As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[One Piece] His dream has changed but innuendo is forever

King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
edited April 2011 in Debate and/or Discourse
THE ONE PIECE - *smack!
Give me that!

20100226203434!Emporio_Ivankov_Thumbnail.PNG

Hello Candyboys! It's me Queen Ivankov the miracle worker! I'm here to work my miracles on all of you and make this thread the New-newkamaland! .

I'm not doing that at all!

Chorus: You got us again!

Now sit tight my forumer boys ( if you're not a boy I can fix that !) so I cannot tell you of one little Rubber boy and his quest for ADVENTURE!

I'VA CHANGED MY MIND

Chorus: You worked in a pun too!

-
( borrowed with some devil fruit alterations from Xenogear of Bore's Op)

What is One Piece?

One Piece is a manga written by a lunatic named Oda boy. He ate the Oda-Oda fruit and can write to a distance of no more than 250 Odaodas, which is still pretty impressive considering your average write can't handle more than 5 or 6. It's about:

Pirates -
Inspired by the death of Gold Roger piurates have taken to the sea in search of their dreams .
One Piece follows the Straw hat Pirates . A group of men and women intent on their dreams and adventure.

Monkey D. Luffy- Captian , Idiot, Rubberman. When the tough gets going he punches them. He's going to be the king of the Pirates

Rorona Zoro- A man who uses three swords. One goes in his mouth. He is destined to get lost where ever he goes. Second Mate and on track to be the greatest Swordsman in the world which is coincidentally his dream

Nami- Master theif,Scrooge Mcduck, and Navigator of awesomeness. Her Dream is to map the world.
Events in her past make her stingy with money. This is all for the best since the Strawhats would be destitute without her.

Usopp- King of lies and commander of 1 billion men. Crack Sniper. His dream is to be a pirate and meet his father one the sea

Sanji- Lover of food. Wants to be lover of women. Any woman. Under 40 of course.
Master chef with the black leg of death. He wishes to see the All blue a sea containing every fish in the world.

Tony-Tony Chopper - A man-reindeer. He's a doctor and mascot of the crew. Also their emergency rations. His dream is to cure any illness. Chopper has the coolest Dad ever.

Nico Robin - She can sprout her body parts anywhere ( we don't know the exact limits but odds are she could make a double of herself if she wanted) and she's an archaeologist. She hates giant robots of coolness. Her dream is kind of spoileriffc. Rest assured it is a tear jerker.

Franky - SUPER ! Cola Powered Cyborg. Shipwright. Man we all aspire to be. His dream also ruins a cool moment so it won't be here.

Brook - Musician, Gentleman, Slash from U2. Brook is all of these things. He can hardly keep his talents straight in his brain. Oh he doesn't have a brain because he's a skeleton Yohoho!
Brooks Dream is to return to a special friend.

strawhatpirates.jpg

Marines - They uphold "Justice" because it's written on the back of their jackets. The cops to the pirates robbers. At least they look good doing it. Pretty even split between people just trying to uphold the peace (and get their ass kicked by pirates) and giant douche bags working for the giant assholes who run the World Government (and usually kick the pirates' ass)
sengoku.jpg

Dreams - People have them. If you're a bad guy, Luffy crushes your dream. It's a fate worse than death.
Eneru.jpg

Adventure - Pirates and adventure is like peanut butter and jelly.

The manga is released in the US by Viz. They do an okay job. Before this year started they were at the end of Alabasta, but now they are releasing six or seven volumes a month every month for the entire year. This should put them only about a year behind when 2011 comes around, not bad considering right now they are close to seven or eight years behind! Translation is inconsistent between volumes though. Primarily because they had multiple teams of translators working on each story arc. It's little things but it can be annoying . Also if you like the song Bink's Sake be aware of oncoming rage.

I Hear There is an Anime.

Sure is. A darn good one too. Without it you couldn't get [strike]horrible[/strike] awesome AMVs like this one:

Anyways, the anime is really good. Watch the new subtitled episode for free each week on Saturday at Nine PM Eastern at www.onepieceofficial.com They also have the first 100+ episodes up either subtitled or dubbed. The dub is really good if you're into that sort of thing.

Frequently Asked Questions:

(Submissions asked for and gladly accepted.)

Question: Is there a ninety second clip, easily available on youtube that perfectly describes what One Piece is all about?

Answer: Yes there is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OrMqQP_oDk

Question:When do you think a person dies?

Answer:

When a bullet from a pistol pierces his heart? No.
When he's attacked by an incurable disease? No.
When he eats a soup of deadly poisonous mushrooms?

No!

chopperflag.png

A man dies when people forget him!

Question: Will the dreams of man ever die?

Answer:
Also a big no to this one!

Question: What happens if you get greedy and eat more than one Devil Fruit?

