As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MW2/BLOPS: Campaign trailer out - You should know what to do with your pants by now

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    redhamuSLA wrote: »
    Wait. So, this is the NEW thread we're using? The other has been left for good? Just checking.

Yes. Threads are only allowed to reach 100 pages (due to page loading times). After that a new thread is created. This in like the 6th or 7th thread I think.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hibernus wrote: »
    I don't understand how you guys find DC as annoying as burst rifles.

At least when the tuber misses the first shot you've got enough time to kill him four times over before he can fire again.
    FAMAS/M16 guy just pulls the trigger again =(

Edit: I'd also (mildly) argue that outside of mortaring the poor people who keep running past the humvee on Afghan, hitting someone with a 203 takes (ever so slightly) more skill than the point and click adventure that is burst fire.

Tubes override latency issues. Whenever I'm laggy, as referenced here, I cannot use a 3-burst weapon, knives, or anything that takes 4 shots or more to kill. The only time lag hurts me when tubing is when they kill me "before" I fire the tube.

So while 3 burst weapons may be "easier" than non burst weapons, tubes are the easiest weapon to use in the game.

Why do you think people use tubes so much? Few of my deaths in any game are because of a 3-burst weapon, just look at my videos.

It goes

Tubes,
    Knives, UMPS, QWIKZKOPZ,

The rest.

belligerent on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Welp, just went 46-3-3 on Bailout. Got two AC130s, felt pretty good.

DAT RAFFICA and DAT UMP

(feel kind of cheap but hey a K : D of slightly over 15:1 is pretty good, right?)

Senshi on
  • Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    im not gonna lie, i dont feel dirty using my ump, cuz i pair it with a silencer and either LW/CB. and i know scat, "SP doesnt add anything to the ump anyway," but still.

and im at the precipice of prestige/dont prestige. ive finished challenges for sleight of hand, scav, bling, SP, CB, steady aim, ninja, and commando. so im moving on to OMA (which ive never used before), DC, and last stand.

I have my OMA/DC build:
    SCAR w/ tube
    RPG
    sextex

AND I HATE IT I FEEL SO CHEAP.

so if i prestige again, i could save myself from the shame...

edit: and i must totally suck with the tube cuz i still get hit markers all of the time

TheSecretSeventh on
    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    1. LW and CB + a silencer is the ONLy way to use a UMP. Or Hardline, I guess.
    2. You can't have RPG's on an OMA class.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    BraincowBraincow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    1. LW and CB + a silencer is the ONLy way to use a UMP. Or Hardline, I guess.
    2. You can't have RPG's on an OMA class.

pwn'd

Braincow on
    Brainchow.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    im not gonna lie, i dont feel dirty using my ump, cuz i pair it with a silencer and either LW/CB. and i know scat, "SP doesnt add anything to the ump anyway," but still.

and im at the precipice of prestige/dont prestige. ive finished challenges for sleight of hand, scav, bling, SP, CB, steady aim, ninja, and commando. so im moving on to OMA (which ive never used before), DC, and last stand.

I have my OMA/DC build:
    SCAR w/ tube
    RPG
    sextex

AND I HATE IT I FEEL SO CHEAP.

so if i prestige again, i could save myself from the shame...

edit: and i must totally suck with the tube cuz i still get hit markers all of the time

I got my OMA icon by creating an OMA class, starting every round as that class, and then immediately changing to a different class. Even after you change classes it still counts your kills towards the OMA challenge. Bonus points because you could OMA into a Marathon class and level both of them at the same time.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    OMA usually fucks me over more often than it helps. Keeping track of where your team is and where they're spawning is a huge PITA and it's extremely easy to get flanked while using it. Not quite an offset to having infinite high-explosives, but it's something.

In a completely unrelated note, check out my sweet new truck.
    imag0002x.jpg

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Shiny.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Shiny.

Rides really well, quiet too.

Fixing that last part with some glasspacks though.
    imag0002x.jpg

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    cool truck, bro

Senshi on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    you're such a Texan, Scat.

pretty frickin nice, though.

twmjr on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That summer job really paid off!

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hahahaha. Glasspacks.

I haven't heard someone say that in so long. Also, what the fuck? Aren't you 16? My truck when I was 16 cost like $500.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    DrDreidelDrDreidel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hahahaha. Glasspacks.

I haven't heard someone say that in so long. Also, what the fuck? Aren't you 16? My truck when I was 16 cost like $500.

I'm still driving the '99 Corolla I got when I was 16 after grandmother stopped driving. I'm 25 now.

DrDreidel on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    DrDreidel wrote: »
    Hahahaha. Glasspacks.

