As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Pokémon Revealed! Thread requires Max Revive

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Tyranitar.

Nerdgasmic on
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Second requirement, it has to be readily available in Platinum before beating the elite 4.

CangoFett on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    garchomp

Rent on
    edited August 2010
    What if I were to trade you some Pokemon?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited August 2010
    Thats cool too if youre still on

CangoFett on
    edited August 2010
    Okay.

What levels do you need? I have a Dusclops at about level 53 that I think would suit your team well.

And if you're willing to level it some, I have an okay abomasnow at about level 40 that would also do well.

Nerdgasmic on
    edited August 2010
    40s fine. Just didnt want any level 10s or 90s. Thanks, lemme grab my FC real quick

4340 5541 6311

I dont really have much to offer in return. Only thing i have worth noting is uhh, a L1 eevee, and a giratina.

CangoFett on
    edited August 2010
    Mine is 1333 236 8007

Nerdgasmic on
    edited August 2010
    missed a digit there.

CangoFett on
    edited August 2010
    sorry, 1333 0236 8007

Nerdgasmic on
    edited August 2010
    cool, headin in

CangoFett on
    edited August 2010
    thanks a ton man.

CangoFett on
    edited August 2010
    No problem, and good luck.

Nerdgasmic on
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Have you guys seen the McDonald's french fry pokémon? Serebii says it's the pre-evolution of Hihidaruma, but before reading that, I was hoping that thing evolved into a hamburger.

Its name is Darumakka, which sounds a lot of like Makku Donarudo, McDonald's in Japanese.

RockinX on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ...what?

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    According to the serebii.net events page, Japan is doing a Celebi event right now to promote the latest movie. What are the chances that we'll get a Celebi event in America at a future date?

Lucascraft on
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    According to the serebii.net events page, Japan is doing a Celebi event right now to promote the latest movie. What are the chances that we'll get a Celebi event in America at a future date?

Well, it is Nintendo.

And it is an event that can easily be done to please American audiences and promote sales and overall happiness with the pokemon brand as a whole.

So, in summary, theres no way its gonna happen.

CangoFett on
    edited August 2010
    not to mention that it's a way to get celebi.

Nerdgasmic on
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Guys.

Pokebeach says TMs are now multi-use.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    Guys.

<3
    If I had doubts about the fifth gen games, they have been largely overridden by the amazingness that is this.
    Of course, it would mean that getting some of the really good TMs might be really hard now, but MULTI-USE more than makes up for that.

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    edited August 2010
    Kay wrote: »
    RockinX wrote: »
    Have you guys seen the McDonald's french fry pokémon? Serebii says it's the pre-evolution of Hihidaruma, but before reading that, I was hoping that thing evolved into a hamburger.

Its name is Darumakka, which sounds a lot of like Makku Donarudo, McDonald's in Japanese.
    ...what?
    There is this pokémon, whose name is Darumakka, that looks a lot like a pack of french fries from McDonald's, and has some marks that look a lot like a corrupted M from McD.

daru.jpg

BTW, new KoroKoro scans reveal a lot of info, but this one bit has me dancing with joy:
    TMs do not disappear after use

FUCK YEAR!!! FUCK YOU, GAMEFREAK, IT TOOK YOU TOO LONG TO DO THIS

RockinX on
    edited August 2010
    Fuck, beaten. Anyways, Skarmory is gonna be more of a fucking bitch. I'm actually thinking about putting in my sig that I don't wanna battle people with Skarmories now.

RockinX on
    edited August 2010
    that's not very fair, rockin

Nerdgasmic on
    edited August 2010
    Neither is it not being able to stop it from laying two layers of spikes or a stealth rock and one layer of spikes.

RockinX on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    But how's that any different than before? You could buy Stealth Rock TMs in HGSS.

Mx. Quill on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And how does that affect Skarmory?

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
    edited August 2010
    pokemon with a sturdy are now protected against all attacks that would cause a one hit KO, leaving them with 1 HP except in the case of Guillotine, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold, and Fissure, which fail against Sturdy pokemon

Skarmory can potentially have sturdy

Nerdgasmic on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just hope that Stealth Rock is not a TM and learned by one bad Pokemon, thus making it a hassle.

