As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go West, Young Man

• YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    who the hell takes an air mattress camping

Probably the same people who drive out to a campground in an RV that's bigger than my apartment, and sleep in a heated bedroom, in a queen-sized bed, and then have the gall to call what they're doing "camping."

Sorry about your tiny apartment.

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Zonugal: Only you would find it difficult to carry an air mattress several feet to the camp site.

My brittle arms are of no one's importance and will cease being discussed to any length in this thread!

If this is not followed through I will briskly pummel you.

Will this involve wrestling without our shirts on? Followed by a water fight which is then followed by another vigorous round of wrestling? All on air mattresses?

MereHappenstance on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Camping sucks.

it's you
    Nah. I went camping pretty frequently when I was a kid and the actual act of camping, in some fucking tent in the middle of Bumfuckistan, being devoured by insects, is terrible dogshit.

Leaving the tent and going out and doing activities is great. The Badlands were particularly cool.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zonugal: Only you would find it difficult to carry an air mattress several feet to the camp site.

who the hell is walking "several feet" to a campsight

jesus bunch of infants in here

Charles Kinbote on
  • Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am posting this from the green line in Boston. I am here for the week with my family for vacation.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    also I like feeling the ground underneath, it's one of many reasons I went camping

Tam on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

My brittle arms are of no one's importance and will cease being discussed to any length in this thread!

If this is not followed through I will briskly pummel you.

Will this involve wrestling without our shirts on? Followed by a water fight which is then followed by another vigorous round of wrestling? All on air mattresses?

I thought I made it clear that nothing sexual happened during that process.

But if you want to have a half-naked, water wrestle fight later this evening I can pencil it in.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

some people go camping at actual set up campsites

they have parking lots and free wi-fi and everything

weep for our nation

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited August 2010

some people go camping at actual set up campsites

they have parking lots and free wi-fi and everything

weep for our nation

ok parking lots I've run into and that's bad enough but wi-fi

that's new to me

Charles Kinbote on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    to be fair that's stuff like KOA where people are parking their RVs for an overnight thing between hotel rooms in their trek across the country just because

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited August 2010
    Well, I figured whoever would bring an airmattress would obviously go camping at those pre setup camp sites.

I camp on the alaskan tundra. Like a real man.

@Zonugal: It's on. I'll bring the water and airmattress you bring the hardons.

MereHappenstance on
  • SyrochSyroch Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Montana is pimp. It is also my home. It being Yellowstone and more recently, Livingston. Rather, it was until I got stuck in Ohio for college, but still. Bozeman is the tits and to answer the question asked a couple pages back, Billings sucks. It's actually gotten better in the last couple of years, but it's still a shitty town.

God I miss the West. :( Thank goodness I'm going to New Mexico on Wednesday.

Syroch on
    edited August 2010
    Syroch wrote: »
    Montana is pimp. It is also my home. It being Yellowstone and more recently, Livingston. Rather, it was until I got stuck in Ohio for college, but still. Bozeman is the tits and to answer the question asked a couple pages back, Billings sucks. It's actually gotten better in the last couple of years, but it's still a shitty town.

hey I am leaving New Mexico on Tuesday

we really need to get our schedules better coordinated, Syroch

Charles Kinbote on
  • SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Koshian wrote: »
    I'm moving out west in two weeks and I'm kinda nervous about it

it's just now hit me that I'm going to be 2000 miles away from my home and friends and family and everything I've known my entire life and it's a little scary

exciting too though

Swill on
    edited August 2010

Depends on where you're leaving for! If you're going to Cleveland for the week that I am in New Mexico, then yes, that is a poorly coordinated schedule all around.

Syroch on
    edited August 2010
    I heard they took all the trees, and put them in a tree museum.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited August 2010
    I heard they took all the trees, and put them in a tree museum.

And they charged the people a dollar-and-a-half just to see 'em.

Syroch on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Virginia could stand to lose a few of its trees

Really guys, I can't see any cars coming around that corner where there is an [edit] intersection
    could you maybe chop down some of these 2000 foot pine trees

Tam on
    edited August 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    Virginia could stand to lose a few of its trees

Really guys, I can't see any cars coming around that corner where there is a turn
    could you maybe chop down some of these 2000 foot pine trees

That is all of Western Washington.

