As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Team GMT Present to you the Third Annual [Phalla]Awards! (OP Updated Again!)

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    El Skid wrote: »

I was so sad when I died in that game. Such an overpowered role, and I was wiped out on the cusp of victory :(

You do know one of these games Burnage will give me the ability to one again castrate a man....You're first on the chopping block :mrgreen:

Egos on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Night 1 - Getting off to a normal start.

There was a lot of fussing behind stage. An audience like this required something special, a group consisting of those behind the rise of empires and the death of sovereigns, those who had created alliances between sea and flame, who had conjured treachery in the heart of dearest brothers. The Robotic Phallite known as Gumpy - The Steel Champion trundled into view. This was the opportunity of a lifetime, and it wasn't going to go to waste.

"And that's when I said to her I did, that's no miller! That's me' wife!"

Hot damn what an Icebreaker, making everyone feel more at ease already. Looking across the floor he could see Phallites from across the furthest reaches. Good, good, nice to have an attendance like this. Gotta make sure everyone remains friendly, make sure it doesn't get too personal out there. If you're going to ruin each others best laid plans on countless occasions, good to know they won't grudge you for it. Little smirk, almost convinced himself for a second. Ah well, what can a Robot do? Ah, the vote counts finished! Better get on with this.

"I'd like to thank everyone for coming yadda yadda you know the drill, going to cut to the chase here. It seems like nominations have closed for best meltdown and opened for most veteran play by a new player! Gotta keep an eye out on those newbies, so full of hope, might go do something reckless and really rock the boat. Seen a few of those in my time... Anyway, get nominating! We also have the first bonus award already won! I'd like to call up Dunadan - The Mysterious List Maker now, give him his prize!

Hands were shaken, congratulations exchanged. Going fantastically well, no disasters yet!

Gumpy didn't even notice the shadows in the audience.

Dunadan wins Most Typecast Player (Always Evil, Always Watching Award)

Gumpy wins Most Robotic Biceps (Steel Python award)

Vote in Red for the winner of Most Hilarious Single Blunder or Meltdown by a Player or Team in a Single Game (All according to plan Award)
    Simonwolf murders all six of our seers in dissidia phalla
    lonelyahava giving the mafia away when they converted her in Phallakinetic
    JaysonFour for being the loudest and wrongest villager ever in Vanilla Phalla With a Relevant Post!
    extermatott for asking a villager for advice, and supplying the entire mafia role PM while he did so in Spectrum Phalla
    INNS for having the Blackest night phalla in the bag then throwing it all away
    samurai for his performance on the mafia boards in arivia's last.fm mini

Vote in Lime to nominate for Most Veteran Play by a New Player (Baby with a shotgun award)

Vote in Plum for the bonus award: Most Mentally Disturbing Narration or Post

Gumpy on
    edited August 2010
    INNS

and I don't know if this is the best example but I'll go with Rawkking Goodguy for winning the love of Gumpy in Dr. Lucky

Phyphor was pretty good in Amnesia Game as well...

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    can we nominate two? no right?

Egos on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd prefer if there was one nomination per dude

Else we'll end up with like 20 and that's silly

Also technically Rawking won my love in the first Phallakinetic and used the windfall from that to do Dr. Lucky

Gumpy on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So many great nominations, but I still think samurai really deserves this one.

Hm. I don't know about the lime nomination, but for the plum one, reading through Phalla wiki found me this gem:
    being hounded for making a mistake for which I've been warned and apologized profusely?

yes. i call that persecution. not quite up there with the holocaust but damnably close.

I can't find the Ultima Phalla in the old games list, though, so I'm not sure if that quote was made in time to qualify for the current award.

EDIT: NvM, the wiki page links right to it.

thisisntwally for way of left field Godwin.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    edited August 2010
    hmm I'll retract RG, since I know he'll get a nom
    and nominate Phyphor for essentially figuring out roman's insane number scheme/mechanic in the Amnesia Room during his first game.

Egos on
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    and nominate Phyphor for essentially figuring out roman's insane number scheme/mechanic in the Amnesia Room during his first game.

I was coming in to make this very nomination but I guess I can second it instead. Phyphor played an outstanding game in that phalla.

Interestingly, I wonder if being new helped him be successful, since the game was so unorthodox. He hadn't formed any bad habits or assumptions about how games get played.

Teucrian on
    edited August 2010
    So few of us paying attention was worried he wouldn't get nominated xD

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    I have to say the degree to which OS pursued revenge against Mr. D is rather disturbing.

Other examples I can think of are just funny eccentric. E.g. Gumpy persona-ing it up with a fake gun, ronrab going all Descartes, drunk Rivs, Burnage's explicit narrations in Steampunk.

Egos on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Also technically Rawking won my love in the first Phallakinetic and used the windfall from that to do Dr. Lucky

:(

Guuuummmpppyyyyyy

And simonqolf

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DAIUS' SUPER SECRET BONUS AWARD FUN TIME

Wowsers.

I'm abusing my position on the hosting panel and have created my own set of bonus awards. Much like the other bonus awards, there will not be nominations, but rather a straight vote.

Today's award is...

The "You're not fooling anyone, you know" Award for the most Obvious Mafia Play by any Player in a Mini or Main.

Vote in Black for who you want to see win this...auspicious award.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Daius for creating SECRET AWARDS LOL.

adventfalls on
    NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Daius wrote: »

Wowsers.

