As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THE COLONY: BOILING DEAD PIGS AND BEING MELODRAMATIC

• Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    yessss

one more show closer to smash tv

i can only hope it happens in my lifetime

only when reality tv is more brutal than reality instead of less, will i watch it

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    Jim is the crazy religious nut right.

This show isnt doing it for me, It just does not have that spark, to me, that made the first one great.

Man what. He has mentioned religion a couple of times. I don't think being religious makes you a crazy religious nut.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man I really hope they don't bring in Jim next time people show up. That could have been a disaster.

And really? Letting soup go to waste because you're a stupid ass and you don't know how to build a proper cellar and it's not a big deal? God I hate this bitch already.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
    edited August 2010
    Yeah she was kind of stupid. That was a lot of food to just waste like that.

I mean yeah they aren't in any real danger but they can still go without food for a while.

Also it was silly of them to go into that building that was obviously recently inhabited at the end like that

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    edited August 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    Yeah she was kind of stupid. That was a lot of food to just waste like that.

I mean yeah they aren't in any real danger but they can still go without food for a while.

Also it was silly of them to go into that building that was obviously recently inhabited at the end like that

They're still pretty clueless, in my opinion they should have brought with them another dude only because the two women were busy pushing their carts away and there was only Jim there vs 3 other guys.

They're not completely out of food but they're doing a terrible job catching food for themselves so far. I would have honestly kicked her out for that. When she introduced herself as someone who speaks so boldly and doesn't mind calling people out for putting on a face I knew she was going to be trouble.

I don't remember his name but she's going to be like that old mechanic from the previous season, the one that constantly argued with people.

nuka on
    edited August 2010
    It was mike. He was such a douche but at least he was useful

Artreus on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'M GOING TO HIT YOU WITH THIS SHARP THING! (i'm not going to hit you with this sharp thing)

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    also the machete george made was rad.

Metzger Meister on
    edited August 2010
    It was, but I didn't see how they sharpened it if they did.

Also those spears are gonna be awesome.

nuka on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    nuka wrote: »

probably just rubbing the edge against some sidewalk or something. i dunno. :o

also yeah dykey lumberjack lady dropped the fucking ball and can't deal with the fact that she did something STUPID.

Metzger Meister on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

he was a realist. He argued because he was with a bunch of bleeding hearts who wanted to give away their food and water to everyone who walked by

Buttcleft on
    edited August 2010

probably just rubbing the edge against some sidewalk or something. i dunno. :o

also yeah dykey lumberjack lady dropped the fucking ball and can't deal with the fact that she did something STUPID.

I don't even understand how she thought digging that tiny of a hole and then just covering with a bit of metal was going to work.

*digs for 2 feet* "Wow that was a lot of work, welp I'm done!"

I get the feeling she only wants to do things her way, and yeah just doesn't want to ever ask for help. I know that if I did I wouldn't have dug a 10 foot deep hole without assistance.

EDIT: Well I could, it would just take me days and days to do it. Not 15 minutes like what she was thinking.

nuka on
    edited August 2010

he was a realist. He argued because he was with a bunch of bleeding hearts who wanted to give away their food and water to everyone who walked by

He was but he also had a shit attitude. I am glad this time around that there's not so much generosity and little they gave bit them in the ass immediately afterwards.

Nothing like giving away milk only to get pepper spray in your eyes.

nuka on
    edited August 2010
    see, next time they do one of these shows they need to have a guy like R. Lee Ermy on the squad, some old salty bastard who's tough as old boots and knows his shit.

or some super-hardcore ex-spec-ops guy who makes everyone else look like a bunch of fruits.

Metzger Meister on
    edited August 2010
    Bear Gryllis

All those maggots would feed them for a week.

nuka on
    edited August 2010
    I always thought they should do a show where Les Stroud and Bear Grylls team up.

call it JESUS CHRIST THESE DUDES ARE MANLY

Metzger Meister on
    edited August 2010
    see, next time they do one of these shows they need to have a guy like R. Lee Ermy on the squad, some old salty bastard who's tough as old boots and knows his shit.

or some super-hardcore ex-spec-ops guy who makes everyone else look like a bunch of fruits.

That's kind of like what mike was.

Also fuck bear grylls.

Get Les Stroud. He has to lug around his own camera equipment unlike bear. And he does the smart things you are supposed to do. not "oh look at me do this stupid shit you should never do"

Artreus on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

He was but he also had a shit attitude. I am glad this time around that there's not so much generosity and little they gave bit them in the ass immediately afterwards.

