from tipping under the weight of the massive jugs of water.
    Without even looking up the secretary mumbles something about "Floor 20" and buzzes him through a side door, allowing him to bypass the impressive metal detector that stood in the front.
    "Thanks..."

If you keep your head down and act like you belong there, no one will ever bother you. Especially if you are delivering something they need. Especially something simple like water. No one asks questions about water. Never try to deliver a copier without reading the manual a couple times. Halfway down the hall Vic ducked into a storage room. Like magic, he unzips his work overalls and reveals the finely pressed suit underneath. Take off the hat, slick back the hair, and the boring delivery man suddenly looks like one of the agents wandering the halls of this federal building. The fake badge helps too.

He heads for the elevator, making sure to smile pleasantly. These bastards had been keeping tabs on him for months. It is hard to run a good operation when you are followed by cameras, black cars, and broad shouldered jerks with ear pieces. Normally, Vic would just disappear, but they had a rather incriminating video tape that needed to be destroyed first. Easy enough, right?

"Sorry 'bout that...", he bumped past a man as Vic entered the elevator. Vic admired his shiny new badge as he headed to the records floor. This place had been hard to map out. They were some branch of the government, that much is for sure, but the information was locked down tight. He had to burn some resources to get a floor plan, but he knew he was heading the right direction. He stepped off on his floor, below ground, and admired the fine boring architecture of government buildings. The stone hallways ended at a security door that required key card access. Mr. Reynolds card opened it with a jiffy. Smirking, Vic stepped into what should have been the records office. However, he was confronted by a single man in a black suit sitting at a large wooden table. A dvd was sitting on the desk between them.

The man smiled, that same knowing smile that Vic had had just moments before, "It is good to finally meet you. It takes a considerable amount of skill to get this far. Now tell me.... have you ever heard of Task Force: Valkeryie?"

Motivations
    Justice: Vic knows he is a bastard. Every thief comes to term with this eventually. The easiest way to come to term with the fact that you steal for a living is to find a way to justify it. This is exactly what Vic has done, he steals only from those who "deserve it". Arrogant businessmen flaunting their cash, the drug dealers down the hall, and even that jackass that cuts in front of you in the bank. The reasons are few and far between, but Vic can always find an excuse.

Envy/Greed: Everyone hates being looked down on. Vic however, cannot stand it. An investment banker once spilled coffee on Vic's new shirt and referred to him as "low class trash". Now normally, Vic's response would have been to steal his wallet and move on with his day. However, that phrase flipped a dark switch inside of him. Vic waged a campaign of theft against this man. He stole his car, his bank account, his identity, and even had a fling with his girlfriend. Who is low class now, Mr Smith?

Survival: The beast inside of Vic hungers for things. Money, Cars, Power, Women. However, a beast is still just a beast when the chips are down. When things get tough a beast can fight, or a beast can run. Disappearing is second nature to a man like Vic, but when cornered he can be an extremely vicious opponent.

Skill Tricks
    Nondescript: Vic has always been considered average. Average build, average face, average everything. While some would call this a curse, he calls it a blessing. There is something about him that simply makes him forgettable, a certain way he blends into the background of peoples mind. He is the face in the crowd you can never remember and he is the face who is currently walking away holding your car keys. Effect: Vic has an unmemorable face. Witnesses can never place him at a scene and descriptions of him tend to fail.

Light Fingers: A pleasant handshake, a pat on the back, a slight brush past as people shift for the door. That is all it takes. Vic is an expert at taking advantage of these little situations and walking away with his own pockets slightly heavier. Most people don't even realize their possessions are gone until it is too late. Effect: Vic can steal anything without a roll. He probably has your wallet right now. Just how old is this condom in here anyways?

Butcher: On the outside, Vic is all smiles with bits of light sarcasm, but deep in every soul lies darkness. His past is far from unstained and watching him work with a blade highlights this like nothing else can. A knife in his hand makes skin part like water as he moves with a pure, bloody lethality. A gash across the neck brings an opponent to his knees and for a moment you see the thing that hides underneath that smiling mask. Effect: With Edged Weapons Vic deals aggravated damage instead of just lethal.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Moose is in.

