As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

AC Lurker Thread (NSFW)

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man. It wasn't until now that I really got the impression I was being watched here.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It's just like that movie… Congo.

NibCrom on
  • FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    m3nace wrote: »
    Fedora wrote: »
    I will become one of you.

Please don't choose me D:

You have been Chosen

Fedora on
  • KlingersKlingers Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Proudly lurking since 2003.

I took a break from writing SQL reports and looked out my office window... Lo-and-behold, some cretinous, unwashed younger-type-peoples with their welfare dependency and their damn skateboards.

Here's something I scribbled on a post-it in about 30 seconds, snapped with the iPhone and tweeted to myself.
    533r.jpg.

Klingers on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey, me is a AC lurker too! Sometimes I draw. I once* painted a headcrab wearing a tophat. Here it is!
    37396_651421130056_38500097_36234600_3030105_n.jpg

*I mean a few weeks ago.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nice! It reminds me of the Sir Critter t-shirts.
    If there were a line of t-shirts that was the same as Sir Critter but for video game monsters, I would be all over that.

lyrium on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh no! Not Beyond Normal!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I used to lurk here a lot, does that count?

Actually, I was active around 2003/2004 but mostly in the chat thread at the time.

Now I just lurk everywhere and post sometimes in other sub-forums.

Noxy on
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Oh no! Not Beyond Normal!

You...

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • wanderlikewanderlike Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey, me is a AC lurker too! Sometimes I draw. I once* painted a headcrab wearing a tophat. Here it is!

*I mean a few weeks ago.

My oh my. That headcrab could certainly add some culture to my face. If only he could do so without digging his claws into my flesh. Sigh.

wanderlike on
    More nerd than you'll ever need. Period.

http://www.thenerdempire.net
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey, lurkers! Hi lurkers!

Flay on
  • EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    AC was the first forum I lurked until I found out that SE++ isn't as much of a madhouse than I had originally thought.
    Soooooooo, I write music. Mainly been for MSPA lately.
    stats.png

stats.png

So, uh, yeah. I'm watching you guys.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • MakunouchiMakunouchi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've been lurking here for about 5-6 years, I used to have an account but I totally forgot all of the details so I had to make this new one.

I originally came here off the back of the Penny Arcade webcomic, just to look at the cool pictures. I remember being amazed by the work of people like Waka and DMAC (I think that's the right name), and McGibbs - I must have read his Locust comic about a hundred times ^^

Then I forgot about this forum for a couple of years and have come back recently after resolving to teach myself to draw, just messing about with pens and pencils at the moment, practising as much as possible. Sadly I can't afford all these anatomy books and such that I know would help me out a lot, but I just draw whatever I can and stick with it. Once I get a job I guess I will be able to afford such things but have less time in which to use them! Such is life.

Anyway here's some stuff I've drawn, just taken with a camera I'm afraid as I don't have access to a scanner, sorry.

Just drawing my legs whilst wearing some incredibly old jeans:
    36485719.th.jpg

A line drawing or whatever of my cat, and the picture I used, I was just practising simplifying it down as much as I could whilst keeping the features:
    15531562.th.jpg

dsc02744g.th.jpg

A little drawing of a friend of mine, again just trying to capture the features, messed up the distance between the eyes, but learnt a bit doing it:
    85423586.th.jpg

Drew this completely from a reference, I know it's not very helpful to learn anything but I just wanted to draw something cool:
    25716499.th.jpg

Anyway I'm just going to go back to lurking and drawing dynamic poses of athletes and ballerinas and stuff until I get much better, then I'll start posting regularly.

Oh, and this is by far the best forum I have ever lurked or posted on, every single person here is great. it's rare to find such a friendly, helpful and positive group of people on the internet.

Makunouchi on
  • MossMoss Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll lurk you!

Moss on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I lurk here and read a bunch of threads but my opinion on anything except for music would be pretty useless, so I stay pretty quiet

We really need more music threads here

joshofalltrades on
  • wanderlikewanderlike Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I lurk here and read a bunch of threads but my opinion on anything except for music would be pretty useless, so I stay pretty quiet

I see that in a lot of forums, too. There are plenty of visual and writing sections, but music pretty much has to be put with general music discussions. And it's tough for people who want other people to hear their stuff to compete with clips from established artists that usually fill those boards.

That being said, I know nothing about music - but I did notice that.

wanderlike on
    More nerd than you'll ever need. Period.

http://www.thenerdempire.net
  • TDevTDev Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I would lurk music threads. I'm lurking your Folk/Irish CD thread right now... In a completely non creepy way >.>

TDev on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TDev wrote: »

I would lurk music threads. I'm lurking your Folk/Irish CD thread right now... In a completely non creepy way >.>

It's all consensual, you don't have to be so stealthy, but it does kind of turn me on

joshofalltrades on
  • TDevTDev Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TDev wrote: »

It's all consensual, you don't have to be so stealthy, but it does kind of turn me on

uh oh
    uhoh.jpg?psid=1

TDev on
  • trednistrednis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    long time lurker...

