As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WebComics - Because we're too cheap and too lazy for the real thing

123457»

• Stand, Killer QueenStand, Killer Queen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Questionable Content is good but it just has too many characters which leaves little character development. I miss Raven.

God. I remember when it was the opposite. I loved QC because it was actually going places. Pretty much once the guy and the shop owner started dating and that OCD blonde turned up (who has no real connection as I love the character, her debut just happened to coincide) things settled into this awkward Three's Company For College Students groove.

Stand, Killer Queen on
    sig.gif
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In case anyone missed it, Axe Cop and Dr. McNinja recently had a crossover. It starts here, and picks up here. Man, I'd forgotten how much the art on McNinja suffers without the use of color or greyscale.

If you're not familiar with Axe Cop (and you should be) it's a comic drawn by a twenty-nine year old Eisner nominee, and written by his five year old brother. Which makes it one of the craziest, most beautifully drawn comics on the internet.

Munch on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Axe Cop is the most wonderful thing in the entire world. I'm really digging the child-logic.

Get splashed with dinosaur blood and you become Dinosaur Man (or whatever). It just happens. We comic people would need a reason for such a transformation. Maybe the flute dude has absorbing powers or something. Or the Dinosaur blood has mutagenic properties. We insert structure and logic into the story.

Kids, however, only recently got acquainted with life or logic, and their stories don't necessarily follow the same structure as ours. It's refreshing. And adorable.

On the other hand, it annoys the hell out of me when an adult does it.

TeaSpoon on
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Comparing Axe Cop & Dr. McNinja is very interesting. McNinja is the kind of intentional randomness, where the best that our minds can come up with is Raptor Bandito and Ben Franklin clones and Ninjas, all sort of pop-culture based and a very specific kind of random. But things like a gun that shoots books is the kind of true random that only a child could come up with.

Lux on
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Transient Man is a really good webcomic. It has beautiful art.

Lalabox on