I'm abusing my position on the hosting panel and have created my own set of bonus awards. Much like the other bonus awards, there will not be nominations, but rather a straight vote.

Today's award is...

The "You're not fooling anyone, you know" Award for the most Obvious Mafia Play by any Player in a Mini or Main.

That's easy.

Half of the mafia in Phalla All-Stars, which led to something like 5 nights of mafia getting voted out.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Wowsers.

Today's award is...

they're all obvious... how am I supposed to pick?

Dunadan019 on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Wowsers.

Today's award is...

they're all obvious... how am I supposed to pick?
    Maybe you should make a list.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Daius for creating secret awards.

Burnage on
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    jdarksun for outing all the mafia on Day 1 in Nethack phalla.

The Anonymous on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Blarney in whatever that last main was.....

obvious blarney is obvious

lonelyahava on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Egos wrote: »

Seconding this

romanqwerty on
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have no idea about the green vote, and I'll have to think about the black vote but I definitely have the plum vote down:

Arivia for this http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=14203918&postcount=6071

I was disturbed. Potentially others were turned on.

Also, INNS.

daniant on
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    daniant wrote: »
    I have no idea about the green vote, and I'll have to think about the black vote but I definitely have the plum vote down:

Arivia for this http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=14203918&postcount=6071

I was disturbed. Potentially others were turned on.

Also, INNS.

I'll be in my bunk...

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    INNS. Seems like the fairest vote up there, possibly tied with simonwolf.

Lucedes on
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gotta give it to Simonwolf on this one, though need to look back through some games for the other votes. I think lots of us get honorary mentions in Daius' bonus award.

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Simon is evil. And horrible.

and i was one of the seers. that he had killed. cause i was working.

lonelyahava on
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    extermatott still gets my vote.

The Anonymous on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ahava. That meltdown was pretty messed, even if there was a lounge apology later.

Is RG actually new enough for this? Huh.

I really want to spite vote a couple of the mafia from Persona for the black, but considering you terribles didn't actually manage to kill them when they were that obvious, I can't.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »

He would be if any of his earlier games applied. Since it looks like he started in August of last year.

Deus Ex, Aslyum, Marvel, Phalla of the Dead, Phallanx, and Phallakinetic are his first I believe...based on my search O_O

Egos on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ahava in Phallakinetic cause I was the one to convert her >D

<3

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
    edited August 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »

Yeah, I technically haven't played any games before the last phallawards, IIRC.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pigeonking for convincing the remaining Phallanx villagers to vote for the inactive player instead of him, the last remaining mafia. He won the game.

Which was what made the terrible conclusion to Redemption possible, so pigeonking holds a special place in my heart.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited August 2010
    Ringo wrote: »
    Pigeonking for convincing the remaining Phallanx villagers to vote for the inactive player instead of him, the last remaining mafia. He won the game.

Which was what made the terrible conclusion to Redemption possible, so pigeonking holds a special place in my heart.

I have been (allegedly) grudging pigeonking for this for quite some time, so seconded! : )

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited August 2010
    Oh god I facepalmed when that happened. I remember who I was mentoring was previously under scrutiny than I told them they had it. And bam I wake up or came back and "oh pigeonking and i are cool now"

x(

"YOU HAD HIM!"

My sadness. Because it was like being proud and then NOOOO :(

Egos on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh and I'm pretty sure it was Burnage who did the opening "Pie vs Cake Phalla" narration during lastfm2 - the unhostening

If it wasn't, somebody should find out who it was so I can vote for them.

The Anonymous for the obvious

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited August 2010
    Ringo wrote: »

The Anonymousfor the obvious

sidenote there should be a funniest exchange between an relatively older player and a younger one.

Where a meltdown ensues due the authority of the former accusing the other one who is usually innocent but overreacts due the aforementioned authority. Two stick out in my mind. Anonymous and Infidel in All Stars. And Spectre (+Eri to some extent) and myself in Persona.

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    Not to seem ungrateful for the love, but really, the category is 'hilarious/funny meltdowns'

there was nothing hilarious or funny about my meltdown. that was just.... insanity, horrible, and just plain bad.

But, it is what it is.

lonelyahava on
  • daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh, right, I remember The Anonymous.

Is it ridiculous that I am too noob to green vote anyone? I just don't knooooooow.

daniant on
    edited August 2010
    there was nothing hilarious or funny about my meltdown..

its funny if they have no soul :mrgreen:

INNS is funny because he so nonchalant about it.

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    oh, green vote.

Alegis, for having one of the best roles in Scriptures, and using that to take out a mafia member all on his own.

He had the role of Job, who was God's favourite. As such, Alegis started the game with a Kill, a Seer, and a Guard, and I think a +1 vote manip. But once he used one of them, he lost that ability. One night, he Seered Rawkking, who was mafia, and the next night, since the network head wasn't being helpful or receptive at all to Alegis's statements, Alegis took out Rawkking. All on his own. So proud!

lonelyahava on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Not to seem ungrateful for the love, but really, the category is 'hilarious/funny meltdowns'

there was nothing hilarious or funny about my meltdown. that was just.... insanity, horrible, and just plain bad.

But, it is what it is.

"Most Hilarious Single Blunder or Meltdown by a Player or Team in a Single Game"

Lying about host info to get a bandwagon off you?

Suspicious.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png