As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Team Fortress 2]: Towering pillar of bad opinions about hats

• BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    But you're the engineer

BlindPsychic on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    welp, never gonna build teles for you jerks

tofu on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't get home until 6pm PST soooo...

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited August 2010
    Fine I slid it back to 8edt even though it won't make you nerds happy

Its gonna be on Hey You's server, anyone else is invited to join. Hey you or whoever else has the power, we need to run this config: http://deneusbeer.nl/tf2/etf2l.cfg on the server. I'd like to do a 5cp map + badwater I guess.

This is the info for Hey You's server:
    Hey You & Quaz and Wally's
    TF2PRO.COM / TEAM ZISSOU SERVER Donate!
    Come test custom PA made maps and mods for the PAMTU (Contact an admin to join).
    Server IP: 208.167.242.188:27015
    Password: wang

BlindPsychic on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can make it, I just need to be out by around 9:30 because I'm going to see manly man movie for men.

UEAKCrash on
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    What ever, I think it'll be fun just to leave the server in highlander mode for the night. Give a nice alternative to the HDC.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can't make it unless its at like 1 am cst.

Welp.

Mandalorian Rooster on
    edited August 2010
    Okay, guys. So, out of the people who signed up for the tourny WHO CAN ACTUALLY MAKE TO A MATCH?!?!?

We should probably assemble rosters based on available times of play AS WELL AS positions. That way we're covered.

EDIT: Also, I don't see Hey You online so hit me up with that highlander config and I'll throw it on the server so it's ready.

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll be on later.

Roland_tHTG on
  • Mandalorian RoosterMandalorian Rooster Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, I heard we were doing this stuff on sunday. Sundays I will be around. Fridays, nope.

Mandalorian Rooster on
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I guess I could be there.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
    edited August 2010
    boots: the config is my previous post

mandy: the days for the real matches are setup when the two captains decide on a date, its not set in stone iirc.

Honestly I just wanna do this for fun because I haven't had a whole lot of time playing highlander to get a good feel for it. If we can get 18 people to play highlander tonight I will be happy.

Right now we have
    da bearstronauts
    boots : scoot
    roland : medic
    ebo : heavy
    crash : snoiper
    guar : proro
    shyfted : engy-sub
    myself : soldier

I'm assuming proye and hey you will probably be on later as well

The Washington Generals
    Daius

BlindPsychic on
    edited August 2010
    Okay, guys. So, out of the people who signed up for the tourny WHO CAN ACTUALLY MAKE TO A MATCH?!?!?

We should probably assemble rosters based on available times of play AS WELL AS positions. That way we're covered.

EDIT: Also, I don't see Hey You online so hit me up with that highlander config and I'll throw it on the server so it's ready.

Matches will usually be on Sundays at 1 pm PST I believe

Expecting people to be available all the time is silly

edit: oh god, the matches are going to be on european servers

maybe this wasn't such a good idea

tofu on
    edited August 2010
    tofu wrote: »

Matches will usually be on Sundays at 1 pm PST I believe

Expecting people to be available all the time is silly

edit: oh god, the matches are going to be on european servers

maybe this wasn't such a good idea

They don't need to be available all the time. They just need to be available when I want them to be.

LittleBoots on

edited August 2010
    oh I see

tofu on
    edited August 2010
    They seem to have two disparate sets of rules. The FAQ says the team leaders set the place and time. I imagine as long as its all recorded and shit they'll be happy.

BlindPsychic on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I will be on steam and free for the next hour* or so. Drop me a line if you need a spare.

*If I start playing I'll stay on.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
    edited August 2010
    Arg, can't limit max players so we'll just have to change the password during the practice.

LittleBoots on

edited August 2010
    Can't you limit classes though? So people would be forced to spectate? In either case I'm sure Hey You could help us out

BlindPsychic on
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    By the way, I fully intend to be running kritz so I hope you love crit rockets as much as I do

Roland_tHTG on
  • Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry guys, i wont be around tonight. Good luck.

