As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[APB] All Points Bulletin, I'm gettin' too old for this sh*t...

1545556575860»

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Finally some big changes coming:
    The 1.3.1 patch for APB will be going live on Tuesday August 10th and features a plethora of exciting changes to weapons and missions. If you have yet to read about some of the upcoming changes be sure to stop by our forums and take a look here. Full patch notes will be published on Tuesday.

Players who were unable to retrieve their monthly league rewards will be able to do so after 1.3.1 goes live, via the in-game mail system. If you are one of the unfortunate players whose mails have been deleted or expired, we will release more information on how to reclaim them on Tuesday.

The release of the patch will be accompanied by a period of maintenance lasting for four hours from 01:00 PDT / 04:00 EDT to 05:00 PDT / 08:00 EDT after which, players will be able to commence San Paros regularly scheduled urban warfare.

Also looking forward to seeing what is in my monthly rewards.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Team Rocket still active? Might make a criminal just to mess around with

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    CamuiCamui Sogekidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We aren't super active like one would think clans to be. Usually it's 2-4 people 8pm-4am (central) but we do have fun. I made a Primeape Mikro and a Glaceon Mikro just now for clanmates.

I also sold a Houndour bishada just awhile ago too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9uxO0fXHTA

It was a gift from some guy to his girl, her b-day isn't up just yet so I can't post anything about it on the apb forums that she is always on.

Camui on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What do MMO players do for foreplay? Grinding!

Heh...heh heh...sorry

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    What do MMO players do for foreplay? Grinding!

Heh...heh heh...sorry

http://instantrimshot.com/

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Darius BlackDarius Black Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm skeptical, but that post about aimbot sounded convincing. Even taken with a grain of salt, it's troubling to read and I can't help but be pissed off. I've always suspected that there are some hackers in the game, but this is just ridiculous. Why do people even do this? I personally couldn't live with myself, let alone get satisfaction after winning a rigged match. There's something wrong with that mentality. Man, hackers just need to die.

By the way, despite all this, the people crying APB is dying are the minority. Everyone I know in-game is having a blast and so am I. There was one guy who quit, and I think he just couldn't get past the newb threshold. That's the hard part right there. Once you make yourself at home, you start enjoying it even more.

Darius Black on
    Quick, quiet, confident
    Comfortable, permanent
    Undisputed, every tense
    Not a trace of what went left
    More equal than the best
    Unparalleled success
    Everybody, V-impressed
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wallhacking and Aimbotting was fun in Counterstrike... back when I was 15.

Rius on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The thing that sucks is my play time is in the early afternoon, so unless I'm on with my brothers I'm all alone. So so lonely

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    FyctionFyction Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    How has Two Days been? I've been out of it for a while /sorries!

Fyction on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mostly dead. When are you available to play?

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    lol I've been checking vent constantly but there's never anyone online, so I don't go online. . . so once people start being online I'll be back online. . .

it's a vicious circle.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Most of the time I'm not on Vent when I'm in APB. I'll check it, log off vent, and get in the game

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the other thing keeping me out is that I just got a job that requires me to wake up at 5:30am to make my 1.5 hour commute to work, and most of the time I was playing this it was like 9pm until 3am...

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    indecindec __BANNED USERS new member
    edited August 2010
    I wish I kept some proof for you guys but I didn't. Because there was already proof out there and nobody seem to want to believe the videos and screenshots of it. Well, before Realtime worlds would have them removed from youtube and where-ever else.

I played the game legit for first couple weeks. Got a pretty good ways my friend and I. But we were increasingly frustraited more and more things got worse. We are good FPS players for a long time and we know real skill and can spot a hack when we see one. We kinda wonder why people are so oblivious because to us its usually pretty obvious. If the person using the hacks plays it smart it can be hard to tell. But we were usually spot on.

I won't tell you how to spot a hack cause if you gotta ask you are already hopeless.

We did have fun at first until about end of second week. Then we saw the numbers of hacks increasing. Don't try to say we blame anyone whos better then us on hacking because we don't. We can accept a skilled opponent beating us fairly. It's a learning experience to get better. Tho we pretty good so doesn't happen much. But neway..

We finaly had enough and went looking for these hacks ourselves. We wanted to see how they ere doing it and also to be on a level playing field so we have same advantages as they do. So we found the I AM SUBTLE My friend says he remembers them from counterstike days and early unreal games. We saw the damn thing was 25 bucks a month and we bout shit ourselves. But we really wanted to see if it was true though we knew it was. We wanted to know how easy it was for people to cheat in apb.

