As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Team GMT Present to you the Third Annual [Phalla]Awards! (OP Updated Again!)

• Options
    Minor SecondMinor Second Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    samurainumbers

Those proboard posts from lastfm. phalla were exquisite

Minor Second on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am proud to have played party to the mafia machiavellian proboards antics.

Also, people should check out how that game ended just before the final vote close, it was pretty epic and coordinated.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »

Sooo tempted to nom lonelyahava now.

yay!!

I mean..umm

for what?

crab2.jpg&t=1

Egos on
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A vote for INNS for Blackest Night phalla.

And of course, Kime is always evil. Except in Hyperion phalla, where he probably spent the entire first day laughing his ass off.

Man in the Mists on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    !Samurai####

and

!Dunadumb is Always Dumb

Silly kime, no award for you!

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think I'll plum Alegis, who's been evil in nearly every game I've played.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    There is only one reasonable choice for the plum vote:
    The Cow King is always a guard

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    Right here.

The best part? That's your post after you edited it. :P

I edited it because I misspelled something. But I still stand by that one. Kay was rude for no reason and basically told me "don't try to play in this Phalla. Just sit back and sheep." Sorry, but I've never told someone that the key to winning a Phalla is to not play and let me do all the work like Kay did. That "outburst" was for a good reason. The last.fm phalla was me pissed off that I knew how to get the wagon off me but was stuck at work with no way to post. So I didn't get any help to get the wagon off me and I died. I was pissed as I felt (and saw that I was wrong once I calmed down) that someone in my group could have saved me without risking it. I was revealed as mafia 3 days before and was single handily saving my own skin each day. I was mad because when I needed help, I was left to die by my teammates. Sure, it would have been risky to save me, but I thought we could have ended that game the next night if I didn't die.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So both the plum and green votes are for nominations for voting tomorrow, right?

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    kime wrote: »
    I hear a voice it the distance

It calls...

I RETURN

Addition:

Also, I might as well spin kime a PM so he doesn't miss getting his award.

Unnecessary. kime hears all, you cannot hide

By the way, when are the next sign-ups going up?

Oh hey. It's Kime!

Zandracon on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So both the plum and green votes are for nominations for voting tomorrow, right?
    Historically, green votes are nominations for a real vote (in red) the next day, other off-color votes are directly for the winner that day.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I edited it because I misspelled something. But I still stand by that one. Kay was rude for no reason and basically told me "don't try to play in this Phalla. Just sit back and sheep." Sorry, but I've never told someone that the key to winning a Phalla is to not play and let me do all the work like Kay did. That "outburst" was for a good reason.

Oh, sure, I can see where your coming from - but, really, it's these three line that propel your post in that thread from 'standard exchange of flames' to 'I would like to thank the academy...'
    Be glad that I'm not going to be an asshole and out everyone of you in thread.
    I'm withdrawing because I'll be damned if I'm going to take that from you.
    I rather work with Arivia than you.

That's the sort of talk that makes me want to ensure that you get included in every mafia from now until the end of Phalla to tickle the unintentional funny bone in me.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hey Kay, am I right in thinking that your comments that led to sami's second outburst were in some way inspired by the way that sami acted in his first outburst (in last.fm mini?).

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Clip quote because I like to.

I should work on my speech now.

[tiny]Thank you, Phalla Players. I'm truly touched. I am. First I'd like to thank...[/tiny]

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    There is only one reasonable choice for the plum vote:
    The Cow King is always a guard

:(

Samurai#'s!

Yaaa

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    INNS is the funniest. I think from an outsiders point of view.

Dunadan doesn't like to share his logic :)
    I actually take a more positive outlook and say that his 2 out of 6 or whatever he usually gets isn't horrible and points such a target on himself that it usually clears him as "not-mafia"; sadly he rarely shares reasons for suspects - which could potentially help if another person has lingering doubts about someone he names but nothing concrete to back it up.

Granted I thinks he improved lately in terms of explaining his logic, but I haven't played much recently. I just remember seeing a game (a month or two back) where I was pleasantly surprised to see him explain his reasons.

Egos on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    Dunadan doesn't like to share his logic :)

Finally, a Plum vote I can get behind!

Dunadan doesn't like to share his logic.
    Really, when he does explain it, it normally makes sense, but it's just presented really abrasively

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, there was that one time Zandy gave us a Critical (IRC dicebot) generated Dunadan style list and it was more accurate than the list the Duna himself provided.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Duna for angry lists that make no sense! And verbally abusing his own guards!

I know I've plum voted too many times, but there are so many good choices.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    ...Y'know, I think I'll join team Dunadan does silly things, if for no other reason than shipwrecking the Super Star Destroyer.

