As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Football/Soccer] Nani is the best header of the ball

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Young boys are currently up tottenham's arse 2 - 0, I guess young boys play on a plastic pitch so of "course" tottenham don't know what to do with the ball. LOL

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Young boys are all over hot spurs today. Look at all those bare backs in the young boys' end.

...no, wait. Let me rephrase that.

EDIT: Well, now it's just downright sodomy. ...NO, WAIT

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    3-0

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited August 2010
    funnything is my pedophilia coment wasn't even intended, your just taking it toa whole new level. So where is this young boys team out of ?

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bern, Switzerland.

So if nothing else, at least Tottenham gets some nice chocolate out of it.

For the fun of it, I'll post the Young Boys writeup I've got:
    BSC Young Boys (insolvency)
    No. You’re disgusting. It’s a soccer team. Ew. God, you’re creepy. Young Boys got its start by playing the part of parasite to one FC Bern way back in the old days. Young Boys was founded in 1898, but were a little short of supplies. Bern, founded in 1894, offered its grounds, locker rooms and equipment if Young Boys would play as a Bern feeder team; Young Boys accepted. Over the next six months, Young Boys players started to supplant the Bern first teamers. Bern got concerned. Young Boys held a vote to either merge or strike out on its own; they voted to break from Bern. Instant rivalry. They got themselves a stadium, which had a good location but was riverside and prone to flooding. By 1903 Young Boys had won a league title and started swiping Bern’s fans. Young Boys now has a nicer stadium. Bern at last check was spotted in the fourth tier. A 1999 relegation threw Young Boys for a financial loop; they’ve since recovered. The Wankdorf (Young Boys indeed) has a turf surface, and the first seat installed there is red (unlike the others, which are black and yellow); this is called the Hot Seat, and it’s filled by local and team notables, including players new to the team. The new guys are offered a lap dance. (Young Boys indeed.) The Wankdorf is also the largest stadium-integrated solar power plant on Earth.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
    edited August 2010
    Oh, hey, Spurs finally decided to show up.

Gosling on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Half time came at the right time for Young Boys. Spurs were starting to get their heads out of their arses.

Tav on
  • TlexTlex Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aaaah, Ozil has gone to Real Madrid, at least there they'll destroy all the talent he has, reducing the threat he poses to everyone in the Champions League. Real seem to have sort of an anti-academy, you'll be awesome when you go, a washed up trophyless husk when you leave!

Tlex on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bellamy to Cardiff

Tav on
    edited August 2010
    He'll do good there but I think Cardiff have bigger worries at the moment.

Arikado on
  • 815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cardiff need to stop being dicks and pay Motherwell.

815165 on
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TFC are playing Cruz Azul right now, and are up by 2. I haven't watched them play in months, at least since before they signed Mista, and they look absolutely fantastic. Solid at the back, and really dangerous looking going forward.

oldmanken on
  • Buddy LeeBuddy Lee Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I seriously wonder why James Milner wants to go to Manchester City so desperately. I know that he's a good player, but is he good enough to hold a place on the first team consistently there?

Buddy Lee on
    Join Penny-Arcaders in EPL Fantasy Futbol! Click to see details.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/

The join code for the CLASSIC league: 214755-65927

The join code for the HEAD-TO-HEAD league: 5294-3346
  • Bag of AdjectivesBag of Adjectives Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Buddy Lee wrote: »
    I seriously wonder why James Milner wants to go to Manchester City so desperately. I know that he's a good player, but is he good enough to hold a place on the first team consistently there?

Money. Giant steaming piles of money. Double his salary at Villa personally and the amount they paid for him is, frankly, ridiculous money that Villa could never turn down; remember they only paid 12 million for him in 2008

Bag of Adjectives on
  • FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't think I've ever met a Madrid fan I ever cared for. To me they're in the same vein as Yankess/Cowboys fans.

Disappointed that Ozil is going to play there to say the least.

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
    edited August 2010

Money. Giant steaming piles of money. Double his salary at Villa personally and the amount they paid for him is, frankly, ridiculous money that Villa could never turn down; remember they only paid 12 million for him in 2008

Which, as I've said, right now is Villa's main motivation. Mid-table is perfectly fine, we're not very concerned with the league placing. We just want to achieve financial stability and then point and laugh while other clubs bust out. You pay us enough money, pretty much anyone's for sale, and if Manchester City decides that it would like us to have giant steaming piles of it, well, it would be impolite to say no.

