As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Team GMT Present to you the Third Annual [Phalla]Awards! (OP Updated Again!)

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Pushing the vote onto a mafia is supposed to be blatantly evil..?

yeah, no it wasn't. psolms was just out of the loop. This part was more so, because it allowed people on team good to jump on and gave BL reasonable excuse as to why they died.

Suspicious as fuck that Mr. D and himself didn't die. Because they would be the most obvious choices to kill.

edit: you know..if BL wasn't evil and if Mr. D wasn't being used.

It wasn't extremely obviously but definitely worth a "So...why aren't you dead but everyone else who got seered and didn't vote early for the outed evil is?"

Like I said, sad part OS would have gotten killed if psolms wasn't so insane about thorgots innocence and BL's guilt on IRC. Especially since OS was so blatantly evil later on.

Egos on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    More importantly B:L thrallvigged me on day 1!

Most obvious sign of him being evil ever IMO :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    Like I said, sad part OS would have gotten killed if psolms wasn't so insane about thorgots innocence and BL's guilt on IRC. Especially since OS was so blatantly evil later on.

how does that work?

psolms on
    edited August 2010
    psolms wrote: »

how does that work?

People were convinced you were bad due to how adamant you were about thorgot's innocence, so orders were redirected. Orders were previously to kill OS.

edit: OS had the same voting pattern as thorgot I believe. So the kill was placed on him.

When you started going nuts. I think on BLs insistence (partially) the kill was placed on you. And since we got 5 mafia in a row, it wasn't too far fetched that a mafia person would be going nuts. :mrgreen:

Unfortunate turn of events. But C'est La Vie. Especially when you have a Shadow Network.

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    :( my bad then. maybe that deserves a nod for something like... Most Correct and Well Intentioned Failure by a Villager

psolms on
    edited August 2010
    psolms wrote: »
    :( my bad then. maybe that deserves a nod for something like... Most Correct and Well Intentioned Failure by a Villager

B:L had Bliss, bum, and my name already. And Infidel seemed to be busy irl along with Mr. D . So I think we were kinda screwed regardless :mrgreen:

I have to say it was annoying see how obviously evil OS was later on (quiet early game, then suddenly wall of text man) in the thread; when he could have died.

Egos on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I totally told the network to kill OS on day 1. :3

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited August 2010
    B:L wrote: »
    I totally told the network to kill OS on day 1. :3

If I was part of the network on day 1 I would have probably agreed :P

Egos on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I gotta go with INNS for biggest blunder. There were no secrets. He knew who the mafia was. He knew that he had fulfilled his secondary condition. But, he chose to not win.

Capfalcon on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh hey, Phalla Awards. Sucks that I missed Day 1 :(.

I will vote for INNS because that game was filled with some seriously silly plays. (Such as letting an unmasoned player into your proboards in a game with conversions.

I will nominate Julius Caezure for pretty much entirely controlling Orange Soda's College Newbie Phalla.

And I will vote for Arivia because what the shit was that?

Ebfan on
  • AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    black for The_Anonymous

asking mafia clarifications in the general thread and the game after going completely AWOL from the thread as mafia

Can't come up with anything else

Alegis on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah, I'll go with The_Anonymous

Dunadan019 on
    edited August 2010
    Which game was this the_anon vote from?

Rawkking Goodguy on
    edited August 2010
    American news phalla. getting caught for avoiding the thread was in vanilla phalla (I replaced him instead of you!)

Alegis on
    edited August 2010
    The_anonymous for being an obvious mafia in two games then!

And not getting voted out despite me saying so > : (

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I'll throw another vote towards The Anonymous for the American News Phalla because that was just a silly mistake.

Ebfan on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ebfan wrote: »
    Yeah, I'll throw another vote towards The Anonymous for the American News Phalla because that was just a silly mistake.

Yeah... At the time, I more interpreted it to be asking if there were thralls in each side.

But, really T_A. That's the kind of stuff that goes on the ProBoard for Clarification.

Capfalcon on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Seriously though Cyperpunk village, if you'd stuck to your guns with the voting you'd have killed about three or four of us off in sequential days. And that would probably have been that.

what the fuck are you talking about wildcat, there were double agents everywhere? Everyone was basically out to kill each other?

