As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2010 Challenge Coins

• Options
    RaajTMRaajTM CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Great idea, deposited money and sent e-mail as well. First time going to PAX so this should be a nice memonto =)

RaajTM on
  • Options
    ninjahqninjahq Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Coins ordered - email sent! Thanks for going through all the hard work to make this happen!

ninjahq on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dude, this is a *slight delay*.

It's not an *oh god everything has broken*.

No worries, man. This is still totally worth free drinks at PAX.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    nemaihnenemaihne Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ninjowned wrote: »
    You have my sympathy, understanding, patience, and my immediate order placement :]

One more to the list.

Please don't feel bad because of bureaucratic nonsense. You're doing an amazing job with this!

nemaihne on
    I *think* that's what I meant to say...
  • Options
    CadynCadyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I know it feels bad to say you'll be able to do something for someone else, only not to be able to. But these are totally understandable circumstances; like Imperfect said, it's only a slight delay. We understand and appreciate what you're doing for us.

Cadyn on
  • Options
    papaprinnypapaprinny Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    UPDATE 2:
    BECAUSE PAYPAL SUCKS THE ROOT, THEY ARE ASSESSING 2.9% + $0.30 FEES ON EVERY ORDER ANYWAY.
    SO PLEASE ADD 2.9% OF THE ORDER + $0.30 TO THE TOTAL OF YOUR ORDER, OTHERWISE I WILL BE SHOULDERING THE FEES.

EDIT: ADD A FEW CENTS OF EXTRA SALT ON THIS.
    Why? Because, surprise surprise, Paypal are run by a bunch of crooks. For instance, orders of $20 should require $20.88, which is equivalent to 20 x 1.029 + .30. After Paypal is done with it though, the remaining total is $19.97. Either they are not fully disclosing their fees, or they are thieves. Either way, Paypal still sucks, and I hate them dearly.

Because these fees are being assessed to me, with the current total of $753.68, I am now out a few bucks. Please, PLEASE add the fees to your order when placing your order! The calculation for the amount you should pay is as such:

(Your order total x 1.029) + .30 = your total payment
    (Plus a few cents of salt).

Any remaining amounts are moved into the coin fund.

I guess that's what we get for swimming with sharks, eh?

papaprinny on
    paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig1.jpg
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And y'know, I won't be heartbroken at all if the coins don't arrive *before* PAX... They're a souvenir, I don't need 'em AT PAX necessarily :)

So no worries papa... You've done a bangup job.

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ninjahqninjahq Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    For those of us who have already paid - should we throw in another dollar or two?
    [edit: that was a silly question - making another payment now]

ninjahq on
  • Options
    disposablecompdisposablecomp Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sent $10 last night and an additional $2 today to cover fees and such. Emails sent each time.
    Thanks much for this.

disposablecomp on
  • Options
    UpthornUpthorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have put $20.88 in for two coins + fees.

Upthorn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Okay, I have a list of names at Penny Arcade. List is of first names only in respect for their privacy:

Mike K - Inocuo offered to buy
    Kiko - REG Rysk offered to buy
    Jerry - Inocuo offered to buy
    Mike F - Lumenadducere offered to buy
    Robert - papaprinny offered to buy
    Josh - karmacappa
    Jeff - karmacappa
    Brian - karmacappa
    Dave - tehnakki
    Erika - karmacappa
    Kristin - VThornheart offered to buy

One name is omitted because the guy already bought a coin.

Other people whom forum members have offered to buy coins for:

Scott Kurtz - karmacappa
    Kris Straub - karmacappa
    Wil Wheaton - papaprinny

If anyone wishes to buy these people coins, go ahead and order. Just be sure to hand the coin to a Penny Arcade employee while at PAX with instructions to give the coin to the person you bought it for!

As people offer to buy, I will update this list.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Go ahead and put me down for covering Kiko.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is there any way to get you the money besides PayPal? They've decided to "permanently limit" my account, and since my debit card is associated with that account, I can't even use it to pay for stuff via PayPal.

I share your PayPal hatred.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
  • Options
    ninjownedninjowned Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    papaprinny - did they assess fees on paypal balance transfers also? I sent $10 straight from my account, I'll shoot you the extra now if that is the case.