And give it to like 0 egg groups.
    Man I really want Hihidaruma to have Stealth Rock!
    WHOOPS IMPOSSIBLE.

The Muffin Man on
    edited August 2010
    But it doesn't trigger when HP is less than full, right? I don't see a problem then, since Sturdy was pretty much useless.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The point Rockin is making is that Sturdy Pokemon, Skarmory included, are now guaranteed to survive one hit. Basically they have a free Focus Sash.

I don't really think that will be broken though. :3

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
    edited August 2010
    My point is that they won't survive that hit if Stealth Rock is in play, assuming it works how I think it works. Or it's holding lefties and gets molested by Magnezone.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey so I think I can start trading again I think at my new place? So Spoit I'll take that shiny charmander off your hands if you still have it

Rent on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ah, forgot that Skarmory has Sturdy.

But yeah, given how commonplace Stealth Rock is to begin with, it's probably not that much of a concern.

Mx. Quill on
  • InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    But then I, and others, were hoping for a Stealth Rock nerfing.
    Well, it could still counteract Sturdy and Focus Sashes even if weakened.

Please, Please weaken it.
    Well, it is Nintendo.

And it is an event that can easily be done to please American audiences and promote sales and overall happiness with the pokemon brand as a whole.

So, in summary, theres no way its gonna happen.
    Guys, enough of this already. It's completely outdated, in regards to Pokemon at least.
    I don't think America has missed any giveaways that Japan has gotten.
    Maybe there were some Pokemon Theme Park giveaways or other small, local events. Nothing big has been skipped since Diamond/Pearl I believe.

Man, they turned Sturdy into a pretty cool ability and they made TMs a lot better. Plus, the majority of new pokemon have been pretty awesome.
    This is going very well so far!

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • notsoynotsoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    reduce it to 8% damage, damage is still altered by type weakness/resistance

add in new types of entry hazards (Icicles, Exploding Trap, etc.)

Also, Double Team/Confuse Ray/Toxic stall is the WORST thing ever. Thank God I had a Steelix to give that gay Umbreon the what-for

Do any of the Battle Factory mons have Taunt? I love Taunt so much. For that matter, how many of them have Trick and a Choice item?

notsoy on
    Soul Silver FC: 1978 3200 2285
    GT: HitoriLionheart or dailydro
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't think they are going to weaken Stealth Rock. I mean, they weakened hypnosis already but no change to Stealth Rock in the three games we've had it. Don't get me wrong, I would be very happy if they did since I think it limits a lot of potential Pokemon (at the same time, though, it helps counter some of the game's strongest Pokemon, like Salamence and Gyarados, so we might need some additional tweaks if they were to remove it).

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I wouldn't mind it if it didn't make Fire types practically useless except for the 3 or so that resist it.

EDIT: Which reminds me, if they make the Fire starter evolve into another Fire/Fighting I'm going to be mad. Any word on that, or are they keeping mum? I'm avoiding spoilers, but that's something I'd actually like to know before I start the game.

Terrendos on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    Guys.

This is literally the best thing ever.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    angelababy wrote: »
    On that website linked in the OP regarding the Enigma Stone, it says you must have the National Dex. Is that true?

Considering that you turn in the stone at Pewter City, I'd say probably.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    notsoy wrote: »
    Do any of the Battle Factory mons have Taunt? I love Taunt so much. For that matter, how many of them have Trick and a Choice item?
    http://www.snapperthetwig.com/poke/search.php
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1489122&postcount=22
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1862690&postcount=123
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2365842&postcount=1640

I also discovered myself that if you trade constantly in the Factory you will outpace the AI's IV increases and basically always win what would have otherwise been speed ties, at least up until the second battle against Thorton.

EDIT: Here's a list of Pokemon I encountered on my 6th and 7th streaks. I listed the IVs for every Pokemon I could on the far right of those tables. If you trade after literally every match, then you will consistently receive higher IV Pokemon at the start of the next streak than what the CPU will use against you.
    angelababy wrote: »
    On that website linked in the OP regarding the Enigma Stone, it says you must have the National Dex. Is that true?
    You can probably download the Wondercard at any time, but not actually trigger the event until you have the national dex.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
This discussion has been closed.