As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Deelock turns [CHAT] today!

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    contortionists.
    You'd care if your girlfriend was one.

I dunno, I think I'd be too freaked out by the unnaturalness of it to get turned on if she pulled any of that spine-bending shit during sexy times.

I'd imagine the same would be true if I had my normal tongue surgically replaced with a 17 inch long giraffe tongue. Yes, I imagine that ladies willing to use their imaginations could see the benefits to be had there, but I think before they got to that point they'd be more like, 'augh, wtf'.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a free-with-rebate phone and go in on a family plan with my parents and brother. I have to charge it at least once every two months.

MKR on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    Prox's creepy-post pulling ND in from the ether made me wonder how many lurkers there are here and if there's a way to get some of them posting. I know there are a bunch of awesome artists that post every blue moon.

bombardier on
    edited August 2010
    bombardier wrote: »
    Prox's creepy-post pulling ND in from the ether made me wonder how many lurkers there are here and if there's a way to get some of them posting. I know there are a bunch of awesome artists that post every blue moon.

Can I make a lurker coming-out thread? It works in SE++. Some of the best posters came out then and still post.

MKR on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Meanwhile, nobody cares where D-Robe's gone...

Gasp! Someone remembered.
    So I just woke up from a year long cheese-induced hibernation (read; coma :D) and since I'm waaay too lazy to read through a years worth of archives, here are my guesses on whats been going on with you guys this past year;

EWA: Still listening to the realist of realzors hip hop. Plastic Beach = creamed pants?

Prox: Filled with self-confidence. Drowning in a sea of sexy women. JK! Still sad and alone.

MT: Gained 50 pounds! Now weighs 120 pounds. Also, still into Japanese for some reason (language and people :winky:).

Cake: Gained 55 pounds! Now exactly half as big as his dog.

Desperate Robots: Lost 35 pounds! Still fat and unlovable.

Nap: Probably has a beard.

Mustang: I do not remember anything about Mustang.

Beavotron: Either Creative-VP of Valve Corporation or has died of rickets. Or gout. Or lupus.

McGibs: Still makes everyone feel bad with his art. Had to see doctor about rare Fallschirmjägergewehr 42 gun problem; erection lasted over 4 hours.

Loomdun: Vice President of the United States

ND: Still fretting over meaningless tiny problems. Freaking out over weird-look-someone-gave-her-on-the-street/school deadlines/never measuring up to true potential. Still getting bit by bugs. Still talking about food/houseplants/piano. Yet to marry bacon.

Wak: Tired of "you only paint beautiful women" crit, now only does lawn mower orthographic projection technical drawings in AutoCAD.

Metal: Still one step away form shooting people from the top of a clock tower. Still shitting in mouths.

Tam: Tam's still be grammar, correcting us and then. There getting tired it's' annoying.

Mars: Still fucking with Tam.

DMAC: Canada?

Iruka: Made one million dollars selling hats to fans. The hats have antlers.

WCK: Keeps on keeping on. (By that I mean, "still ignoring all advice".)

Olly Moss: Probably too good for you guys now. Moved on to super secret successful people forum.

DDV: Everything that could possibly go wrong has happened to DDV. I don't even want to venture a guess. Stabbed a crackhead? Wait- stabbed BY a crackhead?

Mully: Died in a terrible LiveStream accident.

Grenn: Lives off the proceeds of a limited edition "R.I.P. Mully" screen-printed poster.

s_o: Won't return my calls.

Lexxy/Ikage/Kochi: Same as above.

AoB: Has not progressed. Still in the exact state I left him in. Still making terrible highbrow jokes contingent on ultra-obscure popculture references. Still watching terrible movies. Still ensconced in beard and hat. Still having ridiculous AIM conversations. Out on bail for his recent Picasso paintover ("You need to work on your anatomy before trying to stylize"-AoB). Has yet to propose to ND. DAMMIT MAN, CAN'T YOU SEE SHE'S YOUR SOULMATE?

