As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 8-18-10: Killed Him, Too

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Graphic Violence
Marvel Universe vs. the Punisher #2, Maberry should take over the Deadpool series from Way. And how do you kill a symbiote?

muvp2a.jpg

muvp2b.jpg

muvp2c.jpg

TexiKen on

• DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Its a pain but you have to accept the easy kills of the Hulk and Venom I guess. Looks fun still, will have to try and find a copy.

DarkWarrior on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'm amazed that what followed the phrase, "Hey, look who's here. Warden Cripple," in Thunderbolts wasn't the first entry in this thread.

Munch on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Munch do I need to read Avengers Academy first before Thunderbolts? Or does Parker do a good enough job setting it up?

TexiKen on
    edited August 2010
    Nah, it stands alone just fine. They deal with the jailbreak side of things, but don't really address what caused it, which I assume is covered in Avengers Academy.

Munch on
    edited August 2010
    So I bought Avengers Academy for nothin' then? Wotta rip!

But having read #147, Walker is so much better than Rogers, you can't even compare them anymore (for those of you not converted to the church of Walker, all will be well). Look at this:

tb147a.jpg

tb147b.jpg

tb147z-Copy.jpg

tb147z.jpg

TexiKen on
  • Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hot Damn.

Linespider5 on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Legacy :(

Bloods End on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    can we at least get Walker a peg leg

Antimatter on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Woo yea USAgent!

Also Punisher looks great. Definately picking that up.

Solar on
    edited August 2010
    I just like how Kev Walker drew that fight scene rather well in terms of movement; it looks like something someone with one leg could do.

And in those pages were also Cage and Songbird fighting baddies, but I clipped them because they weren't as good as Walker's scene (Cage's reminded me of that "Hal! Fucking! Jordan!" meme where he beats up the Air Force Colonel.

But this was a nice page where Cage faces an old friend, literally:

tb147l.jpg

TexiKen on
    edited August 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I just like how Kev Walker drew that fight scene rather well in terms of movement; it looks like something someone with one leg could do.

You mean the wild hurling himself at them? I liked that too, he looked ungainly and wild yet dangerou at the same time. Very nice artwork there.

Solar on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    He just caves that face in.

Thunderbolts was pretty awesome this week.

Also awesome: Secret Avengers.

Sharp101 on
    edited August 2010
    I'm just impressed that Walker pulled off Guile's flash kick with only one leg.

Munch on
    edited August 2010
    He could do a Sonic Boom with one hand too.

TexiKen on
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Immonen's art in New Avengers was my MOTW. Especially the Iron Fist scenes for some reason.

The story's okay, Spiderman and Thing banter I enjoyed, but a lot of it in the first few pages of the battle scenes I just glazed over. Shame to cover the art with so many word balloons.

noir_blood on
    edited August 2010
    Tiny Titans #31 was an all Super-family issue. It didn't have as much Krypto as I thought (Beppo gets his own story though!), but still charming:

tt31a.jpg

tt31b.jpg

Might be the best story with Match in it yet.

TexiKen on
    edited August 2010
    Liked this scene from Deadpool

dp26009.jpg
    dp26010.jpg
    dp26011.jpg
    dp26012.jpg

DarkWarrior on
  • DreamonDreamon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The thing with deadpool and G Rider's Gaze is:
    He had only seen things through his very own eyes. Which probably means the only person he actually wronged is himself.

Dreamon on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My moment:
    T-Bolts, when Cage was literally shouting "say my name!" as he beat the fuck out of inmates. I also liked it after Walker laid the smackdown some scared inmate is bringing him his chair.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    edited August 2010
    Age of Heroes #4
    2e1u2ra.jpg

I seem to recall some dude on these forums arguing endlessly with me about how Cloud 9's transformation into a murderous sniper was meant by Slott to be a positive thing, showing that she had put childish things behind her to become a contributing member of society, at the expense of her own happiness.

To that dude, I say, "Haha. I was right. You were wrong. Haha."

Munch on
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Liked this scene from Deadpool
    dp26009.jpg
    dp26010.jpg
    dp26011.jpg
    dp26012.jpg

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
    edited August 2010
    Munch wrote: »
    Age of Heroes #4
    2e1u2ra.jpg

I seem to recall some dude on these forums arguing endlessly with me about how Cloud 9's transformation into a murderous sniper was meant by Slott to be a positive thing, showing that she had put childish things behind her to become a contributing member of society, at the expense of her own happiness.

We're going to get a scene in a year where she has PTSD and goes on a shooting spree, I can already see that.

TexiKen on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would rebel just for having to wear that terrible helmet.

Fencingsax on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wait, the Director of SHIELD gets to revoke US federal law?

Wildcat on
    edited August 2010
    SHIELD's authority has become really nebulous ever since Civil War.

Munch on
    edited August 2010
    Cap should bust her for littering.

DarkWarrior on
  • HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Wait, the Director of SHIELD gets to revoke US federal law?

They first said the President "threw it out" at the end of Siege. Which also makes no sense, because a law that's already been passed can only be repealed by Congress or invalidated by the Supreme Court for being unconstitutional.

Basically Marvel is being dumb.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They didn't say the President threw it out. It was repealed by Congress but they didn't show it because no one wants 24 pages of exciting legislature action

Furu on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Munch wrote: »
    Age of Heroes #4
    2e1u2ra.jpg

We're going to get a scene in a year where she has PTSD and goes on a shooting spree, I can already see that.

Meanwhile, Steve is shocked by how quickly she managed to take her clothes off.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited August 2010
    It's her secondary mutation.

Also, I like that the SHRA was repealed, but nobody bothered to tell anyone about it. Turns out Steve's really good at throwing his shield at Nazis, but kind of crappy at filing paperwork.

Munch on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    They didn't say the President threw it out. It was repealed by Congress but they didn't show it because no one wants 24 pages of exciting legislature action

Sez you.

Wildcat on
    edited August 2010
    The ending of the whole division between supers about the registration act and it egtting repealed has been handled really badly by Marvel, IMHO, but that was a really nice moment and I like the Cloud 9 got the chance to do what she wanted again.

Solar on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am really, really happy about that Cloud 9 moment

Antimatter on
    edited August 2010
    Has any comic said yet what the new SHIELD Rogers is running is called? It's kind of just floating out there.

TexiKen on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't believe there is one. The Avengers as a whole have replaced SHIELD.

Furu on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2010
    ex machina #50

Garlic Bread on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Solar wrote: »
    The ending of the whole division between supers about the registration act and it getting repealed has been handled really badly by Marvel, IMHO, but that was a really nice moment and I like the Cloud 9 got the chance to do what she wanted again.

Has the whole conflict ever been depicted well?

Fencingsax on
    edited August 2010
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    The ending of the whole division between supers about the registration act and it getting repealed has been handled really badly by Marvel, IMHO, but that was a really nice moment and I like the Cloud 9 got the chance to do what she wanted again.

Has the whole conflict ever been depicted well?

Not really no.

Solar on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know, I read Hulk lastnight and I actually liked it...

The end there with the Hulk Facility and banner talking to Steve was great. I'm glad to have smart hulk back.

I wonder if this is setting up a status quo for the movie... I might be interesting to see a Live Action Smart Hulk...

Sharp101 on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So what was the point of this weeks Deadpool?
    Ghost Rider gives him the penance stare and he has a flashback to becoming Deadpool. That's it. Is there some hidden meaning and i'm just being dense?

Karl on