Hey You on
    edited August 2010
    alrighty well that makes 4 people out right? good thing the team roster is so big

BlindPsychic on
    edited August 2010
    Can't you limit classes though? So people would be forced to spectate? In either case I'm sure Hey You could help us out

EDIT: NM, yes you can actually do this. I'm just dumb. It's setup now.

LittleBoots on

edited August 2010
    ah well no biggie. Just change the pass and I'll spread the word through steam and I'll see if I can get some people. You'd think getting 18 people together wouldn't be such a head-ache.

BlindPsychic on
  • guarguar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Something about practice on Hey You's at 8? I can be there.

guar on
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just a warning to whoever ends up playing pyro on our team I will get angry if I get harassed by the scout or the spy

Seriously just light everything on fire

And equip the homewrecker

And cook me breakfast

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited August 2010
    alrighty well that makes 4 people out right? good thing the team roster is so big

Why don't you just say "hey, let's practice on sunday because that will also be when real games will likely be played"

tofu on
    edited August 2010
    Cause I'm working for 12 hours on sunday and won't be around

BlindPsychic on
    edited August 2010
    Well what about saturday evening?

tofu on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hey, have they announced that they've upped the number of teams in the highlander thing yet?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited August 2010
    They said in the new post that the limit was arbitrary and that they'd try to accommodate everyone who's signed up.

tofu: sat night is the PA Highlander Tourney games. Don't sweat it man, this is just goofing around really. I'll keep trying to make practice games as often as possible.

BlindPsychic on
  • ShyftedShyfted Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Like I said on the group page I should be available tonight. If guar is pyro I can fill in for something else although I may not be quite as effective. It'll still be good for me to learn the maps I don't play often a bit better.

Are we using ventrillo or ingame chat?

Shyfted on
    edited August 2010
    in game is fine for now, I'll ask That guy to set up something for us later

I'm putting you down for engy for now since thats a spot we definitely need.

BlindPsychic on
    edited August 2010
    Oh god

edit: with the update what's a good engineer loadout? I have the frontier justice, wrangler, and gunslinger as far as unlockables go?

Shyfted on
    edited August 2010
    Just vanilla engy is fine, don't worry about it too much. cruci would normally be our fill in but he hasn't said anything either way yet. I figure what we'll do is let him play soldier and I'll play demo since both of our demos are MIA. Unless you'd feel better rolling one of those spots

BlindPsychic on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Using all three unlocks at once can be pretty good, though a lot of it depends on the idiocy of the enemy and the support of your team.

I think the wrangler is a pretty clear upgrade to the pistol.. there doesn't seem to be any reason not to use it.

Frontier justice is no good if your sentry isn't getting blown up.. stick with the shotgun if you're a turtle.

Never use the gunslinger on defense.

xzzy on
    edited August 2010
    Just vanilla engy is fine, don't worry about it too much. cruci would normally be our fill in but he hasn't said anything either way yet. I figure what we'll do is let him play soldier and I'll play demo since both of our demos are MIA. Unless you'd feel better rolling one of those spots

I can't rocket jump and only rocked (was really fucking awesome) as demo before the first patch when bouncing nades blew up on contact :D.

I guess I'll pretend to be an engy. Just make sure you guys let me know what you need so I have something to focus on. I'm not used to being alive for so long.

Shyfted on
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i actually think it is easiest to use the gunslinger on defense, because they are going to keep tossing their bodies onto the point/cart/etc, and as defense it makes it easy for you to place the sentry in a good spot usually high up

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah but it's level 3 sentries that kill a push. Not a pissant little mini sentry that takes two rockets to kill.

xzzy on
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Offense: Frontier Justice, Pistol, Gunslinger
    Defense: FJ/Shotgun, Wrangler, Wrench

The whole point of mini sentries is that you spend half a second setting them up and they provide surprise damage and distraction while you use your pistol/shotgun/shotgun crits on some chumps. Wrangled mini-sentries make me cry.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.