As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New comic thread, Wednesday, 8/18/10

124»

• BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Man, radio rules are rough stuff.

Who has to right to tell me I can't talk about sodomy at 8 a.m.?

Straight up ridiculous...

THE FCC THAT'S WHO.

But yeah those rules are dumb.
    BUT WHO FCCs THE FCC?

NOWON! THEY ARE ALLOWED TO RUN RAMPANT IN A FACIAST BUROCRAZY WHILE TELLING YOUR KIDS WHAT TO EAT!

Bedlam on
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just wanted to talk about sodomy... Is that so heinous?

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I break all the FCC rules.

I said "shit" on the air once.
    Shit, I really hope the statute of limitations is up on that one.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My partner and I once got called in to meet with management because we said the Seattle Police Station were taser happy.

Oh, our bad on that one...

Zonugal on
  • ShurakaiShurakai Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jars wrote: »
    everyone I know that has satellite radio likes it, but regular radio? people still listen to that?

Old people.

They haven't died yet.

Also I suppose in some larger cities there are radio stations that actually play what youth listen too, but where I live its mostly top 40 puke in your mouth pop, country, or "soft rock".

Shurakai on
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My partner and I once got called in to meet with management because we said the Seattle Police Station were taser happy.

We would often be called in an be like "shit, he finally figured out what 'it's snowing in my fiero' is a cocaine reference, or maybe he googled bukkake..." and be all worried.

And then he's just be like "Hey, check out the new green screen the TV class got."

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    zonugal that's inflammatory! I would say I only get tazed 3 or 4 times a week by Seattle police, but I deserve it because I'm half mexican.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    zonugal that's inflammatory! I would say I only get tazed 3 or 4 times a week by Seattle police, but I deserve it because I'm half mexican.

Well you are old as well so that is worth a couple more zaps.

Seg on
    edited August 2010
    And the other half?

Zonugal on
  • KnaraKnara Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

What were their...er.. "concerns"?

Knara on
    edited August 2010
    Knara wrote: »

Slander. We had to explain to them that because of legal statuettes it wasn't slander.

We got yelled at more after that for talking back to them.

Zonugal on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2010
    I would listen to the radio a lot more if it weren't filled with the worst fucking commercials ever

also if the non-classic rock station around here would stop playing "bad company" by five finger death punch eight times a day

DJ Eebs on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    I would listen to the radio a lot more if it weren't filled with the worst fucking commercials ever

also if the non-classic rock station around here would stop playing "bad company" by five finger death punch eight times a day

http://kexp.org/Default.aspx

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • KnaraKnara Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Slander. We had to explain to them that because of legal statuettes it wasn't slander.

It's worth talking back to management, I find. It's pretty cathartic when they attempt to make you cower and you don't.

Knara on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    what's in the rug?

um look at the shape

and the stains appearing on the pier

DURRR pony

it is obvious a secret marina sauce

Abracadaniel on
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    cool i'm glad every 911 only cell phone medicaid gives out will now come with an fm radio

that way when you fall and can't get up at least you can listen to some lady gaga telling you just dance

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
    edited August 2010
    Zoel wrote: »
    cool i'm glad every 911 only cell phone medicaid gives out will now come with an fm radio

that way when you fall and can't get up at least you can listen to some lady gaga telling you just dance

Well who wants to wait for the ambulance in silence?

Zonugal on
  • TenTen Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

imagesqtbnANd9GcS8ZxBApKU1_HTeGIGHKepr-srUuah9ZJOwV-kKf7Rh17_kghgt1usg__lxlF4wdUnGLNmssqrWOw2BhS-fk.jpg

Ten on
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

imagesqtbnANd9GcS8ZxBApKU1_HTeGIGHKepr-srUuah9ZJOwV-kKf7Rh17_kghgt1usg__lxlF4wdUnGLNmssqrWOw2BhS-fk.jpg

Kovak on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    RIAA= http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chicken/scientist-mad-with-power.html

All armchairs will now have toasters! All cameras will now have pencils!! All eyeglasses will now have puppies!

jwalk on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ten wrote: »

Lady Justice is p hot

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »
    The only radio I ever listen to is NPR.

shame on you!
    http://kexp.org/Default.aspx

I usually only listen to KEXP via the internet. Almost never turn it on in the car.

faits on
    faits.png
  • Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Darmak wrote: »

Lady Justice is p hot
    lady-liberty-kissing-justice.jpg

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Darmak wrote: »

Lady Justice is p hot
    lady-liberty-kissing-justice.jpg

o_O
    :winky:

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Blake T wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I used to record my own radio show

I think every kid used to do that

all the songs I played on the show were the theme songs for the Disney Afternoon cartoons
    I never did this.

I totally did, and this reminded me that the tape must still be at my parents' somewhere :o

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Radio programming is so useless here in Germany. You have a million stations playing the "top 40" of some useless metric probably aimed at kids (I know I somewhat liked the "charts music".. when I was ten), a few specialty stations that you can listen to like once in a week and horrible Schlagermusik.
    I actually DO have a radio in my phone, but I never ever use it.
    Either my own files, or web radio steaming. Because with web radio, there might be a similar problem as described above, but at least there are a million specialty stations for almost every mood and situation.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
    edited August 2010

Alejandro
    AleAlejandroo

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Alejandro
    AleAlejandroo

That is such an annoying song

I find myself wondering if there is a story there or something

Kazaka on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ALE-ALE-ALE

ALE-ALEJANDROOOOOO

Centipede Damascus on
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    oh hey! out of context violence! yes.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ALE-ALE-ALE

ALE-ALEJANDROOOOOO

Easily one of her worst songs.

I just saw her perform a week ago, and this was the only song she did that was lame. Let me tell you, I've seen a lot of shows, but the Monster Ball was by far the best. Gaga is a genius.

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2010
    Why are you talking about Lady Gaga? Immediately cease doing that.

Tube on
  • IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

Is that like a regular cell phone with no SIM card, or a special type of phone that can't be used for any other calls?

Ivar on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Why are you talking about Lady Gaga? Immediately cease doing that.

Just in the new comic thread or in general?

So this is what bated breath feels like.

Butler on
  • kitchkitch Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Pwnan and I have differing philosophies on radio. While I never spent 15 hours agonizing over my playlists, knowing that there were probably about 5 or 6 people who were tuned in and actually paying attention to what I was playing, I still cared about what I did and I felt like I owed it to those 6 people to do the best show I could. And coming in late was something you tried never to do, much less being late every show. You'd be off the air in no time.

Of course, maybe we just run things differently at WUSC-FM COLUMBIA, 90.5 WHOOP WHOOP

Neville used to be a Wussie too! Wherever he is. That was before my time though.

I can vouch for this station.

kitch on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    what's in the rug?

Beanie baby.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

This discussion has been closed.