I'm still driving the '99 Corolla I got when I was 16 after grandmother stopped driving. I'm 25 now.

Same boat for me, '97 Eagle Vision, 25 years old, but I'm also about to sign a lease probably before the end of the month.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    DrDreidel wrote: »
    Hahahaha. Glasspacks.

Same boat for me, '97 Eagle Vision, 25 years old, but I'm also about to sign a lease probably before the end of the month.

I'm also just about 25 (Friday...yay insurance drop) but thankfully not driving my first car...an 87 Chevy Corsica with no AC or power anything but more than enough dents and scrapes. I bought a car soon after I got my full-time job, but I commute an hour each way and haven't moved out yet so...(cheap rent, hey-yo).

twmjr on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    1991 Chevy lumina lasted me 10 years, Got it in 96 after working my ass off for the 2k it cost. Then I got a used plymouth breeze.

Now I own a Cobalt. Amerhikuh for the win. Did you buy that yourself, Scat?

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I've gone through several cars since that one. 1981 Chevy 1500 --> 1970 Chevy Chevelle --> 1994 Ford Exploder --> 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R --> 2006 Kawasaki ZX6R --> 2001 Nissan Xterra.

I still have the Chevelle. And the Xterra has 145k miles on it and still runs really well.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yay for cars made when you could still look under the hood and see a goddamned engine. Now it's plastic covers on top of urrythang.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry to interrupt the truck love-in but here's some new rumors
    In Episode 17 of Painkiller Already, Woody reveals some more of his contact’s leaked intel. Although it is not as large of a list, there are some very interesting things to note. According to Woody’s source:

>The perk Stopping Power will not be returning

>The perk Juggernaut, seen in Call of Duty 4 and World at War, will be returning

>The Pave Low killstreak reward from Modern Warfare 2 will be returning

>The Chopper Gunner killstreak reward from Modern Warfare 2 will be returning

>Tactical Insertions, the piece of equipment from Modern Warfare 2 allowing players to choose their respawn point, will be returning.

Calling bullshit on the chopper gunner and tact insert.

Past Rumors Confirmed

>UAV killstreak reward returned
    >Helicopter killstreak reward visible during trailer
    >Care Package killstreak reward returned
    >The FAMAS will return in fully automatic firing mode
    >A member of the M16 family of rifles will return
    >The ballistic knife will be featured
    >Sprint to Prone gameplay mechanic will be featured

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    redhamuSLAredhamuSLA Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes. Threads are only allowed to reach 100 pages (due to page loading times). After that a new thread is created. This in like the 6th or 7th thread I think.

O i c. Thx.
    last stand.

LOLZ. I loved getting my C4 while in LS emblem. (^_-)b Oh! If you haven't done the challenge before, I highly recommend using Akimbo pistols of some kind. IIRC, Akimbo raffica's work. Shieeeet. I can't remember. I did it such a long time ago and it was the only time. Sowy if I've given incorrect information. (>_<)

redhamuSLA on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sorry to interrupt the truck love-in but here's some new rumors
    In Episode 17 of Painkiller Already, Woody reveals some more of his contact’s leaked intel. Although it is not as large of a list, there are some very interesting things to note. According to Woody’s source:

>The perk Stopping Power will not be returning

>The perk Juggernaut, seen in Call of Duty 4 and World at War, will be returning

>The Pave Low killstreak reward from Modern Warfare 2 will be returning

>The Chopper Gunner killstreak reward from Modern Warfare 2 will be returning

>Tactical Insertions, the piece of equipment from Modern Warfare 2 allowing players to choose their respawn point, will be returning.

Calling bullshit on the chopper gunner and tact insert.

Past Rumors Confirmed

>UAV killstreak reward returned
    >Helicopter killstreak reward visible during trailer
    >Care Package killstreak reward returned
    >The FAMAS will return in fully automatic firing mode
    >A member of the M16 family of rifles will return
    >The ballistic knife will be featured
    >Sprint to Prone gameplay mechanic will be featured

Look, if they chunk deathstreaks in the trash, I won't care about the rest of it

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    dolphindiving has pretty much killed what little hope I had for this unfortunately. If I wanted to play a game with diving I'd play AHL

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    dolphindiving has pretty much killed what little hope I had for this unfortunately. If I wanted to play a game with diving I'd play AHL

Yeah, so far that's probably the thing that has me most worried.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yay for cars made when you could still look under the hood and see a goddamned engine. Now it's plastic covers on top of urrythang.

You can see this one's clear as day. My dad and I were debating putting a 460 with a diesel turbo in it, ~600 HP and 800 lb-ft of torque, but we'd get 8 MPG max out of it.

