As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bat-Thread: Bruce Wayne, International Hairy Chested Love God of Mystery

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Really, coming in seventh for the position of worst poster is winning.

We all know who took first.

That person.

Munch on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Keith wrote: »
    Furu you are the seventh worst GV poster

keith will never give up his spot as number one

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2010
    two is not a winner and three nobody remembers

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Post the whole list!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So it looks like Bruce Wayne's return is also heralding the return of the yellow oval bat-symbol, along with the abolishment of outer Bat-undies. I'm not sure why they're fixing something that was not broken. Look at DCAU Batman or Arkham Asylum Batman for your costume needs, and we're good to go.

Ceno on
  • Options
    Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The removal of the bat underwear unleashes the giant bat bulge.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The removal of the bat underwear unleashes the giant bat bulge.
    v
    I'm calling Alex Ross on the phone with both hands

Furu on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't like the oval, but I suppose adding more color to the emblem is better than breaking up the grey with different color undies.

And maybe it's supposed to signal a change in the character's attitude or something.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    As long as Dick gets to keep his Bat costume, i'm fine

Tairu on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Batman Inc #1 cover:

batmaninc001000.jpg

TexiKen on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    That is some gorgeous art there though is he really going to be going back to operating as Batman that fast?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    Yes, I know what perspective is and I'm saying he messed it up.
    I'd disagree. It looks like simple forced perspective to me.

For example:
    29bimus.jpg

If he screwed anything up, I'd say it was putting Tim's right shoulder up too high and far back, which makes the top portion of his arm look really short. Though really, people can contort their bodies in weirder ways than you'd expect. Artist Alan Tew has a really neat video on his blog where he kind of gets into the weird contortions the human figure can pull off.

But... His arm doesn't look like it's bent towards the camera. And yeah, the right arm's what threw me off in the first place.
    Ceno wrote: »
    So it looks like Bruce Wayne's return is also heralding the return of the yellow oval bat-symbol, along with the abolishment of outer Bat-undies. I'm not sure why they're fixing something that was not broken. Look at DCAU Batman or Arkham Asylum Batman for your costume needs, and we're good to go.

Pffffft, Arkham Asylum Batsuit is not good.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Batman has an enhanced bat bulge in that picture. You can see the bolts of the cod-piece.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    no that's just where he stores his batawang

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That is some gorgeous art there though is he really going to be going back to operating as Batman that fast?

Well Batman is who he is and what he does. He didn't die, people just thought he did. If he gets back and says "I'm Batman" the response is going to be "go for it."

Solar on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    Dick didn't WANT to be Batman, and if Bruce says so then he would drop the costume in a heart beat. I really hope he doesn't.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I thought the whole point of Batman Inc is that he's gonna be running an official Bat-Family supergroup? I would not be at all surprised if we don't see Dick remain in the cowl. His costume will most likely change though, so that there's no confusion between he and Bruce.

But if Bruce organizes the entire Bat Family, Gotham crime is gonna be at about 0.0001%.

Just imagine a team of Bruce, Dick, Damien, Stephanie, Tim, Kate, and Knight and Squire. Nothing in Gotham could stand against that.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2010
    Knight & Squire are in London!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I could've sworn that in the Morrison interview that was posted a page or two back, he specifically mentioned Knight and Squire as being a part of his Batman Inc book. That's why I listed them.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    in Gotham you've got

Bruce
    Dick
    Tim
    Damien
    Stephanie
    Kate Kane
    Huntress
    Catwoman
    The Question
    Ragman
    Azrael
    Jason Todd (semi)
    Cassandra Cain (if she returns)
    Bette Kane (if Kate makes her her sidekick)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I could've sworn that in the Morrison interview that was posted a page or two back, he specifically mentioned Knight and Squire as being a part of his Batman Inc book. That's why I listed them.

well yeah, but he said it's Batman around the world, I think. not just gotham

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ahh. Batman going global would be cool. I've always thought an arc where Gotham is relatively clean for a while would make for a good groundwork to tell some interesting stories. If super-crime drops, the GCPD ought to be able to handle the regular stuff.

I mean, they keep telling us that Gotham isn't really that bad of a place to live. An arc or two where nothing terrible is happening there would go a long way to reinforce that notion.

I say let Batman stamp out super-crime in Gotham for 8-12 months and let him go other places and do other things.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Futt BuckerFutt Bucker CTRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ahh. Batman going global would be cool. I've always thought an arc where Gotham is relatively clean for a while would make for a good groundwork to tell some interesting stories. If super-crime drops, the GCPD ought to be able to handle the regular stuff.

I mean, they keep telling us that Gotham isn't really that bad of a place to live. An arc or two where nothing terrible is happening there would go a long way to reinforce that notion.

I say let Batman stamp out super-crime in Gotham for 8-12 months and let him go other places and do other things.

