As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten / Persona Discussion] Devil Survivor 2 hits the DS, surprising... everyone.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    The romantic path for Naoto is super creepy and not good at all.

What would you call the Music Club girl's path, then? Super-duper creepy?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If it's shipping time, here's how it goes.

P1:
    Main + Maki (I would say Ayase, but her PSP ending says otherwise)

P2:
    Tatsuya + Maya (the age difference isn't that drastic!)

P3:
    Minato + Elizabeth

P4:
    Main + Yukiko (Possibly Rise)

Uh, Raidou... I'm gonna say + Nagi.

The core games are easy. Not touching DDS.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    "Chie, do you know any other words that start with F?" "Fsteak." "Excellent."

Satanic Jesus on
    my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The romantic path for Naoto is super creepy and not good at all.

What would you call the Music Club girl's path, then? Super-duper creepy?
    That one's only creepy because of the character design. Naoto's is creepy because first you tell her to completely change her personality and be "girlier" so that she's fuckable, and then she builds you a stalker watch so she can tell where you are every second of every day. It's just fucked up in every respect.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Naoto winds up with Kanji, so it's not a possibility anyway.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No she doesn't?

It...it's left very open. You do know your fanfics aren't canon right, cj? :P

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm with Cj on this.

It is canon and anyone who disagrees is a bad person who kicks puppies.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No she doesn't?

It's called shipping for a reason. :P

I've never read any P4 fanfics. I value my sanity too highly.

Heck, P3's radio dramas are fanfictiony enough.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm with Cj on this.

It is canon and anyone who disagrees is a bad person who kicks puppies.

Ooh, I LOVE kicking puppies!

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    No she doesn't?

It's called shipping for a reason. :P

I've never read any P4 fanfics. I value my sanity too highly.

Heck, P3's radio dramas are fanfictiony enough.
    Man, you should hear Persona 2's...

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    TeyarTeyar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nnn. I still like my Shadow Teddie = Nyarl fucking around with you theory.
    Namatame is still really WTF, though. I mean... Man.

Teyar on
    Kick At The Darkness Until It Bleeds Daylight
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ...surely the eye stuff is more important than shipping? D:

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The eye thing is just an overexaggerated glitch.

I hope.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    YOSUKE'S EYE IS WATCHING YOU POOP

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also, I posted this in the last thread, but in case anyone missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxWvAFix_y0&feature=related

Trinity Soul, awful though it is, has a great OST. I like that song more with each listen.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know...something I've been meaning to ask because I'm not sure.

But can persona in P3 and P4 interact with the real world?

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

No. in P3, Personas can only be summoned during the Dark Hour. In P4, they can only be used in the TV world.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    SkyEyeSkyEye Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Teyar wrote: »
    Nnn. I still like my Shadow Teddie = Nyarl fucking around with you theory.
    Namatame is still really WTF, though. I mean... Man.
    I thought it was established that stuff happens in the TV world because of people's expectations, and that shit with Namatame happened because everyone wanted him to be the killer.

SkyEye on
    Steam: Autumn_Thunder - SC2: AutumnThundr.563 (NA) - Hearthstone: AutumnThundr.1383

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

No. in P3, Personas can only be summoned during the Dark Hour. In P4, they can only be used in the TV world.
    Well... there was... what was her name...?
    That red-haired goth girl Junpei got a crush on. Her Persona came out during the day. And tried to murder her.

So I don't know if what you're saying is definitely true.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    There's also The Answer, where the Dark Hour kind of doesn't exist anymore, yet no one has problems using Personas.

As for P4, the party apparently can't use theirs outside of the TV world (Rise has a line about not being able detecting people in the real world), but Atlus didn't bother explaining why, and I'm drawing blanks myself.
    The eye thing is just an overexaggerated glitch.

I hope.
    In a game about finding answers? I highly doubt it... :?

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's one of those things that's best not explained.

When Atlus tries to explain why the Persona universe works the way it does, it usually sounds flat-out retarded. A simple "Who the fuck knows? It's all paranormal and shit!" would have sufficed. Sometimes explaining things just makes them less believable, or can make a cool concept seem downright stupid. Personae, Evokers, Tartarus and the world inside the TV are all good examples.

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    no seriously what the fuck is that eye

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That's what I hope to find out. :wink:

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Whoa whoa whoa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4FCVGR6mpQ&feature=related

When did Imagine add that? O_o Niiiice.