*edit* I sent you the extra anyway.

ninjowned on
    ninjowned!
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So are credit card transfers being charged even more in addition to that new base amount?

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dreamwriter: I honestly don't know. These guys love to lie. There may yet be more fees they'll try to pile on.

Arco: I have no other swift means, no. If you can suggest another money service, I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Ninjowned: Personal transfers not sent through the chipin are not assessed a fee, so long as it's a bank or paypal balance transfer.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    On behalf of the Cookie Brigade, I'll snag one for Kristin: as soon as I get back from dinner with the Mrs., I'll drop you the money and the info!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    LumenadducereLumenadducere Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just made the payment and sent you an e-mail, papaprinny. As for who I'll be giving a coin to, I'm having a hard time picking - I want to give one to everyone that's left! But since I can't do that and since I also can't choose, I'll just go with the next blank name on the list and go with Mike F. Put me down for his coin.

And once again a huge thanks for taking care of this, and no worries about the minor issues and hassles that come up. We're with you!

Lumenadducere on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You might remember Jeff as the guy who moderates the Pitch Your Game Idea panel. He's a fun dude. Someone should definitely buy him a coin.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey papaprinny: $ have been sent your way to pay for Kristin's coin! I gave you 3 extra $ from the last transfer, so hopefully that should cover any fees from Kristin's... if you need any more though, let me know!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll buy Dave's!

Edit: Also (i didn't see this addressed in the FAQ at the beginning) but why don't we just directly paypal the money instead of going via ChipIn?

tehnakki on
    Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Josh
    Jeff
    Brian
    Erika
    Scott Kurtz
    Kris Straub
    Wil Wheaton

I will be buying coins for these folks. I will be buying 1 (one, ichi, ein, uno) drink for PAPA Prinny if he lets me know when and where to buy him one.

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    karmacappa wrote: »
    Josh
    Jeff
    Brian
    Erika
    Scott Kurtz
    Kris Straub
    Wil Wheaton

I will be buying coins for these folks. I will be buying 1 (one, ichi, ein, uno) drink for PAPA Prinny if he lets me know when and where to buy him one.

I have tentative plans to attend the Pre-PAX dinner.

I will be Buttoneering with THIS button, which will be visible on the front of me:
    papaprinnybutton.png

And, as mentioned, I am purchasing a coin for Wil Wheaton, as I am interested to see what his reaction to it will be.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I can't offer everyone acknowledgement of receipt of their order, as I only have so much time in a day.
    So here's a privacy-conscious list.
    Please note: Nothing has been ordered yet, as I do not yet have access to the funds. This is merely an acknowledgement of order placement.

All current orders, placed in the ChipIn between last night and 12AM CST Friday:
    Format:
    Name (# of coins)

EDIT:
    Somehow I did not scroll up far enough in my spreadsheet to get the first two names on the list. I apologize.
    The missing names are:
    David E
    Nick Y

The originally posted names:
    David S 2
    Matthew A 2
    Michael H 1
    Jenelle N 1
    Darrin T 1
    Joshua d L 1
    Garry M 1
    Scott W 2
    Darryl S 2
    Ryan E 1
    Stephanie D 2
    Annie A 3
    Tom L 2
    Erik K 1
    Yeh F 5
    Larry B 1
    Steven S 2
    P1 Entertainment 4
    Paul E 3
    Alex LdM 4
    Jonathan S 1
    Sean H 3
    Daniel S 4
    Marc P 1
    Kenna C 1
    Mikael V 1
    Danial P 7
    Matthew A 1
    Ariel P 2
    Sam W 2
    Andrei K 1
    Dona C 4
    Kerry J 1
    Jennifer K 1
    Christina C 1
    Jody N 2
    Bill C 1
    Farhad B 3
    Joshua M 1
    Chad V 1

The Numbers:

Challenge Coins ordered through the ChipIn: 84

Current total for the "Challenge Coins for the Nerdy and Underprivileged" Fund:
    $115.38

(Holy cow!)

I think we can leave the fund alone for a while now! Anybody low on cash who needs a coin??

Edit: Money for this first batch has been requested for withdrawal. 3-4 business days from now, I'll have it, and will place the above orders.