His flying sent our insurance through the roof.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ...Y'know, I think I'll join team Dunadan does silly things, if for no other reason than shipwrecking the Super Star Destroyer.

His flying sent our insurance through the roof.

i thought he died day 1 before he had a chance to do anything?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, first he moved the ship into point-blank range with the Labius, then he almost immediately doubled-down on insisting that votes should be cast when most of the village had decided against voting (casting suspicion on himself that got him bandwagon'd & airlocked, leaving his ship unable to move away from the Labius and it's dangerous Cutter Beams).

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zandy will always vote just before vote close. And if he speaks in complete sentences often, he's special

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zandy will always vote just before vote close. And if he speaks in complete sentences often, he's special

This, so very much voting for Zandy.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    How about Zandy is a rogue AI secretly located in a lone EVA pachinko machine in Akihabara?

Egos on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How about nobody knows anything about Zandy, so therefore we come up with fascinating theories about him, none of which will ever be proven right, but constantly become more and more fantastical and therefore more and more plausible as time goes on?

Also, I do not understand the giant crab picture....

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    the turning evil against your will thing in Edcrab's game . I was trying to be subtle ;-)

I don't think Wild is quite over that, despite that it didn't really hurt anyone.

Egos on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Okay, so looking through the games I played in during the past (my first) year:

Gumpy for being the Mouthpiece for the Mafia in Kill Dr. Lucky - Relevant Post

Ringo EPIC REVEALS an hour before vote close due to not accounting for DST adjustments on the second to last day in Dissidia - Relevant Page. The original reveal post was deleted, but sadly still seen, so I reposted it halfway down the page. Imma nominate it for the Epic Reveal Category too!

Simonwolf Murders All Six of Our Seers in Dissidia - You'd have to read the whole game to truly experience the awfulness, but here's Rawkking with the Relevant Post. Fun fact - Simon was also the Network Head!

I'll Second Teucrian's inability to read in Musical Chairs Phalla

JaysonFour for being the loudest and wrongest villager ever in Vanilla Phalla - Relevant Post in his own words. The best part was when he informed us all of how suspicious he was of Romanqwerty. The seer mouthpiece who had just died green the night before.

Annnnd... Maximus is Always Inactive

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Did you just say I was the mouthpiece of the mafia while linking to a post of me saying he was just using my name and I had no actual involvement

Whoops.jpg

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You were alive the whole time Rawkking was directing "Team Gumpy" in the systematic murder of villagers. If you didn't want to take the blame for it, don't be the public face of your own soft network!

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    But I'm the public face for everything

I have my own brands don't ya know

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That's what made it hilarious

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    then he almost immediately doubled-down on insisting that votes should be cast when most of the village had decided against voting

No, he was correct in maintaining the vote because there were several votes already placed and it was late in the day. Can't rely on every villager to have successfully withdrawn their vote and the plan would fail if even 1 failed to check the thread and withdraw vote before closing time. Not to mention when you do silly vote stuff like trying to tie the vote right before deadline or withdraw votes the risk for mafia vote control is higher.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    No, he was correct...

The drifting wreckage of an exploded Super Star Destroyer hotly disagrees with you. :P

Alright, I'll grant you that maybe his argument was correct, but doubling down and getting the wagon on himself when he could've easily got out from under it by taking back his own vote and flying his ship into point-blank range where it could do the least good was not a great plan.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    then he almost immediately doubled-down on insisting that votes should be cast when most of the village had decided against voting

No, he was correct in maintaining the vote because there were several votes already placed and it was late in the day. Can't rely on every villager to have successfully withdrawn their vote and the plan would fail if even 1 failed to check the thread and withdraw vote before closing time. Not to mention when you do silly vote stuff like trying to tie the vote right before deadline or withdraw votes the risk for mafia vote control is higher.

But Day 2: "Let's tie the vote" worked so well...

JaysonFour was... interesting... to read in the vanilla phalla.

Megatin on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    daniant wrote: »

Rawkking
    Daniant
    Gumpy
    Phyphor

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thinking back, I might have been able to use my tractor beam command to move the SSD out of range of that ship and into range of the carrier instead. Of course, I was incap by that point.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This discussion of Ender's space phalla makes me wonder when we're going to vote on "Most batshit crazy phalla that is incredibly confusing and inexplicably fun" award.

Teucrian on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    At least Burnage has an opponent for that one this year!

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    daniant wrote: »

Rawkking
    Daniant
    Gumpy
    Phyphor

Anybody got a vote count on plum for last minute mafia shenanigans? Don't want duna biting the vote : (

Rawkking Goodguy on