Answer:
YOU EXPLODE.

Does everything on Luffy Stretch? And I mean, everything.

Answer:
You betcha. Even his clothes. Also every other part of his personage, confirmed by the man himself in one of his earlier reader submitted Q&A sessions. These are included in every volume of OP and are sometimes better than the issues contained within, and the issues are usually really good.

Question:Where is Sniper Island?

Answer:
In your hearts!

So there you have it ! A wonderful guide into the world of an okama candy boys!

I'VE COMPLETELY CHANGED THE POINT!

Chorus: We never saw it coming!

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
King Riptor on

• EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hahaha great OP.

New Chapter:
    I wonder if we're going to see how all of the crew trains to power up, or is it going to be a straight skip into how they're getting back to Sabondy?

Evigilant on
    XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • QuentinQuentin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I really liked Nami's section of the new chapter. The moment she flashed back to was one of the more emotional moments in the series, and it's nice to see it referenced again.

Quentin on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Franky's face is the new face of One Piece

Godfather on
  • BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    New chapter is great
    Brook's training will clearly allow him to develop new, powerful 45-degree sword techniques

He'll be unstoppable!

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Perfect blend of Manliness, Adventure, Crazy, and SUPER

Wearingglasses on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Franky is becoming better and better every time they show him on that damn island. Hahaha

ManetherenWolf on
  • FCDFCD Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Pirate Rap link in the OP isn't working, so I found another link. Here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMTB-_4LAVQ

FCD on
    Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ivankoooooooooooooooooov!

We're almost to chapter 600 already!? It felt like just yesterday we were reading ch 500 revealing dark king Rayleigh.

Answer:
    YOU EXPLODE.

Question: What if you eat two at the same time?
    YOU EXPLODE.

Question: What about a devil fruit smoothie?
    YOU EXPLODE.

Question: But-
    YOU EXPLODE.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Comment about the cover for this week:
    Alternate reality Sabo/Ace/Luffy team would have been awesome.

Note Ace didn't have the crossed out S on his tattoo (which confirms it was a reference to Sabo).

ManetherenWolf on
  • EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Franky is becoming better and better every time they show him on that damn island. Hahaha
    The fact they made a tale about the flaming beast is even more hilarious.

Evigilant on
    XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
    edited August 2010
    darunia106 wrote: »

We're almost to chapter 600 already!? It felt like just yesterday we were reading ch 500 revealing dark king Rayleigh.

Answer:
    YOU EXPLODE.

YOU EXPLODE.

YOU EXPLODE.

YOU EXPLODE.

ZEHAHAHAHAHA!

Godfather on
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    darunia106 wrote: »

Answer:
    YOU EXPLODE.

YOU EXPLODE.

YOU EXPLODE.

YOU EXPLODE.

ZEHAHAHAHAHA!

I have a message for the whole world! All you pathetic commoners out there who cling to peace! You too, Marines! And the World Government! And of course, the pirates of the world! The future of this world has just been decided... Zehahahaha! That's right!
    From now on... THIS IS MY ERA!

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.

New chapter is great.

blaze_zero on
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thumbs up to new chapter.
    Only Zoro remains to see his training, right?

silence1186 on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This OP is amazing, I'm guess King Riptor got his hands on the copy copy fruit!
    Or not!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMTB-_4LAVQ

is an active version of the Pirate Rap.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • KhaczorKhaczor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Go upgrades go.

Khaczor on
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thumbs up to new chapter.
    Only Zoro remains to see his training, right?
    I think we've already seen it.

Remember the soldier monkeys he has to fight?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Or maybe he'll *gasp* swallow his pride and ask Mihawk for help.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
    edited August 2010
    You don't ask for help from someone you wish to surpass!

Xenogears of Bore on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    he covered his face.

Oh Oda you rascal it's like a birthday surprise.

King Riptor on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I always get so confused when I look past this thread. Is this the anime thread now? It's in D&D, and it's talking about anime. I even see some animated videos up there.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited August 2010
    That thread got destroyed in a sea of holy fire.

Godfather on
    edited August 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I always get so confused when I look past this thread. Is this the anime thread now? It's in D&D, and it's talking about anime. I even see some animated videos up there.

Pikapuff virus destroyed the anime thread.

King Riptor on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Reynolds wrote: »

This thread was authorized to split off from the anime thread because this one series was taking up a good half, if not more, of the conversation in the anime thread.

The anime thread, without this sort of discussion, became kinda filled and obsessed with shows that were pedo-tastic, and the admins killed it with fire. This thread, on the other hand, has never been an issue, so we continue to get to discuss One Piece.

Jragghen on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I guess I'm just confused as to why the rules still say there will be one and only one anime thread here, and this is here. I want to talk about things but this forum is the only one I go to.

I watch anime. I have watched One Piece. I do not currently watch One Piece.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The anime thread won't be back for a long while. Shame that all the shenanigans happened during the climax of DRRR.

I wonder what post-training Usopp will look like. Will he also get abs?

Wearingglasses on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2010
    Guys, let the anime thread go.

A duck! on
    edited August 2010
    The anime thread won't be back for a long while. Shame that all the shenanigans happened during the climax of DRRR.

I wonder what post-training Usopp will look like. Will he also get abs?

I was kind of worried Oda might be doing a redesign but I think he'll be going back to normal. The muscle will probably be implied .

King Riptor on
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    BONE TO BE WILD

I want to believe Oda thought up Brooks, and quietly bided his time for that scene. I always wonder how much the translators get away with.

I loved this chapter, good to see more of the crew again

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    lordswing wrote: »
    BONE TO BE WILD

I want to believe Oda thought up Brooks, and quietly bided his time for that scene. I always wonder how much the translators get away with.

Yeah, it's nice to see them all after all the Luffy-centric arcs lately.

I wonder if, after the time skip, everyone will meet up all at once, or if Luffy will have to find them again in the New World.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I imagine they'd be meeting at Sabaody, especially since the..umm..New Fish Riders (?) have been shown protecting the Sunny.

edit:

Oh, but Kuma. Forgot about him....Lord I need more One Piece.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh man, don't tell me that the only anime/manga thread on D&D is One Piece. That's really awesome because it's the only one I actually follow.

BTW, shouldn't Franky's
    eyes be irritated by the exposure to the cold weather and not having eyelids?

O, wait, they're probably robotic as well, even though they don't look like it.

RockinX on
  • TimestonesTimestones Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    RockinX wrote: »
    Oh man, don't tell me that the only anime/manga thread on D&D is One Piece. That's really awesome because it's the only one I actually follow.

BTW, shouldn't Franky's
    eyes be irritated by the exposure to the cold weather and not having eyelids?

O, wait, they're probably robotic as well, even though they don't look like it.
    Franky's too SUPER to be bothered by such a trivial thing. On that note, do the notes he found on cell regeneration mean he'll grow his face back somehow? Dammit Oda I must know more!

Timestones on
    edited August 2010
    I expect Franky to look normal when he comes back.
    The surprise is, so will Usopp, his strength training will be just getting back to normal weight. It would be too weird if he came back as some nine foot tall ubermensch.

Xenogears of Bore on
    edited August 2010
    lordswing wrote: »
    BONE TO BE WILD

I want to believe Oda thought up Brook, and quietly bided his time for that scene. I always wonder how much the translators get away with.

In Regards to that Brook was created almost before One Piece was.

King Riptor on
  • FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The surprise is, so will Usopp, his strength training will be just getting back to normal weight. It would be too weird if he came back as some nine foot tall ubermensch.
    I'm going to miss fat usopp

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
    edited August 2010
    Nah, I think Oda will throw him a bone here and give him a luffy-muscle physique, a la swimmer's build.

Or maybe he'll just be ripped and we're all fucked.

Godfather on
    edited August 2010
    Re: Usopp
    So the possible routes for an Usopp upgrade are:
    Stats up - he bulks up to lean-muscled physique, but nothing to the level of the powerhouse 4.
    Technique up - new animal-based sniping technique?
    Ammo up - studying the plants give him more compounds to put in his Stars.
    Tech up - more unlikely than the others, the Kabuto doesn't seem to have a lot of room to improve anymore, at least not from the island Usopp's in that we've seen.

Wearingglasses on
    edited August 2010
    Stats up - he bulks up to lean-muscled physique, but nothing to the level of the powerhouse 4.
    Tech up - more unlikely than the others, the Kabuto doesn't seem to have a lot of room to improve anymore, at least not from the island Usopp's in that we've seen.

I think it will be all of the above.
    -He'll get more endurance and most likely speed.
    -He'll probably learn how to make more accurate shots on the run and trick his opponents (a skill he has already but hasn't perfected)
    -Well we know he'll get the ammo Robin and Nami will help him maintain it.
    -The Kabuto will be upgraded to the Atlas. The Hercules was in thriller bark apparently.

King Riptor on
    edited August 2010

I think it will be all of the above.
    -He'll get more endurance and most likely speed.
    -He'll probably learn how to make more accurate shots on the run and trick his opponents (a skill he has already but hasn't perfected)
    -Well we know he'll get the ammo Robin and Nami will help him maintain it.
    -The Kabuto will be upgraded to the Atlas. The Hercules was in thriller bark apparently.
    I'm wondering how he'll maintain his special ammunition supply. It's not like he's gonna come back to that plant hell hole to restock once he escapes.

Godfather on
This discussion has been closed.