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Did it really pull ND in from the ether? I was confused by Prox's post because as far as I've seen, she posts here a few times a day? So.... she wasn't really gone?

lyrium on
    edited August 2010
    WCK is getting pretty good now.

Practically an artist.

MKR on
    edited August 2010
    lyrium: Still painting. Recently almost blown away by a strong gust of wind.

e: Well that's good. I always like watching progress. *dives into deep end of archives*

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh D-Robe. I would be lying if I said that never happened.

lyrium on
    edited August 2010
    My only progress is that when I draw something from life, you can recognize it as a thing that exists.

Though my doodles are not freakish abominations now.

MKR on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MKR wrote: »
    WCK is getting pretty good now.

Practically an artist.

HAHA. Almost.

winter_combat_knight on
    edited August 2010
    Dammit D-Robe, if I knew you were going to give psychic updates I wouldn't have had to stick around here for the last 4 months.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited August 2010
    Right. Because you have so many other important places to be. :lol:

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That was uncannily accurate.

Also, I still have that erection. D:

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    edited August 2010
    D-Robe wrote: »
    Right. Because you have so many other important places to be. :lol:

:(

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

WCK: Keeps on keeping on. (By that I mean, "still ignoring all advice".)

Still insists on using Michael Jackson as reference for face structure.

winter_combat_knight on
  • IkageIkage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If I had a working phone I would return your calls. Sadly my charger is 2,000 miles away from me and been lazy to get another.

Now I feel neglectful, I will remedy this by filling my hole with food.

Ikage on
    STRONGER THEN DIRT!! DIRT STRONG!
  • ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This is just like Christmas. Except D-Robe is here and no one is disappointed yet.

Chromatomic on
    edited August 2010
    Bacon flies an X-Wing, so he has plenty of important places to be. It's just that most of his life takes place in dialogue with aliens, or wondering why Obi Wan is such a prude.

MKR on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    I guess I need to make some antler hats.

Iruka on
    edited August 2010
    Gibs you have a blog AND YOUR OWN GAME NOW?! Gee wiz, you move quick. Before; Facebook game After; "yeah, I got my own game dev. No big deal."
    :(

All I meant was, those shitty 1970s movies won't watch themselves.
    Haha, I'm glad to see you too.
    Ikage wrote: »
    Now I feel neglectful, I will remedy this by filling my hole with food.

I have that same reoccurring dream. BTW, your new stuff looks amazing. You were good before and now you're even better.
    WCK
    Still insists on using Michael Jackson as reference for face structure.

:lol: I kinda figured that goes without saying.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I do bitch about my luck a lot, don't I?

As far as my interaction with the crackhead, she (my mother) merely had a very scary relapse after several years of being clean.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • JLM-AWPJLM-AWP Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    JLM-AWP wrote: »
    I'm not saying it's not cool, I'm just saying I don't care. I don't care to have a phone whose main selling point is not, "it's a phone that makes phone calls", just as I don't care to have a bush shaped like a rhinoceros, or how I don't care to put in the hard work required to bend my spine around to the point where I could bite by asscheek if I felt like it. If given any one of those things for free, I'd be like, 'alright, cool', but I'm really not willing to invest any amount of my own time, money, or effort in acquiring it.

My iPhone just shed a tear...then dropped a call.

Thanks Bacon

Why would you even want a phone with emotions and tear ducts.

This is exactly the sort of bullshit I'm talking about, I don't need my phone to have features that make it into fucking Wall-E, I need my phone to make fucking phone calls.

I need my phone to reinforce my false sense of satisfaction in having material possessions. Also for Solitaire.

JLM-AWP on
    edited August 2010
    Iruka wrote: »

Where does one pre-order?
    This is just like Christmas.

Hey, veritas. Fancy new name, yet same ol' avatar. So new yet so familiar. It's like wow cataclysm, except this isn't ruining my life yet.
    As far as my interaction with the crackhead, she (my mother) merely had a very scary relapse after several years of being clean.

Wtf, I'm sorry man. I was just taking shots in the dark. If I'd have known, I'd have guessed something else.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
    MKR wrote: »
    bombardier wrote: »

Can I make a lurker coming-out thread? It works in SE++. Some of the best posters came out then and still post.

Give it a shot.

bombardier on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nap: Probably has a beard.

D:

You remembered!

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
    edited August 2010
    A wild thread has appeared.

MKR on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You never even called!

Kochikens on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can't hear you guys over all these funky beats.

earthwormadam on
    edited August 2010
    Gyrating to the music, thrusting the pelvic masses with reckless abandon

MKR on
    edited August 2010

You remembered!
    Also, a guitar. That's how I remembered you. A hobo troubadour.
    Kochikens wrote: »
    You never even called!

I did so! You gave me a 6 digit telephone number. :x
    I can't hear you guys over all these funky beats.

HEY ADAM! You should start doing those Monsteropolis comics again. Those were awesome.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited August 2010

You remembered!
    Also, a guitar. That's how I remembered you. A hobo troubadour.

So like Bacon with musical talent? And less fancy hats.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I actually have not corrected anyone's grammar or mechanics in a long time, D-Robe.

Tam on
    edited August 2010
    Yep- weird.... but kind of nice at the same time.

Nappuccino on

• TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also I am at Denver airport using their awesome free wireless. My uncle gave me twenty bucks before I left and so I bought one of these moleskine things at the bookstore and holy shit, it was $19.34 with tax. It's supposed to be good quality paper though.

edit: so now I am going to turn this shit off and get to drawin'

Tam on
    edited August 2010
    Iruka wrote: »

Where does one pre-order?
    This is just like Christmas.

Hey, veritas. Fancy new name, yet same ol' avatar. So new yet so familiar. It's like wow cataclysm, except this isn't ruining my life yet.

Wtf, I'm sorry man. I was just taking shots in the dark. If I'd have known, I'd have guessed something else.

Pretty much not worried about it. Gonna find a new place to live, and she can do whatever. (Nice guess though, damn)

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would hope so for 20 beezos. Shit I coulda bought this awesome Scott Pilgrim game twice for that!

Also, thanks D-robe, though I think I may have run the well dry on those unfortunately. I should probably start some sort of new project.

earthwormadam on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    BRO-ROBE! You're like a blast from the past. That was forever ago that I was talking about that damned houseplant (it got bugs. I put it outside. Then I threw it out).

Also I graduated! So now I can fret about being jobless and how hard modeling heads in 3D is.

NightDragon on
    edited August 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    I actually have not corrected anyone's grammar or mechanics in a long time, D-Robe.

Well I'm glad the daily beatings Mars gives you are at least having some affect. (Testing 1, 2, 3)

I would hope so for 20 beezos. Shit I coulda bought this awesome Scott Pilgrim game twice for that!

Also, thanks D-robe, though I think I may have run the well dry on those unfortunately. I should probably start some sort of new project.

That Scott Pilgrim game looks incredible. I really don't want to play a game based on a movie based on a comic (or rather a game based on a comic), but it looks like I have no choice. Pixels!

As for new projects, yes; definitely make more comics of some sort. I would go to your site and click ads.

e: HI ND. Congrats on the graduation! When things get hard on the job hunt, just think about all your student loans and the loans from your parents and how you will never pay them back and how all this has been a huge waste. I heard that works well. :D

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
    edited August 2010
    I wonder what I want to draw now. It's been too long since the last time. Fucking video games.

I've been two days game free. I occasionally get the urge to pick up my DS, but then I remember that I have literally hundreds of pages of writing and revising to do, a shitload of math, a lot of money to save so I can afford an art budget (assuming it works that way, which suddenly I'm not sure it does), and various other things.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
This discussion has been closed.