Phew, it sure has been a while since I've done this much Excel spreadsheet programming.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    papaprinny wrote: »
    And, as mentioned, I am purchasing a coin for Wil Wheaton, as I am interested to see what his reaction to it will be.

It will probably be a redundant thing, but it's for a brother in the military stationed overseas. My goal this PAX is to get a Players Strategy Guide signed by all the players in the Wizards D&D podcasts (Mike, Gabe, Scott, Wil, Kris, and Vin Diesel, but not actually including Vin Diesel) for him.

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    SoularisSoularis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Does my 40$ (including food) spending limit for pax like qualify me for poor? >.>

I mean i would love a coin but cant really justify 10 bucks for it...

I managed last year with only 40 bucks as well... bought one pax shirt and some dice... ate granola bars or when i got home...

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry for the noobish question, but i figured this was the best place to ask.

1) I would dearly love a coin, and will be in a position to pay for one in a week or so. I'm happy to receive the coin after PAX, is this ok?

2) I'm live outside of the US. How much should i be looking to add to cover shipping costs to the UK (assuming you can get it shipped there?)

Thanks in advance for your help.

EscoBlades on
    tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Soularis,
    Thanks for posting! Email me at papaprinnyA@Tgmail.com (remove A and T) with your shipping info and we'll hook you up, man.

Escoblades: Though we aren't set up to ship to the UK, I'll ask NWTM what the cost might be. You are very likely to receive it after PAX, though.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    Sgt SupermanSgt Superman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would like to request a coin for my friend who will be attending Pax with me on Saturday. He is not neccessaraly poor, but does not have the extra money to spend on a coin. His wife is a stay at home mom, so they reley on his paycheck tp pay the bills.
    He is not a member of this community though. He is not really into forums.
    If you guys could grant him a coin I am sure he would be very greatful, if not I understand.

Thanks.

Sgt Superman on
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    These items are all lined out in posts made previous to this by papaprinny. You will want to read them.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I would like to request a coin for my friend who will be attending Pax with me on Saturday. He is not neccessaraly poor, but does not have the extra money to spend on a coin. His wife is a stay at home mom, so they reley on his paycheck tp pay the bills.
    He is not a member of this community though. He is not really into forums.
    If you guys could grant him a coin I am sure he would be very greatful, if not I understand.

Thanks.

Send me an email with your or your friend's shipping info along with the above information.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    how would one receive a coin for being poor and nerdy? Would love one, but if there is already a waiting list I'll see if I can get the moneys together

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    There are currently enough moneys for 9 coins right now. Just watch the thread and you'll be able to tell how many are left.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The cross-country plane ticket pretty much emptied out my savings account and with the beginning of the semester looming over me, I'm barely going to be able to make the textbooks bill. Without the awesome friends in Seattle I have to stay with, I wouldn't have been able to make it at all.

While I realize that a challenge coin isn't a required portion of the PAX experience (PAX East was a blast!), I've been following this thread since the beginning and have been pining for one since. May I humbly request one through the Nerdy and Underprivileged fund? I can, in return, offer up a poetic composition heralding the success this coin has been and the hard work and dedication of Papaprinny. (Being an English major, while not financially feasible, has its benefits.)

<Omicron-8643> on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Can do, Omicron. Send me an email with the requested info above, your forum username, and that you are requesting from the fund.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    thanks prinny,

hopefully next year we can do this again and hopefully i will like have like a job...

next year however i think we should have the "Penny Arcade" logo on the face side instead of a DS...

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Soularis wrote: »
    thanks prinny,

hopefully next year we can do this again and hopefully i will like have like a job...

next year however i think we should have the "Penny Arcade" logo on the face side instead of a DS...

Really seriously? Man did you just now read like one page of this thread? Please go back and read the rest of the drama and why that wont happen.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    no like a couple weeks ago I read the first like 3 pages... >.> after that i just read the updates in the main post >.>

I mean i have steal my internet... dont have time to read a full 20 page thread...

Soularis on
    Soularis+Esprit.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Me, I've got a personal life. Can't spend all my time reading through 20 pages of a single thread either.

papaprinny on
  • Options
    millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Do I also need to send me an email with the requested info above, my forum username, and that I am requesting from the fund? I even helped try and design the coin when this thread came up.

millislim on
    [X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
This discussion has been closed.