Gosling on
  • Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Spurs.

Just you wait, I'll be glory glorying it up in no time, suckers.

Roman, you are the most coach-hated striker that scores the best goals.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I wonder if the Ozil thing will be the end of Van Der Vaart in Madrid. If that is the case, and many signs point to yes, it'll be interesting to see which Spanish or German club picks him up.
    It's always a shame when good young players move to Madrid, however this is less disappointing than when they snapped up Canales.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    edited August 2010
    Arikado on
    edited August 2010
    Spurs.

Just you wait, I'll be glory glorying it up in no time, suckers.

Roman, you are the most coach-hated striker that scores the best goals.

Man, I hate Roman Pavlyuchenko. Yesterday was a perfect example... he takes all sorts of long shots that rarely make the goalkeeper work, and for most of them, he could make a simple pass to a teammate in a much more dangerous position.

Yes, his goal was nice yesterday, but I'm sure Tottenham could have scored at least one earlier on if he had just passed the ball.

Buddy Lee on

edited August 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    That's a great deal for Villa.

815165 on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Phisti wrote: »
    Corvus, currently the only EPL we get is on Sportsnet... however, depending on your location / provider I currently get Setanta and SportsnetOne on free preview until October (as well as EuroWorldSport - Ligue 1) so it's plenty of football for my wife to hate on.

I caught Wigan - Blackpool, Chelsea - West Brom, then Liverpool - Arsenal this weekend without paying extra!

Thanks Dude. I'll have to check those out. I'm on regular cable still so not sure if those previews will work for me, but I'll check Shaw's site out.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
    edited August 2010
    815165 wrote: »

Agreed.

And,

Bring on financial fair play.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2010
    Arikado on
    edited August 2010
    I just relized that this saturdays game at 10 is Arsenal vs Blackpool. God i hope its as fast paced as it sounds like its going to be.

Draeven on

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    815165 wrote: »

lime

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • CristoCristo Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nasri is injured as well!

Cristo on
    edited August 2010
    Shame about Nasri, he's looked pretty sharp during preseason. In other Arsenal injury news it seems Frimpong is going to be out for 9 months with cruciate damage if the rumours are true, which is bad news for our league cup team - especially if we do actually loan Lansbury out to Leeds.
    In transfer news we've apparently put in a bid for Squillaci of Sevilla, which I guess is a step forward--more of one than Marc "very, very average" Schwarzer anyway.
    In hilarious news, I heard (although it was heard from a very unreliable source) that Fulham want £4 milion plus Carlos Vela for Schwarzer. If true then Mark Hughes should go for a job in stand-up when he fails at Fulham.

Dyvim Tvar on
    edited August 2010
    Is Tottenham signing William Galas warrant enough for me to post Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur? Or do I have to wait until we win a match?

Or howabout, I post it, and then everytime he does something stupid I post Glory Glory in a post modern ironic way?

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Woo first Adelaide win of the season. Suck it Melbourne and Sydney!

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited August 2010
    How's the new guy Bob? I will miss the Viddy's Pissants signs.

Lord Of The Pants on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2010
    Coolen is ok I guess but we won't really see how effective the changes he's making are until about 6 or 7 weeks in. Even then there'll still be players in the squad he hasn't seen train. I expect we'll have a much better season than the last and at least finish sixth, if we can keep picking up decent points on the way to settling into the new coaches preferred style of play and getting injured players back then maybe a lot higher.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited August 2010
    Or howabout, I post it, and then everytime he does something stupid I post Glory Glory in a post modern ironic way?
    I think you can only post once every 30 seconds.

815165 on
    edited August 2010
    Pants, you should just sig yourself saying it.

Arikado on
    edited August 2010
    edited August 2010
    It's about time that the #10 shirt can go to someone who plays a more deserving role at Arsenal.

Buddy Lee on

• MindLibMindLib Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    arsenal this years everton

MindLib on
    edited August 2010
    It's about time that the #10 shirt can go to someone who plays a more deserving role at Arsenal.

Only if we sign Buonanote.

Dyvim Tvar on
    edited August 2010
    Blackpool proving to be a bit testy for arsenal to handle right now. Ummm, nm 1-0 arsenal in the lead theo walcott showing why hes in the starting 11.

Draeven on

edited August 2010
    So glad I chose to keep Arshavin in my fantasy squad...

Buddy Lee on