Wasn't that the jumping on point for Morrison's run? Batman had cleared Gotham of super-crime so he decides to go on vacation where he meets Jezebel Jet and so on?

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know, everyone says Gotham's the worst city ever to live but when was the last time a hero died in the Bat books? Seems to me like it should be a holiday stop for the other heroes, for those times when they want to get away from the rapes and murders.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    You know, everyone says Gotham's the worst city ever to live but when was the last time a hero died in the Bat books? Seems to me like it should be a holiday stop for the other heroes, for those times when they want to get away from the rapes and murders.

Im pretty sure people only say its the worst city ever because thats the slogan the Board of Gotham Tourism has gone with after hiring that suspicious marketing team. After spending that much money they were stuck with the quote or face the taxpayer.

Better to encourage the arrival of psychopaths and murderers than face a snap election.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    in Gotham you've got

Bruce
    Dick
    Tim
    Damien
    Stephanie
    Kate Kane
    Huntress
    Catwoman
    The Question
    Ragman
    Azrael
    Jason Todd (semi)
    Cassandra Cain (if she returns)
    Bette Kane (if Kate makes her her sidekick)
    Barbara "Oracle" Gordon
    Wendy "Proxy" Harris
    Assorted Birds of Prey as required

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    well, Azrael, Orpheus, and Steph (sorta) died in Gotham.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And possibly Misfit.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    And possibly Misfit.

Refresh my memory? Wasn't Huntress her guardian now?

Edit: She should probably start hanging with the Teen Titans by now...

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's mentioned in the first issue of the BoP relaunch that she's with a foster family now

She was in Wonder Woman #600 with the other girl heroes

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    OK, so she still has her hand in. That is sufficient.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I liked the most recent Batgirl. Whoever is writing it is doing a good job of keeping the grimdark of crime in Gotham out of it, and keeping the tone much lighter than the more core books. I mean, you can see the shadows around the edges, but Steph has a long long way to go before she gets anywhere nears the darkness of Batman proper.

Reminds me of Dick Grayson Robin in atmosphere.

Also, physically and training wise she is light years beyond where she was when she accidentally kicked off the War Games.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    The LuggageThe Luggage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Luggage on
    Interminable
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    crosspost from the DC thread since I'm dumb:

fiiiiiinally read:
    Batman And Son
    The Black Glove
    Batman RIP
    Whatever Happened to the Cape Crusader
    Battle for the Cowl

I have mixed thoughts but I'm damn curious about Batman and Robin, Batgirl, and Red Robin.

After all the awesome Damian stuff in Batman and Son though I was really sad he wasn't in black glove or rip basically at all.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    speaking of Batgirl (well, in the DC thread)

Dustin Nguyen is gonna be the ongoing artist starting in November
    2afc3a1.jpg

I like Lee Garbett's art, but I'll never say no to Dustin Nguyen

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    speaking of Batgirl (well, in the DC thread)

Dustin Nguyen is gonna be the ongoing artist starting in November
    2afc3a1.jpg

I like Lee Garbett's art, but I'll never say no to Dustin Nguyen

Just read the latest issue, which was my first taste of the new batgirl, and I think this pretty much makes it that i'll pick it up every month now.

I'm a sucker for the type of thing they have going with her. Very Spidey.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, now that Blue Beetle's series are gone, Batgirl is the new "Ultimate Spider-Man" for DC

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I definately have to pick up Batgirl at some point, the response to it has been so overwhelming and I recently got into Morrison's Batman and Robin so Batgirl makes sense to expand my reading of that type.

Solar on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is it in softcover trade yet keith

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I admit, I have a love-hate relationship with Morrison. Sometimes, I really like what he writes. For instance, I love Damien. But other times, he gets so existential in what should be a down-to-earth comic that it bewilders me.

Frankly, I'd like to see a Jason Todd/Damien Wayne pairing as a murderous Batman/Robin. I think it would be interesting for Jason Todd to take Damien under his wing for a while.

Some things bother me immensely though. In Winich's introduction of Jason Todd, he made a big deal about needing to kill the Joker. So why hasn't he gone out and done it himself yet? Seems a bit hypocritical if you ask me. I think it would be really interesting to have Jason Todd seriously set out to kill the Joker, and have the real Batman (Bruce, Dick) try to prevent that. I'm actually really sympathizing with Jason Todd here, because the Joker really does need to be done away with. If you're not going to kill him, at least maim him, or send him to the Phantom Zone. The Joker has killed many more people that some people Superman has sent to the Phantom Zone.

Also, why the hell hasn't Batman imprisoned Jason Todd and Damien? Both have killed people, yet he not only lets them run around, he encourages it. So, if you know Batman's secret, its ok to kill people?

cshadow42 on
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42