It's a remix of SMT1's boss music!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Souji can use it in the real world, at least. He can heal himself outside the TV World. Rise may not be able to detect people in the real world because there's just too many people.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think I liked Persona 3 better on my first playthrough, when I didn't give a shit about requests.

Seriously, I can play for an hour and never fight the enemy I'm looking for, even though I'm on the right floors. I will, however, fight the "rare" enemies at least a few times. :x

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yep, I just logged into Imagine to confirm; the battle and boss themes are remixes of SMT1's music now.

A step in the right direction.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, only took 40 minutes for me to lose interest in Imagine again. :lol:

I still like the environments if nothing else.

Anyway, on a lighter note.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lExGd95dVtw&NR=1

Some fan's working on an SMT concept album. It's interesting stuff, has a very Nocturne vibe to it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TeyarTeyar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I got the impression that one of the things in play acrost both P3 and P4 was trying to extend the magic INTO the real world. Sure, for the purposes of eldritch abomination themed apocalypse, but still. The fog and Ryouji and Teddie growing a body are definitely examples of the supernatural stretching into reality, at the least.

Teyar on
    Kick At The Darkness Until It Bleeds Daylight
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hahaha goddamn the final boss of Persona 1 is tedious and boring. Just recorded the fight, finally, and it is almost twelve minutes of me doing the exact same thing every round.

Never took a single point of damage, either.

Think I may rerecord it not using the magic reflect spell and see how that goes. :lol:

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    ShaggyShaggy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Souji can use it in the real world, at least. He can heal himself outside the TV World. Rise may not be able to detect people in the real world because there's just too many people.

Serious spoilers about possible P3 ending
    If you decide to kill Ryoji, the MC pulls out his Evoker to do it I believe. I can't remember exactly what happens but I definitely recall him about to summon a Persona. I don't think this scene takes place during the Dark Hour.

Shaggy on
  • Options
    Lezard ValethLezard Valeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Shaggy wrote: »

Serious spoilers about possible P3 ending
    If you decide to kill Ryoji, the MC pulls out his Evoker to do it I believe. I can't remember exactly what happens but I definitely recall him about to summon a Persona. I don't think this scene takes place during the Dark Hour.

Maybe the Dark Hour allow the existence of personae regardless the hour they´re summoned

For, P4, you can say (SPOILER) "an
    izanami
    did it"

Lezard Valeth on
    firma1m.th.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lExGd95dVtw&NR=1

Some fan's working on an SMT concept album. It's interesting stuff, has a very Nocturne vibe to it.
    Just checked that stuff out. It really is close to Meguro's style, though "Back to Reality" reminds me more of Xenosaga Ep. II's music, except this is actually good.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    But Xenosaga II's music is the only good thing about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_DU_bxJ_Fg&feature=related

It's mind blowing that someone who isn't Yasunori Mitsuda outclassed him so thoroughly.

Agreed; Back to Reality is my favorite song he did.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

It's mind blowing that someone who isn't Yasunori Mitsuda outclassed him so thoroughly.

Just going to bring up again for the first time in a while that every piece of music in XS2 is superior to XS1's, because XS1 has no goddamn music. It has 6 tracks that don't even loop endlessly because 90% of the time it's complete silence. All you hear are your footsteps.

Also that new Imagine music is pretty sweet. I always liked the SMT1 boss song.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Half the reason I bought the game was because of Yasunori Mitsuda + London Philharmonic. You can imagine my disappointment.

(The other half was because of Shion and how much I loved Xenogears, roughly 25/25.)

Also, Imagine's battle music is changed too. It's now SMT2's battle music, remixed.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Half the reason I bought the game was because of Yasunori Mitsuda + London Philharmonic. You can imagine my disappointment.

(The other half was because of Shion and how much I loved Xenogears, roughly 25/25.)

I refuse to believe they even used the London Philharmonic. Nobody in their right mind would pay to get them and then never play any music in the game. No company could be that foolish. Oh wait, it was Namco, the owners of the Tales series. My apologies, I forgot the strides they've taken to prove themselves the most foolish game company in existence.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I can believe it for Xenosaga II and III, since those games actually have music.
    (Except they wrecked Shion's design, so win some/lose some.)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Will the same "Max all S. Links In One Playthrough" strategy as FES work on P3P's male side?

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Since this is supposed to be a MegaTen thread, I'll call your XSII and raise you an Innocent Sin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr4NvMeHbmc

I know it's not the patched one, but this is the best quality version I could find, and the music is all you should care about anyway. :wink:

The Anonymous on