And no, I didn't buy it. My mom pretty much was like "I don't like any of the used cars we were looking at and the F-150 is the safest full-size truck on the road, so we're getting that"

I was waging a war for this thing, a 1995 Lightning that my dad has
    000_0687.JPG

But dear mother said "fuck that"

ANYWAYS this is a successfully derailed thread, so how bout dem UMPs?

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    shorttiminshorttimin regular Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm trying to figure out what they think the counterpoint to Juggernaut will be. AP rounds as an attachment? Getting better at dolphindiving for those few extra seconds to avoid a juggernaut players fire?

Of course, now we get to have dolphindiving, juggernaut using, full auto FAMAS geese. Unless one of the perks is allowing me to delete other players accounts, I have a hard time picturing any fun to be had.

shorttimin on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If stopping power isn't in the game, why would you use anything other than Juggernaut? Of the historic red perks from the games, what would you use other than juggernaut, including MW2 perks?

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    If stopping power isn't in the game, why would you use anything other than Juggernaut? Of the historic red perks from the games, what would you use other than juggernaut, including MW2 perks?

There's no fucking way SP isn't in the game in some way, be it attachment or equipment in the form of a special type of bullet (ballistic tipped/hollow points?)

If this is true, which if Treyarch has any semblance of intelligence it is not, then they've made a mistake the size of fucking VY Canis Majoris. Everyone hates boosters, and the only reason boosting exists is because of TIs.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

There's no fucking way SP isn't in the game in some way, be it attachment or equipment in the form of a special type of bullet (ballistic tipped/hollow points?)

If this is true, which if Treyarch has any semblance of intelligence it is not, then they've made a mistake the size of fucking VY Canis Majoris.

What's so bad about tac inserts? They seem situationally useful, but generally one of the grenades or claymores seem much more useful.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't have a car because I'm a loser
    On-topic: I thought you could still boost in 4, it just took longer/more planning

glithert on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    TIs make boosting way too easy without providing enough actual usefulness to be kept around.

twmjr on
  • Options
    slurpeekillaslurpeekilla Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tac inserts at least have some use in objective gametypes, but if Treyarch wants to prevent extreme levels of boosting like are present in MW2, I would think they would seriously consider leaving them out. The return of Juggernaut is bad enough.

if tac inserts are definitely in and the auto-win nuke returns, I will most definitely never touch Blops's MP.

slurpeekilla on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh, right. I forgot about boosters. I play so little FFA that I removed them from my memory. In any other gamemode, they're impact on gameplay is fairly insignificant.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pretty sure they said the nuke was bad idea on day one. I don't think they'll leave it in.
    Although it would make more thematic sense with this one...

glithert on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    glithert wrote: »
    Pretty sure they said the nuke was bad idea on day one. I don't think they'll leave it in.

25 kills is a fine number as long as killstreaks can't build off of one another. The fact that as soon as you get to 7 you're pretty much guaranteed a nuke is what makes them such huge clusterfucks.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

25 kills is a fine number as long as killstreaks can't build off of one another. The fact that as soon as you get to 7 you're pretty much guaranteed a nuke is what makes them such huge clusterfucks.

Yeah, if you can get to 25 without the aid of any of the other KSs, you probably deserve a win-button. Either that or you should be forcibly castrated for cheating/boosting.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Yeah, if you can get to 25 without the aid of any of the other KSs, you probably deserve a win-button. Either that or you should be forcibly castrated for cheating/boosting.

Again, keep a method of guaranteeing a spawn position out of the game and 90% of boosting will disappear.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010

You can see this one's clear as day. My dad and I were debating putting a 460 with a diesel turbo in it, ~600 HP and 800 lb-ft of torque, but we'd get 8 MPG max out of it.

And no, I didn't buy it. My mom pretty much was like "I don't like any of the used cars we were looking at and the F-150 is the safest full-size truck on the road, so we're getting that"

[IMG][/IMG]

Thread derails (unlike the map!) are fun...

That said, the early 21st century Lightning is still one of my favorite vehicles ever. Mmm.

MayGodHaveMercy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

[IMG][/IMG]

Thread derails (unlike the map!) are fun...

That said, the early 21st century Lightning is still one of my favorite vehicles ever. Mmm.

Dad also had one of those. Model year 2000.
    3093-5300-130633.jpg

He's had it going 137 flat out down a country road. In a horribly ironic event, where it was in a garage next to his trailer at Lake Texoma, it was damaged pretty badly by a fire. The cause of said fire?

A bolt of lightning.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png