In the entire game each person (except the mafia) had like what ;one ally?

edit: In a game like Cyberpunk. There is no such thing as a village.

Kay was such an obviously overpowered target, but you all switched off him. If you'd killed him that night the maifa would have stood revealed and you could do stuff. That's what the fuck I'm talking about fuck fuck fuckitty fuck fuck. Hey saying that is fun.

Wildcat on
    edited August 2010
    I have just realised that of the meltdowns / blunders we can vote for, three of the six involved my team! I am obviously good luck!

I'm voting for !extermatott though.

For disturbing posts I am going for !Egos in the Gaga Phalla - specifically this narration - gloriously mental.

Best newbie move: !Alegis based on Ahava's recounting of Scriptures. Give him a chance to shine!

And obvious serial killer is obvious - !Rainfall from Phalla All-Stars.

Wildcat on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No-one wanted to vote for me, though. I was so convincing. Three nights in a row!

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
    edited August 2010
    I know! It was glorious.

Wildcat on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Somebody post The List.

Burnage on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Did I red vote yet? INNS

Also that Burnage post is http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=14680673&postcount=350

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited August 2010
    Burnage wrote: »

Somebody post The List.

posting The List is suspicious

psolms on
    edited August 2010
    No samurai wagon? aww. Extermatott for PMing his mafia rolePM

Burnage for that fake narration post. Close call with the Egos gaga post.

Alegis on
  • MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    1. Playing phalla.
    2. Not playing phalla.

Megatin on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kay for the hope thing

Dunadan019 on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The_Anonymous, Egos, and Myself! I want to win an award! THIS IS MY ONLY CHANCE TO FEEL LOVED BY YOU GEESE! THIS IS SUPPOSE TO BE MY DAY AND YOU PEOPLE CAN'T EVEN GET THAT RIGHT! I HATE EVERYONE OF YOU!

Ljfdkl;an lkfgjd;nfjdslf;ajhglsdvkbkmsl jbhkm anjblnj blsdmj gnl.

That is all.

samurai6966 on
    edited August 2010
    samurai for worst fake meltdown in a phalla award thread

psolms on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Day is over

Results are coming in

Gumpy on
  • samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's like having an orgasm. It's either in you or you try to fake it.

samurai6966 on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Day 2 - The Night goes on

Celebration! The awards have gotten off to a great start! It looks like people are still coming in from outside, warping into existence at any of the halls many reception points. Weapons collected at the door by faithful automatons as the number of Phallites present continues to grow.

The time for the next batch of awards was drawing near, but as the final preperations were carried out the crowd was left to amuse itself. Alegis could be seen in the middle of the hall, showing off a violet helmet from a previous conquest, while kuhlmeye tried to draw attention to a broken robotic arm. Treasures of all sorts found themselves into the various Phallite collections, mementos from past failings or glorious victories. Some were merely fond trinkets, while others were the very reason that Phallite had engaged in the first place. Millions would go to war for the chance to get their hands on but one of the more valuable items held in this hall, but that's of no current consequence. Gumpy had a wall rune built into his lower body from one of his greatest battles, to remind him of what had come before.

The awards are ready! Wheeled out on stage, the winners called forth. Kay, as loved as he was, rewarded for his unsettling nature. INNS, who had long been absent, rewarded for the choice he made. The Anonymous rewarded for his honest and stalwart nature.

And, whats this?

Gumpy rewarded for his winning smile.

Each Award, a tough battle, but ultimately worth whatever blood was spilled to acquire it.

Kay wins Most Mentally Disturbing Narration or Post (Keeping the lights on Award)

INNS wins Most Hilarious Single Blunder or Meltdown by a Player or Team in a Single Game (All according to plan Award)
    meltdownaward.png

The Anonymous wins the "You're not fooling anyone, you know" Award for the most Obvious Mafia Play by any Player in a Mini or Main.

Gumpy wins Most Charming Smile (Gentlemanly Grin award)

Vote in Red for the winner of Most Veteran Play by a New Player (Baby with a shotgun award)

Phyphor for essentially figuring out roman's insane number scheme/mechanic in the Amnesia Room during his first game.
    Pigeonking for convincing the remaining Phallanx villagers to vote for the inactive player instead of him, the last remaining mafia. He won the game.
    Alegis, for having one of the best roles in Scriptures, and using that to take out a mafia member all on his own.

