As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NY/NJ] forumer hangouts and temporary Bogart marriage thread

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I will have my Fluxx deck also. I know some geese out there think it is lame but those geese are lame geese.

What is Fluxx? Should I be worried?

To the google machine!

Edit: Oh, so it's like Magic but with a predefined deck that everyone plays with. I am fine with this. I will also want to play!

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    have a good time y'all!

Casual Eddy on
  • tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I will have my Fluxx deck also. I know some geese out there think it is lame but those geese are lame geese.

What is Fluxx? Should I be worried?

To the google machine!

Edit: Oh, so it's like Magic but with a predefined deck that everyone plays with. I am fine with this. I will also want to play!
    more like Uno where everyone plays from the same deck but yeah, i think it is fun.

tapeslinger on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll bring my laptop for kicks but I doubt it can play SC2.

Zek on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2010
    Hrmm... I suck at starcraft, so I will bail onnthat part.... Fluxx sounds interesting.

I'll bring more booze.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    edited August 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Hrmm... I suck at starcraft, so I will bail onnthat part.... Fluxx sounds interesting.

I'll bring more booze.

I suck at it too! Variable will kick all of our asses!

Edit: Wait, is variable coming to this one?

Spawnbroker on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    syndalis wrote: »

I'll bring more booze.

I suck at it too! Variable will kick all of our asses!

Edit: Wait, is variable coming to this one?

Yeah, but he's showing up late since he has to work.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm not definitely gonna bring my laptop, gonna depend when I get out of work and shiiiit. also if I start playing sc2 it's possible I won't speak another word the rest of the night and that's no fun.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited August 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    I'm not definitely gonna bring my laptop, gonna depend when I get out of work and shiiiit. also if I start playing sc2 it's possible I won't speak another word the rest of the night and that's no fun.

From what I remember, you don't speak much as it is. We'll have to remedy this.

Edit: I speak enough for the both of us anyways.

Spawnbroker on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm presently sitting in Yami's condo.

JustinSane07 on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    justin in 14 hours: i just... i just want you to know, i didn't cry

Organichu on
    edited August 2010
    I brought a gun.

JustinSane07 on
  • HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hey, you guys?

You guys suck.

I will sow discord in your midst.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I suddenly feel discorded for some unknown reason.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited August 2010
    Hey yami, got AIM?

add EDIT: Never mind i'll text it to you to your buddy list and let's vid chat from the apple store :P

Maybe give justin a rage stroke for using such inferior electronic equipment

Hakkekage on
    edited August 2010
    I have AIM.

JustinSane07 on
    edited August 2010
    okay I PMed him but I don't know if it will work

Hakkekage on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2010
    Of course, the Mac guy had to fix Justin's crappy laptop so that we could all chat with Hakks.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited August 2010
    Fuck you. It was just skype settings. My laptop is fine. Skype is for queers like Macs.

JustinSane07 on
    edited August 2010
    Goddammit you guys, say fuck you to each other in person YOU'RE IN THE SAME ROOM

Hakkekage on
    edited August 2010
    WE DID.

Also.

I set up a LiveStream

http://www.livestream.com/yamisparty

Edit: 1am update, stream is off due to vomiting.

JustinSane07 on
    edited August 2010
    If somebody could tell me how the toilet seat in the bathroom came to be cracked, I'd appreciate it.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited August 2010
    I did it. It was me.

Hakkekage on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man Yami, you had such noble intentions...

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited August 2010
    Where are the pictures!?

JustinSane07 on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey, this is kind of tangential, but my wife and I are visiting NYC for a few days in Sept (17-21). Apparently hotels in New York in September cost $TEXAS due to baseball or something. We found a pretty nice hostel run by people we kind of know, we can stay at, but they didn't have an opening on the 17th. Would any of you have a spare bedroom or foldout couch or something we could stay on for that night? We'd be willing to pay.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Try a hotel in an outer borough or in Newark. That should be a lot cheaper than Manhattan.

Deebaser on
    edited August 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Try a hotel in an outer borough or in Newark. That should be a lot cheaper than Manhattan.

This.

Open up a subway map and see where the nearest trains pass by on the borders, and look for hotels there. You still get the benefit of getting into the city quickly, but you can shave well over a hundred bucks off the cost of your room by taking the path train, or the 2/3/4/5 into Brooklyn or the Bronx.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jersey City has plenty of hotels right off the path trains

nexuscrawler on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    OK.

So.

This marriage thingy.

It's about two weeks away from my planned elopement, so I figured I'd revive this thread. I arrive in NYC on Monday the 11th October. We'll be aiming to apply for a marriage license on the Tuesday, so we can rock up 24 hours later and get a slot on the Wednesday or Thursday. To reiterate my needs: a presentable human being over eighteen years of age with valid identification and a suit or dress that counts as having been in fashion this decade to act as a witness. Camera skills are a plus but not essential. Rice throwing and drinking duties can be handed out to those who are around but unpresentable to normal human society.

If you have a regular 9-to-5 job you probably won't want to volunteer, as we don't know the exact time of the ceremony and won't until we get the marriage license. If you're some scuzzy layabout student with nothing better to do this is tailor made for you! If you have a shower and strategically shave yourself so that you don't look like a filthy monkey any more, that is.

Rewards for the witness and/or someone able to wield a camera may include but are not limited to dinner somewhere nice, undying thanks, meeting me, maybe some dough if you have actual camera skills, a gift of some kind that hasn't been bought at a gas station, honorary knighthood (everybody over here can give them out).

So, let me know, and we'll swap phone numbers and so forth when definites peeps have been sorted out.

Bogart on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    btw, the 11th of october is Columbus day and is one of our most sacred american holidays. a lot of stuff is going to be closed.
    hooray federal holiday-day!

Dunadan019 on
    edited September 2010
    I fly in during the afternoon and we aren't planning on doing much that day anyway, so it's no biggie.

Bogart on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited September 2010
    I think in the interests of True Love and efficient communication we can temporarily repurpose and sticky this thread for a few weeks. Welcome to Bogart's Love Nest! Leave your shoes - and your inhibitions - at the door.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited September 2010
    Wait Jacob's a mod?

Edit: Also, WHERE ARE THE PICTURES FROM YAMI'S PLACE?!

JustinSane07 on
    edited September 2010
    WHERE ARE THE PICTURES FROM YAMI'S PLACE?!

Nexus ate them. He does that.

Spawnbroker on
    edited September 2010
    I can be very presentable and would be able to make that part of my day olen as I am self employed.

Maybe a few of us new yorkers can show up...

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited September 2010
    Dammit, a weekday? I can't :(

Hakkekage on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    if it is a wednesday or thursday I can be there

I need to check that my suit is in good shape

technically speaking I can take crummy digital pictures or record it with my camera but I have no skill whatsoever. I'd be happy to do either if no one else can though.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
    edited September 2010
    Alyce and I can probably make it, since I don't have classes that day and hers only go until noon. Alyce is also a very skilled photographer, since you mentioned you need one for this. I have a suit, if you still need a witness.

Spawnbroker on
    edited September 2010
    If Alyce is an actual skilled photographer then obviously we would recompense her for her time and skill suitably, Spawn.

Hakks, the ceremony will be on a weekday, but the drinking and so forth will probably be going on for a bit afterwards.

Syndalis and Vari - great stuff, guys.

Bogart on