As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Comics Solicits for November 2010

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Graphic Violence
Full Solicits

Highlights:

-Tomasi and Gleason take over B&R

-Nguyen on Batgirl

-Superboy #1 launches, excellent Albuquerque cover:

SBv2_Cv1.jpg

Lowlights

-Fill-in on Sirens #17

-Superman is still being written by JMS

-The Dark Knight Launches, and I get a vibe similar to Todd McFarlane's Spider-Man series with how the first arc is solicited

-Keith Giffen has to draw Didio's Outsiders.

TexiKen on

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Secret Six has what may possibly be the best comic book cover of all time.

Munch on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is Geoff Johns Earth-1 Batman book on that solicit list?

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Munch wrote: »

You are so right, Munch. So right.

SSIX_Cv27.jpg

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    the reprint of Green Lantern/Flash: Faster Friends is great news. i've been looking for that mini-series for a long time with no luck.

Rans on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ohh, neato, those DC Presents reprint collections sound pretty rad. That might be how I'll get my Superman fix for awhile.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They're reprinting some good stuff in those 4-issue collections, definitely pick them up, that was the good era of Superman.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just noticed the Madame Xanadu solit said it was a series finale. That's disappointing to learn, it's been one of my favorite series for a while now.

Zaylenz on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »

SSIX_Cv27.jpg

And this right here would cause Batman to crap himself inside out in fear

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zaylenz wrote: »
    Just noticed the Madame Xanadu solit said it was a series finale. That's disappointing to learn, it's been one of my favorite series for a while now.

Yeah it really sucks. Especially since the only reason it's getting cancelled is because Didio wants Madame Xanadu to be part of the DCU again. So that probably mean she'll get a couple of cameos and that's about it. I have no idea why Didio/DC continually try to get their hands on more and more characters to shove into the DCU when they can't even handle their current ones properly. Those new characters just end up being pushed back into the background once their books aren't successful, alongside 99% of the other characters DC owns. It's a never ending cycle.

Anyway, yay finally the last Planetary and Blue Beetle trades.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Darth NatDarth Nat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This sounds like a good month, especially for the Bat-books. Can we just skip ahead to November and forget all this "Road Home" nonsense in October?

Also, so I can continue sounding like a broken record, I guess Cass is gonna finally return in Red Robin:
    RED ROBIN #17
    Written by FABIAN NICIEZA
    Art and cover by MARCUS TO & RAY MCCARTHY
    How does the return of Bruce Wayne and the beginning of Batman, Inc. work into Red Robin’s plan to initiate an international stranglehold on crime? If Batman approves of everything Red Robin has set in motion, what will he do when his protégé decides to release the gang-leader-and-maybe-undercover-cop Lynx from prison? And guess which surprise guest star you’ll see when Red Robin takes a quick trip to Hong Kong!

So excited.

Darth Nat on
  • Options
    JoJoHoraHoraJoJoHoraHora ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »

SSIX_Cv27.jpg

And this right here would cause Batman to crap himself inside out in fear

Or piss himself, and then we'd get Kevin Smith explaining that it's just the body's natural reaction to seeing a T-rex.

Which is probably true.

JoJoHoraHora on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I see Bane is about to gain his kingdom with his own hands. Good for him.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Good TPB releases this month: Booster Gold, Fables, Sweet Tooth. I'm sad to see Madame Xanadu end though.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I wonder if Tony Daniel's inking himself on that Batman cover. There's some really neat brushwork going on there.

Munch on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2010
    I wonder if Tony Daniel's inking himself on that Batman cover. There's some really neat brushwork going on there.

if it didn't say it was Tony Daniel I'd swear it was Eddy Barrows

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I guess Bruce is going to be wearing any Bat-outfit he wants or Daniel wasn't given a heads up.

And the blue piping on the Kubert variant for Batman Inc #1 seems weird. It makes the new outfit look more like a space suit.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It looks like Dick Grayson may still be Batman in Tony Daniel's Batman comic.

Also, while I do like to see the variation of colors on Bruce's new suit, it is still a bit annoying when the different artists do not come to an agreement on what color it will be.

Silver_Mage on
  • Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah it looks like Dick will have Batman, Batman and Robin
    Bruce has Batman Inc, Dark Knight and Detective?

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Zaylenz wrote: »

I have no idea why Didio/DC continually try to get their hands on more and more characters to shove into the DCU when they can't even handle their current ones properly.

New characters to feed the rape/death machine. I mean, this is DiDio - Madame Xanadu is probably looking at a 6 issue rape miniseries (written by David Finch) by the end of 2011.

Edit: Also, Superboy needs a new costume. Jesus fucking christ, get him into something other than the t-shirt and jeans.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So amped for Batman Inc.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Edit: Also, Superboy needs a new costume. Jesus fucking christ, get him into something other than the t-shirt and jeans.

I agree. It looks so fucking stupid.

Solar on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Solar wrote: »

I agree. It looks so fucking stupid.

I think it looks fine, until he stands next to any other superhero/villan. Then he's just some jerk in a t-shirt.

I'd love to see him in a mostly black outfit, normal S sheild/Red cape (I still like capes) maybe some dark blue accents/patches to break it up a little. I guess I should take this to the costume thread.

Caveman Paws on