As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader RPG Discussion

12345679»

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Chrysis wrote: »
    I've been sorely tempted to start something, but I haven't roleplayed much and have never DM'd. I can't help but think it would be a disaster. Still tempted though. I'll give it some more thought. Is there anything a first time DM should be especially wary of?

Dark Heresy was the first system I ever DMed for, and frankly I found it a lot easier to pick up than 4e D&D. It's not much different behind the screen, except that you apply the situational modifiers to all the tests that are being performed.

Designing custom enemies for Dark Heresy is a hell of a lot easier than 4e as well.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    For my first run things would probably be "by the book" so to speak. That way I have something to work from and can get an idea of what works and what doesn't.

I think I'll have to have a serious read of the book and think about how to run things before I can commit to trying anything.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    HermenegildeHermenegilde Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd sure like to play again. My Rogue Trader was banished to the land of the un-dmed characters :P

Hermenegilde on
  • Options
    GothicLargoGothicLargo Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'd sure like to play again. My Rogue Trader was banished to the land of the un-dmed characters :P

They're running out of room in that particular level of hell.

I'm still game.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ok, I think I'll give it a shot. I'll try work up a first post sometime today and start getting some character applications.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Ok, I think I'll give it a shot. I'll try work up a first post sometime today and start getting some character applications.

Lure of the Expanse is out, it has several adventures.

I'd do any class if it means we have a new adventure going.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'll be starting with the back of the main rulebook while I work on getting my hands on Lure. I'm in Japan so things get a little tricky with getting rather niche English products :) Hopefully things last long enough we can continue into new and exciting territory. I don't plan to vanish into the warp anytime soon.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Here's an incomplete character generator: http://cbpye.net/rtchargen.php

Not all of the math works yet and saving... fugitabout.

GothicLargo on
    atfc.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    A good tool to have a play with though. Thread is up (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=117191), so knock yourselves out. Feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions.

Been playing around with maps trying to get something I can use for combat situations. Anyone know of a good way to have a map I can move some tokens around on and then post a picture in the thread? Been playing with GIMP, and it's not very user friendly for this sort of thing. Doesn't help that I'm on a touchpad.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    In googlewave i'm using an app that lets you set a background image and apply a grid over it and move your tokens around the grid. You could use that to make the map and then use printscreen to screencap it for the thread.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Not a bad suggestion, I'll look into it some more. Possibly the various internet tabletop programs might provide similar functionality.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is anyone still playing this? I want to play more.

Psyco is trying to get our game going again, so there is hope.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If someone were to start running a Deathwatch PbP game, I would totally play in it.

Just sayin'. You know, in case anyone was thinking "I totally want to run a Deathwatch PbP game... but I'm not sure whether or not Thanatos would play in it."

Thanatos on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I haven't even tried out my deathwatch starter yet, ugh.

Which is to say, I would totally PbP for deathwatch :P

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I really want to play Rogue Trader again.

DouglasDanger on