So we dropped 25 bucks and downloaded the injection client. Fired it up, loaded it, launched apb and it injected into the apb client. Now, we hated cheaters as much as anyone. We said the game would be so fun if there wasnt any hacks. The only way we could still play and have fun (knowing hacking was going on alot more often then people like to believe) was to join em cause its pretty damn hard to beat an aimbot/wallhack combination. So it worked brilliantly. Once we got the configuration and settings figured out we were wiping people up. 1 vs 4 or more players by ourselves. Tag teaming groups of 8 people. getting 20+ kills each with like 1 or 2 deaths. They didn't stand a chance. Only ones that gave us a challenge was other aimbotters and we could tell even more easily now cause we knew exactly what to look for.

Lotta times if you ran into a group of nothing but max threat level people they were all hacking or 3 outa 4 were. We did some dying vs other hackers if they knew how to use it effectively like we did.

Before long we were R240+. Lotta time people who were R200+ R300+ Before the vast majority we could tell were hacking also. Not all but lots of em were. Not sure if R is time played or progress completed or both. But thats how it was. We won a lot and got lots of standing and money and so our Rank went through the roof.

Now we had hoped that the new Punkbuster update was going to put an end t the cheating. Everyone on the forums sure thought it was th end of cheating but we were skeptical. cause punkbuster hadnt been totaly effective at detecting the helios hack on other unreal 3 engine games so we figured we would be safe here too.

so moment of truth. update comes out. everyone was convinced hacking was at an end. (all the naive people anyway). the server populations were pretty low the day right after the patch and we figured it was because so many hackers at this point not logging in til they knew it was safe to use their hack. i checked artificialaiming.net forums and heard reports that it was safe and so i logged in checked see if i could notice ne hackers and i did. so i logged in with hack on cause i didnt give a shit if i got banned or not anymore tbh. sure enough my friend and i were in and hackin like nothing had changed. sure we heard ppl talking about a delayed ban but it never happened. cause it wasnt detected by punkbuster on APB or most of the other unreal 3 games. and using same punkbuster on all of em.

We were like ARE YOU SERIOUS?! this is the best RTW is going to do to fight hacking in this game? soon as our months sub and hack sub was up we said hell with this we dont wanna pay to play this hack infested game and pay 25 bucks a month to keep hacking either cause that was only way we were having any fun at all anymore.

so we stopped playing and havnt played since. just tought id let yall know. at first we were keeping it under control but after a while we just started blatently hacking. ppl reported us for hacking. they told me a few times i know. we werent trying to hide it tho we didnt admit it in game. we just pwned face like it was going outa style. till sub ran out.

so believe me or not i dont care that much thought id get it off my chest. its amusing all the people still refuse to believe its going on all around them. AND BELIEVE ME> THERE WERE A SHIT TON OF HACKIN GOIN ON. just go on believing all those ppl are just that badass and you just suck that bad. its ur problem. we wont go back untill the hacking is fixed. might not even go back then. RTW kinda burned the bridge with us

indec on
  • Options
    StyrkaStyrka Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bad story short: you came, you saw, you hacked, you left. Cool. Now if the rest would do that too we're set.

Styrka on
  • Options
    LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, that's a really long advertisement.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Options
    indecindec __BANNED USERS new member
    edited August 2010
    yeah sorry for writing a book. just felt the whole story would be more appropriate.

and wishing the hackers would leave is a pipe dream. so i hope you enjoy playing in hack infested waters cause unless they can get pretty creative with some anti hacking it aint gonna happen

btw. not trying to advertise. just pointing out the hack we used. there are other hacks that work too we never tried them but heard they worked. i think most people know about helios by now

we were mad as hell untill we got the hack and then we werent having as bad of a time. we were hoping like crazy theyd slap the ban hammer down on all the hacking by the time our hack sub ran out.

but then again they would lose half their subscriber base so we kinda knew it wasnt going to happen they were just trying to save face with the pb thing

sad for real. woulda been a fun game. we just moved on to a game where we didnt have to hack to have fun. ps first time i ever hacked in a game. last time too

indec on
  • Options
    BrianBrian Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cool story bro.

Brian on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So you we're fed up with the hackers so much that you decided to give money to them?

The only way this makes sense is if it was with mommy and daddy's credit card. Even then, I have no faith for the human race. BUT NEWAY

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    BroolStoryCo550.jpg

acidlacedpenguin on
This discussion has been closed.