As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

iPhone 2010: This is going to change everything. Again.

1585960616264»

• Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I know this has been covered before, but my wife has an iPod Touch and I want to give her IM access so if something happens to either of our cell phones she can use it to get in touch with my work Blackberry (no texts allowed on the work phone). What's the best free IM app? I'd prefer Google Chat, but I didn't see many that worked with it from a simple app store search.

meebo, which supports gtalk

Monoxide on
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I know this has been covered before, but my wife has an iPod Touch and I want to give her IM access so if something happens to either of our cell phones she can use it to get in touch with my work Blackberry (no texts allowed on the work phone). What's the best free IM app? I'd prefer Google Chat, but I didn't see many that worked with it from a simple app store search.

Meebo is pretty great, and it supports a ton of services.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cool, thanks Monoxide/Nimble Cat. I'll load that up tonight. She lost her phone (left it over the in-laws we found out) yesterday and she had to e-mail me to get in touch all day. Was so happy when she found it.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ErandusErandus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Poof isn't needed if you get SBSettings. You can toggle those buttons off. Stocks is the dumbest button ever.
    I was not aware of that. Very hot. Thanks!

Erandus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So anyone who isn't using Air Video Pro is a fool. A fool I tell you!

I have the server on my desktop monitoring my Videos folder, and exposed to the internets. My iPhone can pick it up using a nifty 9-digit PIN system + password (no memorizing IP addresses, no static IP necessary!), and I can stream video off my machine and over 3g onto my iPhone with GORGEOUS quality.

My entire video library is now available to me ANYWHERE I have 3G, which is basically anywhere, as far as I am concerned.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i don't have a video library or else i'd use that

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    iPhone Safari question: I know that you can jump to the top of a page by tapping the top of the frame. Is there a way to just as easily skip to the bottom? It would make browsing forums a lot easier. As it is now, it gets old having to drag and drag to see a new post at the bottom of a page.

just click the "new post" icon on the thread title in forum view; much easier.

Is that a no to the question, then?

Saphier on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2010
    Saphier wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    iPhone Safari question: I know that you can jump to the top of a page by tapping the top of the frame. Is there a way to just as easily skip to the bottom? It would make browsing forums a lot easier. As it is now, it gets old having to drag and drag to see a new post at the bottom of a page.

just click the "new post" icon on the thread title in forum view; much easier.

Is that a no to the question, then?

yes it is a no, but why are you scrolling to the bottom to see new posts when there is a system in place to take you right to them?

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Being able to scroll to the bottom would be useful in places other than forums as well.

Saphier on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2010
    Saphier wrote: »
    Being able to scroll to the bottom would be useful in places other than forums as well.

well, scrolling has momentum, so Do a few fast swipes and you will very quickly make it to the bottom. There just isn't a place you can tap to have it take you there automatically. But you CAN get there very fast.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    yeah, you can sort of stack a shitton of momentum up and it will scroll ridiculously fast (but stop if you hold down the page... and then start again if you let go)

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, biteSMS is great. Might actually buy the full version!

zen- on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    While I wait for a new iPhone thread, can anyone help me do some detective work? I'm at work so my digging tools are limited.

I found http://www.buymicrosimadapter.com and started going through the purchase process. I logged into PayPal and noticed the name associated with the email for the account is in Cyrillic. This immediately threw up red flags to me. The PayPal site seems legit so hopefully I didn't just bork my login (I'm changing passwords on PayPal in a separate window as we speak).

Can anyone give me some help? As an aside, this seemed to be the only site offering the product in US funds.

Mugsley on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ask and you shall receive

New iPhone Thread.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=125679

GPIA7R on
This discussion has been closed.