I make these in paint when I get bored at work. they take a few minutes each:

th_thingie78.jpg th_thingie69.jpg

th_thingie8.jpg th_thingie130.jpg

th_thingie141.jpg th_thingie67.jpg

(hopes these display correctly)

edit: apparently you can look at a handful that I put in the album.

trednis on
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ive been lurking with limited success for a bit while trying to get better, working on quick faces

img019.jpg

farbekrieg on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Not bad farbekrieg, keep working on drawing basic shapes too. Drawing perfect sphere's will help you when drawing the structure of the noggin.

Mustang on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    where my se++ bros at

i know y'all are watchin

mensch-o-matic on
  • ubernekouberneko Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I sometimes take photos. They usually turn out blurry and out of focus. I should stop using my point-and-shoot and start using one of my SLRs again.

4864160583_2be732f73d_z.jpg
    4864777518_461bf789b9_z.jpg
    4864777046_9542df6bff_z.jpg
    4864776630_38639421e0_z.jpg
    4847339774_b0a42b1752_z.jpg

uberneko on
  • lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    When I was scrolling at a glance I saw the picture of vegetables and of the front of the grocery to be the same image, so in my mind it was a store that had these gigantic vegetable stocked up like that and I thought it was really delightful.

lyrium on
    edited August 2010
    That's actually for the exotic dancers.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • Silvestri99Silvestri99 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I thought the veggies and store pic were the same one as well. It would actually work well... maybe even sandwich in another produce pic below the stores? Nice work!

Silvestri99 on
    edited August 2010
    I thought the veggies and store pic were the same one as well. It would actually work well... maybe even sandwich in another produce pic below the stores? Nice work!

This is the only other one I have :(

4864777670_b13a95a6ca_z.jpg

My flickr is here by the way. My point-and-shoot recently ran out of batteries, or it finally bit the bullet, so I have to buy batteries for it before I take more photos. I just moved to Portland, OR from Glendale, AZ and I am enjoying all the new opportunities. I am going to start using my SLRs more though, since I think my point-and-shoot doesn't auto-focus properly, and because I haven't used them in quite a while.

uberneko on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Either the colors in that photo are screwy, or those vegetables need to be tossed.

MKR on
    edited August 2010
    Definitely the colors, as the vegetables were good!

uberneko on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lurkin' on the lurkers in the lurker thread

the tables have turned

NightDragon on
    edited August 2010

the tables have turned

Oh dear. Soon we'll all be systematically lurked to the point that an endless cycle of people watching people is formed.
    The Ouroboros Lurking Complex, if you will.

EidolonOrpheus on
  • MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lurk. Lurk lurk.

I post occasionally in the chat thread. I drew some avatars for the avatar thread but I missed the boat on genderbending.
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    hey
    so
    I drawed these folk last night
    unfortunately they are not gender-bent

o91e09.jpg
    clockwise from topleft
    angel of bacon, DR, fletcher, m3nace, flay
    also I am more unartable than Ace Jon

I may eventually post a thread of the many varied things I do for school.

uberneko wrote: »
    Definitely the colors, as the vegetables were good!

setting your camera's white balance correctly (probably to 'incandescent' in this case) can help with that.
    I think.

Molybdenum on
    Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

the tables have turned

Oh dear. Soon we'll all be systematically lurked to the point that an endless cycle of people watching people is formed.
    The Ouroboros Lurking Complex, if you will.

I like to call it a circle-lurk.

HugmasterGeneral on
    edited August 2010
    Molybdenum wrote: »
    setting your camera's white balance correctly (probably to 'incandescent' in this case) can help with that.
    I think.

I would have if I could, it is a point-and-shoot 35mm camera.

uberneko on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In that instance white balance is determined by the type of film you use.

Mustang on
  • cleriseclerise Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    herro. lurker checkin in. Lots of things hiding in spoiler tags below!
    070910.jpg

071710.jpg

072110.jpg

072610.png

072910.jpg

072810.png

080110.jpg

081410.png

081510.png

I know I'm a bit desu, but am working on. Recently undertook a draw a day for a year challenge and am about a month or so in, I think. /goes back to hiding!

clerise on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I lurk both lurkers and non-lurkers in equal measure.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • jpegjpeg ODIE, YOUR FACE Scenic Illinois FlatlandsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Semi-lurker REPRE-SENT.

I post infrequently. I should just make a thread again and get it over with.

jpeg on
    so I just type in this box and it goes on the screen?
  • Mr. MaxwellMr. Maxwell Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Cutest puppy seal ever. I caught my self humming Frank Zappa while looking at the pic.

"Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow."

Mr. Maxwell on