As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best designed video game generic enemy

2»

• Options
    EidoloclastEidoloclast Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Every enemy from Serious Sam. Especially headless (there's a grenadier above, but I think it should be a berserker instead, they're the most distinctive) and this guy:

ssam-20080219-162603.jpg

Kleer skeletons, man. The sound of their hooves, the way they move, that hiss they make as they leap for you... they're just the best. And you can kill any number of them with a shotgun, as long as you never stop dodging them perfectly. There's something very calming--very Zen--about that.

Also they're fucking terrifying, especially in corridors.

Eidoloclast on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    RTS mooks?

A bit big:
    zergling.jpg

The bullet holes in that cracklings wings are a nice touch.

(Yes, I know it's a speedling, it's also a crackling, it has the second set of claws, thus the "attack speed upgrade").

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    poring.png
    41.png

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Chryssalid.gif

Welcome to your nightmare motherfuckers

My heart rate probably rises a good 20 beats per minute or so any time I see a Chryssalid in any form.

Khavall on
  • Options
    DorkmanDorkman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Every enemy from Serious Sam. Especially headless (there's a grenadier above, but I think it should be a berserker instead, they're the most distinctive) and this guy:

ssam-20080219-162603.jpg

Kleer skeletons, man. The sound of their hooves, the way they move, that hiss they make as they leap for you... they're just the best. And you can kill any number of them with a shotgun, as long as you never stop dodging them perfectly. There's something very calming--very Zen--about that.

Also they're fucking terrifying, especially in corridors.

Being a 40k fan, I always picture this being exactly what a Hormagaunt would be like. Minus the projectiles of course.

Either way, yeah...they are fun

Dorkman on
    Poke Black 2 FC: 0390 6923 7158
  • Options
    schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    poring.png

I'm pretty sure the Poring is the only reason my friends were able to get me to play that game so much. Somehow this little pink slime guy following me around (we called him Mister Jelly) was totally endearing. Of course I could handle only so much grinding, and that game even on a fast server is ridiculous, but whatever... long live Mister Jelly!

Lately, my generic video game enemies that I love to hate are the damned pigs from Angry Birds. There's not much to them, but the way they smirk when you don't managed to kill them at the end of the level always gives me motivation enough to try again!

schmads on
    Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Metool

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Xenogear_0001Xenogear_0001 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    metroid1.jpg

For real. Maybe not generic, seeing as how they're the namesake of the games they're found in, but still a common enemy.

Xenogear_0001 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    walldb.png

LewieP on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    metroid1.jpg

For real. Maybe not generic, seeing as how they're the namesake of the games they're found in, but still a common enemy.

That's a good picture of a metroid.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Afraid-Soldier.gif

Goddamn amazing personalities for an enemy that you get to kill a couple hundred for a quarter.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    met_kidicarus222.bmp

Just Some Dude on
    Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2010
    If you guys wonder why poll threads aren't allowed look to the post above as to why.

A duck! on
This discussion has been closed.