Nothing like giving away milk only to get pepper spray in your eyes.

He had an attitude cause he was surrounded by idiots who had no appreciation for the situation they were in.

Buttcleft on
    edited August 2010
    I'm just sayin Buttcleft that I don't think that his temper helped him out. He had a clue, but I don't think treating people the way he did was the right thing to do.

Maybe I'm remembering it differently than you did because my memory of last season is not that great.

EDIT: I hated the drama that it brought up. It is a reality show I know but I was hoping that the Discovery Channel wouldn't try to pull an MTV here and just have a show where people threw fits all the time, so I didn't like Mike a whole lot.

nuka on
    edited August 2010
    Aw, apparently survivorman ended 2 years ago because each episode was taking way too much effort to film

Artreus on
  • Abraham LincolnAbraham Lincoln Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The pepper spray and potential cattle prodding has already made this season far better than the first. It will be hard to top Joey's crazy "this is my city and I'm going to save it" thing at the end of the first season , though

Abraham Lincoln on
    BEEP BOOP
    edited August 2010
    Yeah what the hell Joey, I think he got into it too deeply and needed some help. D:

nuka on
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aw, apparently survivorman ended 2 years ago because each episode was taking way too much effort to film

this makes me sad. Les Stroud is a boss

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Remember that professor guy from the first one
    That guy was great

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
    edited August 2010
    Yeah what the hell Joey, I think he got into it too deeply and needed some help. D:

Apparently he is a black belt in whatever Tang Soo Doo is so they probably had to keep him from straight up murdering all the actors half the time

Abraham Lincoln on
    BEEP BOOP
    edited August 2010

Apparently he is a black belt in whatever Tang Soo Doo is so they probably had to keep him from straight up murdering all the actors half the time
    So he's going to be using his kung fo to save LA?

I would watch that show.

nuka on
    edited August 2010
    Abraham Lincoln on
    BEEP BOOP
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ive started rewatching all of season 1 with a friend to prepare myself for season 2
    mike really grows on you - yeah, he can't sugar coat worth crap, but he gets the job done and has good intentions

mully on
    edited August 2010
    where you watchin it? :o

Metzger Meister on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I get how the producers can't hire random gangs to terrorize the colonists.

But I don't see anything wrong with blowing up a random building a couple down from where they're staying. Put the fear of god and nitro in their souls.

Blame it on ... something apocalypse related.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    edited August 2010
    I get how the producers can't hire random gangs to terrorize the colonists.

But I don't see anything wrong with blowing up a random building a couple down from where they're staying. Put the fear of god and nitro in their souls.

Blame it on ... something apocalypse related.

They keep showing in the previews a huge fire that breaks out somewhere in the compound.

nuka on
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also acceptable.

At the very least, some guy could pop in with a megaphone and yell "Everything that's concrete is lava! NOPE IT'S TOO LATE YOU DIDN'T JUMP FAST ENOUGH!"

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    edited August 2010
    Or the colony gets hit by the actual flu.

nuka on
  • FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

That's kind of like what mike was.

Also fuck bear grylls.

Get Les Stroud. He has to lug around his own camera equipment unlike bear. And he does the smart things you are supposed to do. not "oh look at me do this stupid shit you should never do"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is

Also: really glad I saw this tread! I had forgotten this show is getting a second season. Enjoyed the first one quite a lot. The old guy with the crazy hair was the best.

And if, like me, you missed the episodes so far, Discovery seems to have them on their website in full.

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
    edited August 2010
    bear gryll's show is more entertaining than survivorman.

there.

i said it.

i don't care if some of the stuff he does is staged.

at least he's not moaning aboot how hungry he is in some shitty pine-bough lean-to for an hour. GREAT TELEVISION.

Metzger Meister on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    it's a survival show

it's not supposed to be able dips and dives and jumps and shit

it's supposed to be about surviving

Raneados on
    edited August 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    it's a survival show

and bear grylls survives in every episode.

booyah.

Metzger Meister on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    it's a survival show

and bear grylls survives in every episode.

booyah.

no

he doesn't

survival implies conflict

he just spends a few minutes in front of the camera and then when it cuts he grabs a zima

Raneados on
    edited August 2010
    do british people even know what zima is?

Metzger Meister on
    edited August 2010
    i lived and I learned

metz I've been in america for a while you remember

Raneados on