As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Spider-Man 3 Discussion Thread

• HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh yeah, kids. Damn kids...

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think this movie needed a subtitle.

Spiderman 3
    Mary Jane Won't Shut the Fuck Up.

Mr Pink on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Mr Pink wrote: »

Spiderman 3

I already knew that from the fucking line in the trailer about forgiveness. ABC.

Fencingsax on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    What I would have loved? A reverse of the bridge scene (she doesn't have to die, maybe a coma or something. No matter what it would completely fuck with the audience, especially sonsidering the first movie), and then Spidey gets with Gwen.

Agreed. Either that or a bit more development with Gwen Stacy and then her actually getting her neck snapped when he saved her.

Goddamn, I hate Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane so much, I wish they would have killed her.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2007

Spiderman 3

I already knew that from the fucking line in the trailer about forgiveness. ABC.

"So your best friend is trying to kill you and your uncle's killer is loose and turned into a monster? And you have an alien creature bonding itself to your body? But what about meeeeeeee?"

Mr Pink on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The wierd part about Topher Grace being Eddy Brock was that back when I was younger, with the animated show still fresh in my mind, I saw that 70s Show and thought this guy could totally be Peter Parker.

DouglasDanger on
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007

Spiderman 3

"So your best friend is trying to kill you and your uncle's killer is loose and turned into a monster? And you have an alien creature bonding itself to your body? But what about meeeeeeee?"

Could you imagine if Parker was written more like the Ultimate version. Peter would have been like "I TOLD YOU NOT TO DISOBEY ME!!! THE OSBORNES ARE CRAZY YOU WILL DIE!!!"

And then he would have broken up with her.

My favorite part of Ultimate Spider-Man. I am one of the few people that don't care about tradition that much when it comes to story. If Peter Parker dating Shadowcat makes more sense then that's the way it should be written.

I wish Ultimate Kaine would have given her Spider powers instead of big red monster powers.

graizur on
  • opieopie Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What do you think the possibility of having a Scorpion story line next movie that leads into another Venom story line is?

opie on
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    opie wrote: »
    What do you think the possibility of having a Scorpion story line next movie that leads into another Venom story line is?

Eh, the Scorpion storyline is a good possibility. I never thought I'd see the Sandman in a movie, but lo and behold, there he is. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to do someone that isn't million of grains of sand. It's more likely that the fourth movie will probably be all Venom, though. (At least, I think it is.)

Baroque And Roll on
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I don't care how bad any of the future Spider-men movies get, as long as some Sony executive gets the following idea :

"Hmm none of the original high cost stars are willing to come back to Spider-Man....wait! Bruce Campbell loves money and everyone always wanted to see more of him! MYSTERIO IS CAST!!"

I would also settle for Christopher Walken as Mysterio.

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    DraXXXen wrote: »
    I don't care how bad any of the future Spider-men movies get, as long as some Sony executive gets the following idea :

"Hmm none of the original high cost stars are willing to come back to Spider-Man....wait! Bruce Campbell loves money and everyone always wanted to see more of him! MYSTERIO IS CAST!!"

I would've like Walken as the Green Goblin, mostly because he would be saying his lines behind the mask, and everyone would be going "Who could that madman be?" and "What monster would do such a thing?" And everyone in the theater would laugh.

Fencingsax on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I would've like Walken as the Green Goblin, mostly because he would be saying his lines behind the mask, and everyone would be going "Who could that madman be?" and "What monster would do such a thing?" And everyone in the theater would laugh.

The best possible green goblin is Tommy Lee Jones.

Mai-Kero on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

The best possible green goblin is James Earl Jones.

Fixed.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • ZephonateZephonate Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    On the subject of Scorpion, I think the idea of Mac Gargan as the obsessive private eye trying to discover the connection between Parker and Spider-Man would make for the buildings of a very compelling villain. That being said, the villain of Scorpion himself is too similar in power to Doc Ock, just with one tentacle/tail/stinger-thing instead of four. The audience wouldn't find his costumed persona that interesting.

However, if indeed they pursue the idea that Brock is dead, they could always set up Gargan as being that detective, have him find the symbiote, and become the new Venom. Him and Spidey could fight most of the movie, then a piece of the symbiote breaks off to go form Carnage. Since that would happen towards the end, I think -as has been mentioned- Carnage would work very well in a small dose, similar to Venom did in 3, due to Carnage's insanity and predeliction to mass murder. somewhere in the midst of all this, they could throw in Connors entering in an experimental governemnt science program researching the ability to regrow limbs, something goes wrong, and voila! We have the Lizard. Spidey could fight him a couple times, then slowly make him remember who he is (as he has a habit of doing), then Liz could help in the final battle with Venom and Carnage, much like Harry did against Venom and Sandman. I know, it's three villains again, but given that plot structure, I think it could work.