Let it be known that I love my players.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Glee.

<3

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Moose

has Vic always tried to stay independent or has he been involved with gangs/cartels/mafia before?

if the latter is the case and he's ever operated in the L.A. area

it's possible that he and Hank would have crossed paths

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Vic is definitely not above throwing his hat in the ring with some organized crimers for the cash. Of course, he would act as more of a hired agent than an actual member.

So it is definitely possible that they met at some point. Which is an idea I like.

I wonder what Hank remembers about him?

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Probably Hank remembers him as one of those quiet wierdo-type murderers who the higher-ups get occasionally to do assassin work rather than the more direct stuff that Hank was used for.

He and the other thugs would have a nickname like "The Ghost" or something for a dude like that. He shows up, he takes an envelope, he's gone. A few days later a stoolie who's turned states and was under some serious government protection dies from a shocking number of meat cleaver hits before he can get to the witness stand. Cops have no idea what happened.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I like it.

Vic tries to stay away from being a paid assassin, but the pay is amazing and he is just too damn good at it. Plus it is easy for him to rationalize that he is killing bad people.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I can imagine the lower ranks having a lot of exaggerated stories about Vic.

"One time this guy wakes up and he's got stitches all over him. He panics, gets up and takes three steps - dead. The Ghost took out the guy's kidneys and liver in his sleep, wrapped 'em in newspaper and sent 'em to that butcher shop on Fletcher that Moreno owns. Everybody knew that Kique called it in but nobody saw it and nobody talked. That shit's fucked up, man."

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    "Fuckin' Jose you ain't gonna believe this one. You remember Marco? That dumb runner with the tatoo of a bird on 'em? Well, apparently he fucked up and they sent the Ghost after him. Everyone knows that fucker will get you the second you are alone, so he tries to play it smart and always stays around people. He keeps to places that are busy, you know airports, subway stations, that sorta shit. So he gets on this one train, totally packed with people, we are talking fucking shoulder to shoulder. Right before the door closes he feels this fuckin' pain in his thigh. Fuckin' ghost slit that bigass vein in your leg without him even knowing who it was. He bled out standing up in that crowd of people. They didn't even realize till they all moved and he fell over."

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    well if you were the type of person to follow media that followed news in california, or about the death penalty

hank has a face that's hard to forget

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm also thinking Dan has got a few pretty crazy calls that are very supernatural...Not sure if others have noticed or not...

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think we are just about done chit-chatting. We are down to awkward one lines and kinda depression tones. Is there anything else we want to ask the TF:V guy?

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yeah it's just banter now

let's do this

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    also i found another perlman picture i like

alien-resurrection.jpg

oh ron

<3

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Still my favorite because I guarantee this face shows up in every horror game.

109d.jpg

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yes.

cj.

how do you feel about your character being winona ryder.

so many more uses for that picture.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nah, too homey. Close though.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    But you get to be involved in half human/half alien on robot cyborg lesbian tension.
    ALIEN_RESURRECTION_DISC1-7.jpg

This has now become the Moosehat presents the Alien Resurrection Appreciation thread.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I love the French trailer for Amelie just because it name-drops that film.

From the director of classic films Delicatessen and Alien Resurrection

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    RON PERLMAN

there is enough Ron Perlman to appreciate in there there to last for ten movies

you can just watch each of his scenes repeatedly until the time is up

then call it good

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    How can you not appreciate black guy with guns in his arms?
    Alien-Resurrection-Movie-Sleeve-Gun.jpg

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    an excellent point

i also like the parts where he and Johner watch the shopping channel that sells guns and knives

"man this is a really good show"

maybe the things i like about this movie have nothing at all to do with the story or sigourney weaver

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I have decided to just get us moving to the first mission rather than keeping you trapped in the hellish limbo that is a PbP prologue.

EDIT:Also, use democracy to pick four dots worth of Advanced Armory.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I wonder if we could get the reality erasing gun that caused psychological backlash from the other hunter game...

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, no, but you can get a lightning cannon for only four dots.

Of course, you'll need to make sure that nobody's watching, ready to upload that shit to YouTube.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The core. It's TFV's Endowment.

Edith Upwards on