As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Creatures of Habit

1234568»

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    how's it hangin' cogs?

It's goin gooood. Getting a lot of overtime, though not as much as I want. 4 days off in a row is just too damn much, in my opinion. But I'm thinking of applying for a second job so I can use that time more productively. I have student loans to pay off, after all.

How about you? I haven't been around much lately, so I haven't been visiting the forums a lot.

Doing pretty good, but usagi and I are both getting impatient waiting for the company that offered her a job to get back to her so they can negotiate the details and she can plan her move out here. We know they're super busy and completely swamped, she's received a recent email explaining they will be following up with her soon, but it's just annoying having to wait so long since it's been a couple of weeks since they made her the offer.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Maybe they're hoping to find an equally qualified applicant that's not a fag-hag.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    how's it hangin' cogs?

It's goin gooood. Getting a lot of overtime, though not as much as I want. 4 days off in a row is just too damn much, in my opinion. But I'm thinking of applying for a second job so I can use that time more productively. I have student loans to pay off, after all.

How about you? I haven't been around much lately, so I haven't been visiting the forums a lot.

Doing pretty good, but usagi and I are both getting impatient waiting for the company that offered her a job to get back to her so they can negotiate the details and she can plan her move out here. We know they're super busy and completely swamped, she's received a recent email explaining they will be following up with her soon, but it's just annoying having to wait so long since it's been a couple of weeks since they made her the offer.

Waiting is absolutely the worst thing ever - especially when it comes to a new job. Is she the type of person who doesn't feel she actually has the job until training actually starts? A lot of people (me included) are like that and it suuuucks. :D

Where are you guys living now? I hope everything works out! :) My best friend who just moved down from Alaska got a job like that - only his doesn't start until the end of August (they told him in the middle of July) so he's been impatient like that. It'll work out, though! What does she do? I've probably seen it in the job thread, but like I said I've been gone a lot.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    how's it hangin' cogs?

Oh snap, she got an offer? I missed that.

RAD!

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Cog, Dru lives in Seattle and Usagi lives in Massachusetts or some shit.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    how's it hangin' cogs?

RAD!

Yes! Now if the manager would just call her so they could negotiate salary and such, and firm up a start date.

to cogs: nah, she just wants to talk to them so she knows salary, start date, moving expenses (if any), and have it all on paper so she can actually start getting ready for the move. currently she lives in CT and live in WA. so yeah, opposite coasts woooo! :P

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I tend to rub my hands when something goes all according to plan

it gets annoying at times. blister annoying. not according to plan

Alegis on
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I will meticulously organize anything and everything I come in contact with unless it's actually mine

I am disorganized as fuck (or so people say)

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    how's it hangin' cogs?

RAD!

Yes! Now if the manager would just call her so they could negotiate salary and such, and firm up a start date.

to cogs: nah, she just wants to talk to them so she knows salary, start date, moving expenses (if any), and have it all on paper so she can actually start getting ready for the move. currently she lives in CT and live in WA. so yeah, opposite coasts woooo! :P

Awesome :) Quite a move for her, then!

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    at least she's moving to the best coast 8-)

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    south coast is the best coast

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    No coast is the best coa... ah who am I kiddin
    there is nothing here
    damnit

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Butters wrote: »

Connecticut is pretty shit, yeah

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    maple glaze 4 lyfe

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Usagi wrote: »

It's pretty awful here, yeah

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Connecticut, Massachusetts, Detroit. Same difference.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    at least she's moving to the best coast 8-)

This is true. I do miss Seattle sometimes.

I was hoping I would arrive in Texass early enough to be able to recover from the move and go to PAX this year, but again my hopes were in vain. I am going to start saving up for next year, though. Now that I'm making ridiculous amounts of money I can finally put some aside for fun things like that. There are more than a few of you I want to meet just to show you I'm really not that bad of a guy.

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a few (some of which I'm sure have already been mentioned).

Volume controls can only be set to even numbers or multiples of 5 (although _4 & _6 usually get bumped to the nearest multiple of 5).

When I'm walking on a surface with a pattern (sidewalk, tiled floor, etc) I count my steps and try to keep the same intra-pattern number of steps.

I'd be surprised if anyone else had this one, though. I pull the stubble out of my neck by pulling at the individual hairs with my fingers. Sometimes it's because I get ingrown hairs on my neck. Other times, for reasons I can't really explain, a hair just seems out of place, and needs to be gone. Alot of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it. I'll start doing it especially if my brain is in idle-mode (almost like my brain needs something to keep it occupied) . It drives my wife fucking crazy, and she's constantly pantomiming me as sarcastically as humanly possible.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Connecticut, Massachusetts, Detroit. Same difference.

Hey, no, we can drive to somewhere decent from Connecticut or Massachusetts

Straightzi on
  • Options
    SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if anyone else had this one, though. I pull the stubble out of my neck by pulling at the individual hairs with my fingers. Sometimes it's because I get ingrown hairs on my neck. Other times, for reasons I can't really explain, a hair just seems out of place, and needs to be gone. Alot of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it. I'll start doing it especially if my brain is in idle-mode (almost like my brain needs something to keep it occupied) . It drives my wife fucking crazy, and she's constantly pantomiming me as sarcastically as humanly possible.

I do this too. Neck, knuckles, whatever gives the itch. I'll pry and pry until I feel better about the situation

One time I had a very boring job (2 hours of work, had to be there minimum 10 hours per day) and it got so bad that I was using pins and tweezers to dig out/pull some hairs

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    has this turned into a smoking thread yet

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yes

Cigars are god's gift to your lungs

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »

nope

*bubblebubblebubblebubble*

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »

nope

damn

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    see my edit

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    not your devil weed, damnit

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I can't *bubblebubble* over th*bubblebubblebubblebubblebubble*

bong

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I bite my nails a lot, though I stop before the bleeding starts

I also tend to yoink out the hairs of my beard directly under my chin which is giving me a sparse patch so I'm trying to stop

Also lately I've noticed that when I'm feeling selfconscious I tug on my earlobe, especially when I'm singing in front of people

I've been trying to establish good habits around going to the gym and eating less, which works when I can get a routine going. My wife can't stand eating the same thing every day though so she keeps wrecking it

Ten on
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My first thought with the bubbles was actually someone sitting in a high-backed chair in a robe with those bubble pipes.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    My first thought with the bubbles was actually someone sitting in a high-backed chair in a robe with those bubble pipes.

those are called bongs too!

minibongs though

oh wait you mean like the toy things

yeah

no

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Indeed.

bubble_pipe.jpg

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

those are called bongs too!

minibongs though

oh wait you mean like the toy things

yeah

no

That was my first thought as well. Also my only thought until this post made me realize what you were actually talking about.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    tv volume has to be on even numbers, or mulitples of 5

I do this.

It drives me crazy when I catch myself doing it, especially if like 17 is the "perfect volume"

I just can't leave it there

it has to be 18 or 16.

sarukun on