And I am sick and tired of hearing everyone bitch about Kirsten Dunst. THERE ARE MANY MORE WORSE ACTRESSES OUT THERE, PEOPLE! I mean, would you rather have had Jessica Biel do it? "Oh, I'm a walking pair of tits with a nice ass that's 'okay' at acting, but has very little emotional range!" Or how 'bout Sarah Michel Gellar? That would've been for the fucking win. "I'm a snobby bitch with a nose that could sink the Titanic, I cock-teased my step brother in Cruel Intentions and was a filthy whore in Scooby-Doo!"

Kirsten Dunst may not be the best one out there for the role, but she isn't the worst either. And am I the only one here who could actually identify with her when Peter was being an ass?

"Oh I'm experiencing popularity for the first time, everyone loves me, I'm on top of the world, I won't shut up and put her before myself like my aunt said, I'm so caught up in the moment I'm only thinking about myself!" Jesus, am I the ONLY one who felt bad for MJ there? I mean I know Peter didn't do that shit on purpose, but how can you possibly think SHE was only thinking about herself?

Zephonate on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli's eyes. And what he saw was...himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."
    --John Ajvide Lindqvist, Let the Right One In (Page 446).
    edited May 2007
    Zephonate wrote: »
    'bout Sarah Michel Gellar? That would've been for the fucking win. "I'm a snobby bitch with a nose that could sink the Titanic, I cock-teased my step brother in Cruel Intentions and was a filthy whore in Scooby-Doo!"

To be fair to SMG, Daphne was a raging whore in the cartoons, so apparently she portrayed the part accurately.

Fencingsax on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    I mean, would you rather have had Jessica Biel do it? "Oh, I'm a walking pair of tits with a nice ass that's 'okay' at acting, but has very little emotional range!"

i can't tell how that's supposed to be a defense of kirsten dunst

shouldn't you be pointing out the ways they're different?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Scorpion is too similar to Doctor Octopus, so let's do Venom all over again?

And Kristen Dunst doesn't have tits or an ass, but that's beside the point.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited May 2007

are you kidding, she's racked the fuck up

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Servo wrote: »

This makes me think we saw different movies.

Honestly, I won't be truly happy until we get a Sinister Six movie. In the meantime, it'd be pretty cool if they had Spidey quickly handle some of his C-list foes, like Shocker or Spot or Rhino in the early parts of the movies. I'm pretty tired of seeing Spidey bag purse-snatchers and bank robbers in the early moments of the movies.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited May 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

man, what?

seriously, she has like giant boobs.

and a lazy eye

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

"Oh I'm experiencing popularity for the first time, everyone loves me, I'm on top of the world, I won't shut up and put her before myself like my aunt said, I'm so caught up in the moment I'm only thinking about myself!" Jesus, am I the ONLY one who felt bad for MJ there? I mean I know Peter didn't do that shit on purpose, but how can you possibly think SHE was only thinking about herself?

yup

i never especially liked dunst but she's not horrible. she fits the movie persona character though, but that might just be because i've seen her in three movies

Guek on
    edited May 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

man, what?

seriously, she has like giant boobs.

and a lazy eye

I wouldn't call them giant. They looked pretty normal sized.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited May 2007
    oh hey
    Despite the fact that we all pretty much saw her boobs in the first Spider-Man, Kirsten Dunst apparently had to make them look bigger for Spider-Man 3. She told The Sun that she had to wear a padded bra and that she had no problem doing so. She says she doesn't think it's sexist -- she actually "embraced" the bigger bosom -- and is fully aware that her character's chest is enhanced for the action figures.

i guess we're both right

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited May 2007

mjn1.jpg

Looks like a pretty good rack to me.

And on the point of Scorpion being too similar to Doc Ock, so why do Venom again...which would you rather see more of. Doc Ock, or Venom?

Zephonate on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "For a few seconds Oskar saw through Eli's eyes. And what he saw was...himself. Only much better, more handsome, stronger than what he thought of himself. Seen with love."
    edited May 2007
    i would kind of like it if a superhero movie made up a new villain

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited May 2007
    That's a gamble. Remember what they did with the MTV animated Spidey series? 3/4 of the villains were made from the show. Most of them were mediocre.

Zephonate on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    i would kind of like it if a superhero movie made up a new villain

They should have a guy that dresses up like a clown and thinks everything is a big joke and tries to kill people. The could call him "The Comedian" or something like that. It'd be awesome.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
    edited May 2007
    That's a gamble. Remember what they did with the MTV animated Spidey series? 3/4 of the villains were made from the show. Most of them were mediocre.

maybe, but my biggest problem with most superhero movies is that i already know what's going to happen. granted that's a personal thing, but goddamn if the first spider-man and x-men movies weren't just godawful boring to me, because i already knew all that shit. it was nice to see onscreen, but not what i would call gripping drama. that's why i liked spider-man 3 more than one or two, because i had no idea how it was all going to play out. i like new original stories better than straight adaptations.

i know this is just personal preference, but hey. it's how i feel, man

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    A Carnage-story of some sort in the next film would be interesting, although I do agree that it should never ever be Maximum Carnage. Ugh.

Ideally it should involve a team-up between Spidey and TOXIN TOXIN TOXIN TOXIN TOXIN TOXIN TOXINTOXINTOXIN to take out Carnage

SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    A Carnage-story of some sort in the next film would be interesting, although I do agree that it should never ever be Maximum Carnage. Ugh.

Ideally it should involve a team-up between Spidey and TOXIN TOXIN TOXIN TOXIN TOXIN TOXIN TOXINTOXINTOXIN to take out Carnage
    I reallyreallyreallyreally hate Carnage.

However I do love Toxin.

I really want them to go with The Lizard as the next movies villain, and all signs point that way.

Bruce Campbell as Mysterio is also very acceptable.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Kshah777Kshah777 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This may have been mentioned by now... don't have time to read through every page of post, but has anyone mentioned Kraven as a possible villain for future spider-films yet? I know someone said Kraven's Last Hunt would be cool (but hard to pull off, probably) and some said Sinister Six (hopefully including Kraven).... especially if they do the Lizard as well, Kraven could be out to hunt down the Lizard, see Spidey do it instead, then switch and try to take out Spidey. It would be.... fun.

Kshah777 on
    "He ate a moose and he ate a whale, he even ate a mountain... of shrimp..."
    ~"The Ballad of Morgan Brown"
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    They could do Kraven's Last Hunt and just use Lizard in place of Vermin.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Kshah777 wrote: »
    This may have been mentioned by now... don't have time to read through every page of post, but has anyone mentioned Kraven as a possible villain for future spider-films yet? I know someone said Kraven's Last Hunt would be cool (but hard to pull off, probably) and some said Sinister Six (hopefully including Kraven).... especially if they do the Lizard as well, Kraven could be out to hunt down the Lizard, see Spidey do it instead, then switch and try to take out Spidey. It would be.... fun.

You know... they could do the story of Kraven from Spider-Man: Blue... where Kraven recruits a number of Spider-Man's animal themed villains to fight him. Rhino, Vulture, and Lizard, specifically. Be a good way to introduce a bunch of spidey villains at once, especially if they do a sinister six afterwards.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited May 2007
    I think it would be great if they introduced Black Cat in the next few movies. I just can't think of who could play her.

wwtMask on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I thought Felicia Hardy already had a throw-away appearance or two?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited May 2007
    Recently posted on IGN:

"Everybody's been so busy trying to get this one out that that's been the focus," he added. "When everybody comes up for air, we can think about how to make the next one."

That would seem to include cast and crew, although that hasn't stopped the rumor mill from offering up a name about who might succeed Kirsten Dunst as Mary Jane Watson. According to CinemaBlend.com, Mandy Moore, Alexis Bledel and Camilla Belle are contenders for the role.

The site adds, "Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Jake Gyllenhall are the front runners as of now [to replace Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker] but word is that a third name might be thrown in the mix as well." They also suggest that a new director may be tapped as well since Raimi would want more control over Spidey 4.

CinemaBlend's scooper claims "those in Sony don't want to give Tobey or the returning cast that kind of money because they want to lock the cast down for the next three films instead of one and they want to do it cheaply, so they are looking at other actors to continue the franchise in a cheaper way and if the movie opens big and makes a boat load of cash, Tobey and the cast has a huge advantage in negotiations."

To me, Bledel seems too young for the MJ role, though I did like what she did in Sin City. But again, too young in my opinion. I don't think Moore would be a horrible choice, I mean she was great in A Walk to Remember, showing she has great emotional range, but beyond that, nothing she's done has wowed me. If they cast Belle, I will kill every executive at Sony. When A Stranger Calls sucked, and she looks like if Selma Blair had a kid, then took a dump on her.

I guess Gyllenhall is really the only logical choice for Peter...Levitt's an okay guy, but he just doesn't have the look of Parker. Though I am curious who this mystery "third name" might be.

Anyone else have thoughts on casting?

Zephonate on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm actually disappointed in a way, because I agree with whoever said that Topher Grace would make a great Peter Parker. I thought he did well as Eddie Brock, but he would have been perfect as Parker.

I could see Joseph Gordon-Levitt doing it, but yeah Jake Gyllenhall would probably be better.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

To be fair, it's not entirely clear Mary Jane is aware of any of this. Certainly not the symbiote.

And also, Parker was being kind of an asshole. Every time she tried to talk to him about her career, he's all "blah blah Spider-Man!"

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
    edited May 2007

To be fair, it's not entirely clear Mary Jane is aware of any of this. Certainly not the symbiote.

And also, Parker was being kind of an asshole. Every time she tried to talk to him about her career, he's all "blah blah Spider-Man!"

Upon second viewing I see that you are correct. I kinda just assumed that would be something they might talk about, being in a relationship and all.

Mr Pink on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, it's pretty retarded that he wouldn't tell MJ why Harry hates him. I mean, Jesus, he doesn't even want her to be peripherally aware that Harry might go off and kidnap her or something?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg