As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Team GMT Present to you the Third Annual [Phalla]Awards! (OP Updated Again!)

• psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    extermatott is the obvious red vote.
    ill third the pidgeonking one.
    kay for phalla all stars - Pick one.
    i wanted to vote burnage for cyberpunk, but those were not disturbing so much as glorious.

psolms on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll go with Psolms in general though I don't remember when you joined so that may not count

and INNS

Dunadan019 on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Infidel wrote: »
    Ahava in Phallakinetic cause I was the one to convert her >D

<3

And I got to do damage control D:

I don't recall it as being exactly hilarious so I'm voting for Samurai instead. Extermatott is more hilarious perhaps but samurai did it twice and is a more frequent player.
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Also technically Rawking won my love in the first Phallakinetic and used the windfall from that to do Dr. Lucky
    I thought I was the one to win your love in phallakinetic

Alegis on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    psolms wrote: »
    kay for phalla all stars - Pick one.

I was in Phalla All-Stars? I don't remember signing up for that... I know I didn't show up as a role, though.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Also technically Rawking won my love in the first Phallakinetic and used the windfall from that to do Dr. Lucky
    I thought I was the one to win your love in phallakinetic

You did in the second one, if memory serves

Gumpy on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Daius for obviously being a mafia tank in that phallakinetic game :P

Kay! in Phalla all-stars! Though by mentally disturbing, I mostly mean awesome.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    JaysonFour for making me tear my hair out in frustration as the seer.

And we need more nominations so I'm gonna nominate Marikir for his key role in ensuring mafia victory in Phalla Effect.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    gotta hand it too JaysonFour. It wasn't the biggest blunder but it was certainly the funniest especially after he still found me suspicious after i had died and shown up good in the narration.

romanqwerty on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Teucrian wrote: »
    Teucrian for not knowing what team he was on for the last three days in Dunadan's musical chairs phalla. Illiteracy is a terrible thing.
    I feel your pain. I came in as a replacement for Phallakinetic and got a role PM that had been chopped so that only the teammate IDs and powers were featured. I didn't know what my team name was or what our win condition was for three days D:

Wildcat on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    extermatott for sure

rainfall wins this from Phalla All-Stars with relevant post showing the Squashua role before day 1 narration in black to indicate he was an SK. It took us 4 more days to take him out, but we did hit 4 mafia before we got to that point.

Evil miller homing vlads are evil.

My green and plum votes will take some time...but I do think Arivia can win with that post. That is...disturbing...we should have a conversation about human anatomy. You seem to lack some basic understandings.

REG Rysk on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    Daius wrote: »
    DAIUS' SUPER SECRET BONUS AWARD FUN TIME

Wowsers.

I'm abusing my position on the hosting panel and have created my own set of bonus awards. Much like the other bonus awards, there will not be nominations, but rather a straight vote.

Today's award is...

The "You're not fooling anyone, you know" Award for the most Obvious Mafia Play by any Player in a Mini or Main.

Vote in Black for who you want to see win this...auspicious award.
    That's easy.

Half of the mafia in Phalla All-Stars, which led to something like 5 nights of mafia getting voted out.

I also vote for the mafia voting and posting as suspiciously as possible on the first five days of Phalla All-Stars

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So we have nominations for the mafia from Phallstars, and one for the SK in Phallstars, yet THE BAD GUYS WON THAT GAME?!

REG Rysk on
    edited August 2010
    It raises an interesting question as to the significance of the 1-kill vote in larger games. Bliss made a thread about it iirc

Alegis on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    So we have nominations for the mafia from Phallstars, and one for the SK in Phallstars, yet THE BAD GUYS WON THAT GAME?!

I think we can all agree there were balance issues with that game.

But four of us in a row (and then the serial killer) required a special sort of suspicious posting.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

BL ,his abilities as a thrall vigi, and Mr. D trusting him /being too busy to analyze things along with Infidel being too busy later on and team goods over-reliance on him :)

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    thrall vig for best abuse 2010

Alegis on
    edited August 2010
    It wasn't just Mr D, I did too. I told him EXACTLY what we were doing the last few days as well. I had a seer check rainfall because of the hanging suspicion, it just took a few days to get there.

REG Rysk on
    edited August 2010
    It wasn't just Mr D, I did too. I told him EXACTLY what we were doing the last few days as well. I had a seer check rainfall because of the hanging suspicion, it just took a few days to get there.

well whoever it was. I know Mr. D told me who he had seered. So I assumed B:L had that info as well.

The fact that B:L threw out a ridiculously stupid reason (something like "blank was causing CW" when they did no such thing and BL had no proof what so ever) to bw the person we seered as evil and the two people who jumped on without any attempt at good reasoning didn't get killed (B:L and Mr. D) and the rest of team good did after we established some pretense of reason even if it was shakey( myself, Bliss 101 and someone else) should have been a dead give away . Alas.

edit: I attempted some form of reasoning for the RU vote (I think it was RU) which unfortunately exasperated the psolms going nuts and caused him to get killed instead of Orange Soda which was the original plan.

Egos on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    JaysonFour

Kay for hope bot.

HOPE BOT

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited August 2010

I'd say that or the mafia powers in the Cyberpunk mini.

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    hmm or primaphorior / time shield

we had such a beautiful attack plan

Alegis on
    edited August 2010

Isn't Story Oriented Abilities kind of the name of the game with Ed's games though? Like you don't go in with as much of a normal pretense as other games?

And didn't Villain have some say in who he screwed over?

Egos on
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Egos wrote: »

I disagree

Only on the account because I was part of the mafia

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
    edited August 2010

Isn't Story Oriented Abilities kind of the name of the game with Ed's games though? Like you don't go in with as much of a normal pretense as other games?

And didn't Villain have some say in who he screwed over?

Oh, he surely did.

Edit: high five post-human mafia buddy (who also plays Star Trek Online)!

Wildcat on
    edited August 2010
    You know deep down in your heart.

I will need to call upon Fiaryn and his HATE

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    Instant nuke + 3 ultimate guards (with option of making them buff abilities for pinnacle) was quite a lot though

I'd still vote for thrall vig as it was relatively more abuse

Alegis on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Which one of the mafia?

Burnage on
    edited August 2010
    Burnage wrote: »

Which one of the mafia?

Well the emergent mafia had potential (depending on how many hackers,etc.) , but the mafia that was guaranteed to exist . The one with the extra aug and extra perk. Which was guaranteed pwnage.

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    Seriously though Cyperpunk village, if you'd stuck to your guns with the voting you'd have killed about three or four of us off in sequential days. And that would probably have been that.

Wildcat on
    edited August 2010
    Yes, if only you knew.

Alegis on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    most obvious mafia for me is B:L in the just finished media phalla.

but that's just because it's the most recent one that was so obvious it hurt.

Dunadan019 on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As soon as I died, we stopped voting out mafia.

=/

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Seriously though Cyperpunk village, if you'd stuck to your guns with the voting you'd have killed about three or four of us off in sequential days. And that would probably have been that.

what the fuck are you talking about wildcat, there were double agents everywhere? Everyone was basically out to kill each other?

In the entire game each person (except the mafia) had like what ;one ally?

edit: In a game like Cyberpunk. There is no such thing as a village.

Egos on
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

I'll second this. He played that whole game really out of character but when the Alegis wagon started up he was really barely even hiding anymore. It was unusual.

Though B:L is right that me, Ronrab, and Loserforhire got owned by the village in Phalla All stars on days 2, 3, and 4. I'm just trying to avoid nominating myself for terrible things two awards in a row.

Teucrian on
    edited August 2010
    I hate getting seered confirmed or the vote getting locked before I can try to squirm out of it like in American news mini.

more than I dislike getting vig'd

Alegis on
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Teucrian for not knowing what team he was on for the last three days in Dunadan's musical chairs phalla. Illiteracy is a terrible thing.
    I feel your pain. I came in as a replacement for Phallakinetic and got a role PM that had been chopped so that only the teammate IDs and powers were featured. I didn't know what my team name was or what our win condition was for three days D:

I think what happened was since the role PMs for the two factions looked the same, (all the pms had the names of both factions in them, the name of your faction was just on top) and one night I stayed a vig but flipped factions. When I looked at my PM all I saw was that I was still a vig, and I guess missed that I was part of the other guys. That was the last time my role changed, so I never went back to look at the PM until I sent a very confused message to Dunadan. In other words, it pays to do more than cursorily glance at your PM.

I still maintain that it led to the best possible outcome for that game.

Teucrian on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

I'll second this. He played that whole game really out of character but when the Alegis wagon started up he was really barely even hiding anymore. It was unusual.
    I had a vig/seer reflector.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i remembered who i wanted to vote for in the secret black vote: BL in phalla all stars. relevant post. look, i even called him on it in game.

and duna, i appreciate the nod, but im not sure i qualify. my profile says i signed up in march of 09. im not sure what my first game was (i think nightwatch or chuck mini iirc). though maybe it does count? i dont know, im just a big name player.

psolms on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Apparently B:L being never evil means when he is evil he is out of practice? :P

e- going by number of black votes on B:L alone.

El Skid on
    edited August 2010
    Pushing the vote onto a mafia is supposed to be blatantly evil..?

REG Rysk on