MereHappenstance on
    edited August 2010

Depends on where you're leaving for! If you're going to Cleveland for the week that I am in New Mexico, then yes, that is a poorly coordinated schedule all around.

where in New Mexico are you going

which fabulous locale

glamorous Gallup
    the mysterious Las Cruces
    romantic Truth or Consequences

Charles Kinbote on
  • GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh boy, an excuse to post a shitload of my photos from my time living out west.

I like climbing mountains on the weekends and taking pictures of them:
    4896229498_3479ca6913_z.jpg

4739253676_c9fae0e7f3_z.jpg

4896312930_d23be949ce_z.jpg

4139489667_54aa810ec6_z.jpg

4845352818_a3b7f37824_z.jpg

I get paid less than minimum wage doing this shitty job but I took these pictures while working.
    4891974728_0eff3c36f0_z.jpg

4086432998_4e7f11db2c_z.jpg

4658043434_c6fe50eea1_z.jpg

4010355478_1449dfc25c_z.jpg

4891981462_51d43174d3_z.jpg

I miss the east coast but then I get reminded that it doesn't have anything like this:
    4779285120_0ac9216e07_b.jpg

Moving out west is awesome Koshian. Embrace it.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Oh god. Is that...?

Is that a...double rainbow?!

MereHappenstance on
    edited August 2010
    it's so bright and vivid, etc

what does it mean, and such

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited August 2010

which fabulous locale

glamorous Gallup
    Albuquerque (which, no matter how many times I type it out, it still looks weird)!

Syroch on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I LOVE camping!
    Grew up in Alaska so it was one of the things to do :P My family would go camping (and fishing) all the time.
    Haven't camped in Washington yet. I keep on meaning to. I've camped once in Oregon and 2-3 weeks ago I camped in Cali.

Sleeping on the ground ain't so bad. I think air mattresses that barely fit in your tent are silly. On that note, going to a campground in an RV is not real camping!!

I should get my own tent/sleeping bag so I can stop borrowing my parents' stuff.

skettios on
  • SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The greatest thing is watching the sun set over the Rockies

I've been living here for years and I still stop what I'm doing just to watch those colors

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    been quite some time since i have been camping.

my friend had his bachelor party while camping. which, might have been cool but i hear there was no stripper.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
    edited August 2010
    Those manufactured campgrounds are the only place where you don't need an air mattress

Clearly too many people around here sleeping on flat ground, don't know what's up with the backcountry

Also you just buy one that fits in your tent it's not that hard

No I am not going to let this go

YoSoyTheWalrus on
    edited August 2010

which fabulous locale

glamorous Gallup
    Albuquerque (which, no matter how many times I type it out, it still looks weird)!

hey I was there yesterday
    and the day before
    that is definitely a place

Charles Kinbote on
    edited August 2010

which fabulous locale

glamorous Gallup

hey I was there yesterday
    and the day before
    that is definitely a place

It is a place.
    It is the place that I will be in.
    I've even heard it's a cool place.

Syroch on
    edited August 2010
    Nob Hill is a cool place, sometimes, if you don't go out at night, and carry protection

Charles Kinbote on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Antimatter on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Those manufactured campgrounds are the only place where you don't need an air mattress

Clearly too many people around here sleeping on flat ground, don't know what's up with the backcountry

I think what you need to understand is some people, in this very thread, like camping without a tent.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I think what you need to understand is some people, in this very thread, like camping without a tent.

I have camped without a tent in the middle of winter in Alberta. It was a pretty cool weekend.

edit: But now I am older and an air matress is a necessity.

Seg on
  • SpudgeSpudge Witty comments go next to this blue dot thingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nob Hill is a cool place, sometimes, if you don't go out at night, and carry protection

The greatest place to hang out in Albuquerque is about 400 miles away from it, in any direction

Spudge on
    Play With Me
    Xbox - IT Jerk
    PSN - MicroChrist

I'm too fuckin' poor to play
    WordsWFriends - zeewoot
    edited August 2010
    Spudge wrote: »

The greatest place to hang out in Albuquerque is about 400 miles away from it, in any direction

now Albuquerque is pretty terrible but uhhh

uhhhh

:/

Charles Kinbote on
    edited August 2010

uhhhh

You just went the wrong direction

YoSoyTheWalrus on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    unless you mean this:

therma_rest_neoair.jpg

when you say air mattress, you are terrible at "camping"

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010

uhhhh

You just went the wrong direction

he said in any direction

YoSoyTheWalrus.

Charles Kinbote on
    edited August 2010
    anyway Santa Fe is far better than Albuquerque and it is a mere 45 minute drive!

Charles Kinbote on