Vote in Lime to nominate for Memest Meme (The Hilarious award)

Vote in Plum for the bonus award: Best / Worst Post Restriction (They made me do it! Award)

Gumpy on
    edited August 2010
    Phyphor
    burnage phalla
    FWD's post restrictions in Lady Gaga Mini

Egos on
    edited August 2010
    Science, it's all I've got meme wise.

Megatin on
    edited August 2010
    FWD was great.

Megatin on
    edited August 2010
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Phyphor

Which post restriction but Egos?

romanqwerty on
    edited August 2010
    Best restriction:
    Day 2 (Delmain)
    • Upon receipt of this PM, go to the Dice Roller at invisiblecastle.com, and roll dice ONE TIME using the following parameters:
      • Character Name - use the name of your favorite Golden Girl. Use the name of the character, not the actress (i.e. Dorothy Zbornak, not Bea Arthur).
      • Number of Rolls - 20
      • Dice - 1d20
    • At the bottom of the IC results page, copy the BBCode for the results with link and PM it to Mr. Defecation. Be sure to save the results somewhere, because you'll need them as well.
    • Between the time you read this PM and the close of voting, you must make at least seven (7) posts.
    • Each of your posts during this time, including any posts you make in excess of seven, must include a reference to a Phalla meme from the provided list (see below).
    • Your rolls above, taken in order, determine which meme you must include in each of your posts.
      [blockquote]Example: you roll and get this:

1d20=4, 1d20=20, 1d20=3, 1d20=11, 1d20=10, 1d20=19, 1d20=11, 1d20=13, 1d20=20, 1d20=15, 1d20=19, 1d20=17, 1d20=18, 1d20=1, 1d20=15, 1d20=5, 1d20=16, 1d20=6, 1d20=17, 1d20=8

Your first post during the time period would include meme #4 (EPIC REVEAL!), your second post would include meme #20 (Arivia doesn't phalla sober), and so on.[/blockquote]
    • If you make twenty posts between now and close of voting (thus running out of numbers), roll dice again for another twenty results using the same parameters as above, except that you must use the name of your second-favorite Golden Girl instead. If you run out a second or third time, repeat with the remaining Golden Girls.
    • You shall not answer any questions directed at you regarding this post restriction, nor shall you volunteer any information about your post restriction.
    • You may edit your posts to correct a meme reference, to insert one if you forget, or for any other reason allowable under the standard rules of the game, but in so doing you must ensure that the resulting post remains compliant with your post restriction and references the correct meme as described above.
    • Effective as of the close of voting today, all provisions of this post restriction shall cease, and you will be free to post in whatever manner you choose, subject to the standard rules of the game.
    List of memes (with links to PhallaWiki pages where available):

1. I am BlueStreak!
    2. Seriously?
    3. Orange Soda / game theory
    4. EPIC REVEAL! (Note: this item would have been colorful on the PA forums, but proboards doesn't support hex color codes in tags.)
    5. Big Name Players
    6. Homing Vlads / Burnage Phalla
    7. B:L loves Rosario+Vampire
    8. Gumpy and his rusty metal hands
    9. Spectrum Rangers
    10. B:L is never evil
    11. Phalla: serious business
    12. The List of suspicious actions
    13. If TehSpectre is still alive on Day 4 he must be evil
    14. Fiaryn rage!
    15. Dunadan's terribad lists
    16. Lady Eri: Flip a coin. Heads she's crazy like a fox, tails she's just plain crazy.
    17. Obbiobbi fish head / Everything's Peaceful obbismiley2nm5.gif
    18. Traitors unite!
    19. Spreadsheeters always die early
    20. Arivia doesn't Phalla sober
    FWD's other restrictions

Worst: Any goddamn haiku restriction

ded gunnit haikus

Alegis on
    edited August 2010

Which post restriction but Egos?

FWD was given the ability to force Post Restriction onto people;an ability he exploited beyond expectations

Egos on
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets