As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NHL 11] Bundle up when you take to the ice. You might get glitches.

• remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Text Message convo between Myself and Redfield (Cody) just now:

Rem: Your coming to my wedding.

Cody: ??? Hahaha

R: Haha I'm not getting married or anything. I just mean when it does happen. Your coming.

C: Deal

R: I would come to yours too.. But.. Ya know..

C: Haha fuck you

C: Once they make it legal, all hotsteppers shall be married to each other

remlap13 on
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I call not CCF, I don't want the house to smell like fucking quac

WilDPanthA05 on
  • puffycowpuffycow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am ready to step. Post here if you want to do some damage.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll be on in just a second I'm gunna make a sandwich real quick

Jawa on
    edited August 2010
    Ok, I am finishing up this level in Uncharted 2 then I'll sign on.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    I scored a mother fucking spin o rama goal!!!!!

EDIT:

Sadly the game went to OT so I cannot get a highlight of it :( Instead, we are getting a highlight of my game-winning penalty shot goal.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/29806237

And Cody can throw this one on the highlights. I was playing with just him and I tipped this in ridiculous fashion.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/17745498

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

WilDPanthA05 on
  • CCF23CCF23 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Guys. If we're gonna stand a chance at winning tomorrow we have to play our best. To play our best I think these are the absolute KEY things.

1. Communication - Communicate nearly everything you do. If you're going to dump it, say you're going to dump it. If you're a defenseman and you're gonna pinch, make sure you say it so one of us forwards can get back and cover your point. If you're a forward covering the point, make sure you say you got it so that we don't have 2 or 3 guys trying to cover the 1 defenseman. Most important is probably communicating who's going to get a loose puck. It happens a lot where there's 2 guys about the same distance away from a loose puck and both assume the other will get it. Especially in our own zone, that kind of shit will DESTROY us. Just talk. A lot.

2. We need our defenseman to play conservatively. When Cody and Josh play lock down defense, it's REALLY hard to score on us. Cody, no bullshit. I've seen you play amazing defense, we need it tomorrow. Only join the rush or pinch if you KNOW you won't get caught. If you don't know, don't do it. Better to air on the side of caution. We can't lose if they can't score on us.

3. This one goes for me and to a lesser extent Frank. No Ovechkin-ing. Make the simple play. Dump the puck, flip it on net, whatever. Don't try to make something out of nothing. I know I'm guilty of that a fair share, but it's something I'm going to consciously try to not do tomorrow.

4. Remlap, shut the fuck up. Everyone shut the fuck up. If we're gonna get on each other in this game it's going to do us no good. We all want to win, so we're obviously all going to be trying our best. If someone makes a mistake, we don't need to be on them. If someone makes the same mistake a few times, say something, but no bitching at each other. We'll all be playing the best we can. If it's not good enough it's not good enough.

5. Have fun. We want to win, but if we're not laughing and yelling about cocks and butt fucking, we're playing for the wrong reason.

That's my two cents, now let's shoot some fucking goals guys.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Good stuff there, CCFail. Hopefully you can be CCFantastic during the forum game. :lol:

I am going to be so dead later. It is like 4:40am et. I am waiting for Monday Night Combat to come out. Oh my.

Oh, and I love this picture.
    762A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_XkH.jpg

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    edited August 2010
    That's weird, I wasn't playing defense last night ;)

I am still a little pissed I couldn't get my spin-o-rama goal highlight. I hope they fix that next year.

And good write up CCF. Hopefully I got my playing-like-assness out last night.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Frank, and everyone in here, please get Monday Night Combat. This shit is amazingly fun.

Game day! I wonder if I will sleep before the game. Haha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited August 2010
    I second CCF's #5 ... we all know this isn't a dick around game and it's important, so let's at least try to enjoy it!

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited August 2010
    Where the hell are you seeing Monday Night Combat? It isn't showing on mine yet

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited August 2010
    It looks like TF2, which I own and don't play already. Though I have money and I'll probably buy it. I have a question about tonight's game for you guys.

The last two night I have been a Dangler, so my deking is about a 94 with my accuracy/power for wrist shot hovering around 80. I obviously don't hit the exact spot I want every time but I realized I have been holding the puck better and scored some nice goals (spin-o-rama and one handed Penalty Shot goal).

So the question is, should I stick with it, or should I got back to Sniper with my laser power of 99 and accuracy of 94? And should I stay small and quick or beef back up to lay down the law? Just wondering how you guys feel.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Where the hell are you seeing Monday Night Combat? It isn't showing on mine yet

DL THE TRIAL HERE and then buy it. It is different than TF2. Trust me.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Hey AshtrayHey Ashtray Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Good luck boys, I'm rooting for you from nova scotia. We played our first show of the tour last night, it was great!

Hey Ashtray on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Frank: go with whatever is comfortable for you. In the past I've tried fooling around with different builds on my guy. The small quick guy. The massive bruiser. But some of them just didn't feel right for how I wanted to play my game. So whatever you feel the best playing, roll with it. You've got skills. Don't try to just fill a role.

Buber: I really hope you sing in this band with your wonderfully husky voice.

remlap13 on
    edited August 2010
    Billy Mays!

EDIT:

I'll stick with my dangler. Piz has been a setup-machine for me since I changed so I may as well keep it.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Is it lame to go to a concert by yourself? There's a show I really want to see in Edmonton but I don't think I can find anyone to go with me.

remlap13 on
    edited August 2010
    puffycow wrote: »
    Billy Mays!

EDIT:

I'll stick with my dangler. Piz has been a setup-machine for me since I changed so I may as well keep it.

I've pretty much built up my character so that he's an Adam Oates type of player, I know that you and CCF can bury from everywhere, so that's why I focus mostly on the setup and winning off the draw. Hopefully I can play like I did last night and get another 8000 stars.
    remlap13 wrote: »
    Is it lame to go to a concert by yourself? There's a show I really want to see in Edmonton but I don't think I can find anyone to go with me.

Depending on the band honestly. I went and saw Meg & Dia and Anberlin two summers ago by myself and that wasn't weird ... I think it depends on the crowd and how awkward you may feel in between sets.

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited August 2010
    As long as you'll have fun, just go. Everyone is friends at a concert anyways.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    http://www.sonicboomfestival.com/

It's gonna be sick I think. It's an all day thing.

remlap13 on
    edited August 2010
    I'm a huuggggeeee Rise Against fan, that lineup looks sweet

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited August 2010
    Yeah! So am I, Piz.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • JawaJawa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Thats funny I saw The Dirty Heads play one of their first shows in San Diego and now they are playing all the way out in Edmonton

Jawa on
    edited August 2010
    Probably because what's his face is singing with Sublime.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
  • RhapsodyRhapsody Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Oh god damn. I love Rise Against and Bad Religion, and Weezer's fun too. If I lived anywhere near there, I'd join you.

So speaking of player setups, I'm still not happy with my OffD build on defense. Does it really matter if I pick a player type that's built for forwards instead of defensemen?

Rhapsody on
    edited August 2010
    Why am I just finding out now that all you guys love Rise Against? Best fucking band ever. Like no joke. Omg. Fuck.

remlap13 on
    edited August 2010
    Why am I just finding out now that all you guys love Rise Against? Best fucking band ever. Like no joke. Omg. Fuck.

Rhapsody on
    edited August 2010
    Rhapsody wrote: »
    So speaking of player setups, I'm still not happy with my OffD build on defense. Does it really matter if I pick a player type that's built for forwards instead of defensemen?

No. Sometimes I pick a Power Forward to make me slapshot power a 99 back there.

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Why am I just finding out now that all you guys love Rise Against? Best fucking band ever, besides Paramore of course. Like no joke. Omg. Fuck.

Sonic Boom festival?
    GuileTech.JPG

I am going to fiddle more with my video stuff. Hopefully I can get it working. Did everyone buy Monday Night Combat yet? :winky:

edit: Oh great. Pronger won't be ready for training camp. *sigh*

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited August 2010
    Guys, I think I'm shit out of luck on finding someone to go with me to that concert. Unless someone flies up here to see it with me.

remlap13 on
    edited August 2010
    My internet has shit out on my twice in the past hour. I really hope this doesn't happen tonight.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited August 2010
    I'll be on at 10:30 EST so we can get a practice game in.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg
    edited August 2010
    I'll try to get in on the practice.

Remlap, fly me up sugar daddy!

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    puffycow wrote: »
    I'll try to get in on the practice.

Remlap, fly me up sugar daddy!

Fuck you, fly yourself up Mr. Engineer! You probably make twice as much as me haha.

remlap13 on
    edited August 2010
    Let's not get carried away here. Just buy me the tickets ;)

puffycow on
    FrankForum-1.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Guys, I think I'm shit out of luck on finding someone to go with me to that concert. Unless someone flies up here to see it with me.

Dude, go alone if you must. This is too awesome to pass up.

Good luck tonight guys. I'll be on around 11 to cheer and jeer.

Rhapsody on
    edited August 2010

Agreed ... albeit their lyrics can be a little too emo at times, they are still kick ass

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited August 2010
    I guess I'm the only one on here that doesn't like Rise Against :P.

I'll be on in 10 mins for a practice game.

CCF23 on
    CCFForum-Sedan-2-2.jpg