As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]tack Dog

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Ugh, cayenne. Nickie put some in an apple pie because she was out of cinnamon, to give it a little "kick".

Threw the whole thing away, it was mouth-blisteringly bad.

wuss
    I ate an entire piece. I thought maybe I'd just gotten a clump of spice in it or something (I didn't know she'd used cayenne) and didn't want to be all "Yuck your pie is terrible". She took a bite and spit it out.

was it bad flavor or just too hot
    It was good flavor, I could tell there was a good pie under all the cayenne, there was just too much cayenne.

W U S S
    IT WAS A WHOLE TABLESPOON OF CAYENNE IN THE PIE SHUT UP

i put tablespoons of cayenne in both my chili and my baked tofu

and then i put sriracha sauce on them

Arch on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    @arch: similar division of labor w/ me and my fiancee. She handles sweets and bread and such. I do most everything else. Though she's been branching out lately.

I actually feel a little defensive about it too, have to bite my tongue. Its like, "Yes, this casserole is delicious but cooking is my thing. OUT! OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"
    Yeah, forget separate bathrooms, if I'm ever rich I'm making separate kitchens for my wife and I. It's not so much we cook different things, just our kitchen habits are diametrically opposed. She's pretty haphazard, leaving everything scattered all over the place, I'm more a get all the ingredients out and put each one away as you use it, and use as few pans/pots as possible person.

See, I get enough "following directions" in the day from the lab.

So I usually take recipes more as suggestion than anything else. I am very much from the chaos school of cooking. The fiancee is very much a follow the directions type. So if we are cooking together I'll be, "add some ingredient X" "How much" "A bit" "No, how much." "Just enough, not too much." "WHAT IS THE MEASUREMENT!" "Somewhere between a pinch and a palmfull, I dunno, a bit!"

it is so satisfying to go from "if you don't use exactly 1 ug of this stuff your experiment is shot to hell" to "fuck it dude just put some dang cayenne in there who fuckin cares"

This is why I can't bake, I try to play it by ear to much. I tried to make a cake from scratch and my roommate warned me ahead of time that I needed to follow stuff exactly, cause it's a science, but I retorted that if it were a science, then how are ladies so good at it.

I failed at making a cake from scratch, I think it was a punishment for my misogyny.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    how are you guys today?

Great! You?

Pretty pissed off, because I've got to leave for work in like fifteen minutes and I've already put in 30 hours of work this week, and I've still got At least another 20 to go. I had to cover a lot of people's asses.

Well that's a pain in the ass.

I've been really lazy all week. But I'm going to DC on Monday for like 2 weeks of ass busting and long days, so it feels justified.

Then once that's done VACATION!

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ugh, cayenne. Nickie put some in an apple pie because she was out of cinnamon, to give it a little "kick".

Threw the whole thing away, it was mouth-blisteringly bad.

wuss
    I ate an entire piece. I thought maybe I'd just gotten a clump of spice in it or something (I didn't know she'd used cayenne) and didn't want to be all "Yuck your pie is terrible". She took a bite and spit it out.

was it bad flavor or just too hot
    It was good flavor, I could tell there was a good pie under all the cayenne, there was just too much cayenne.

W U S S
    IT WAS A WHOLE TABLESPOON OF CAYENNE IN THE PIE SHUT UP

You could have at least found an adult and let them eat the pie. No use throwing the whole thing away!

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    i am like the king of spicy food eating

if it werent for the fact that it involves fish i would take the super-hot sushi challenge that was on the food network that is down the road from me

Arch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    will, why do you mod a forum that you hate :x : x :X

i don't hate this forum

i spend a lot of time on it and have hung out with a lot of you guys in RL

but it doesn't mean that i can't think the nerdery goes a little overboard and self-righteous sometimes

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    I have a Playstation 3 and a copy of Heavy Rain

This is neat

I enjoyed Heavy Rain a lot. It has issues, but still pretty sweet I think.

Fahrenheit was one of my favourite games ever (Up until the last third of the game, anyway)

I've been looking forward to Heavy Rain for months. I was very lucky to have a friend go on holiday for a week and let me borrow his PS3.

Tav on
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Enjoy it Tav. I found it way way better than IP, but I gave up on that one after the stupid stealth flashback bit.

Take Heavy Rain slowly though, savor it.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    Pony wrote: »
    hey Will there's a bunch of SE++ people getting into City of Heroes are you interested in joining us?

hmm

by a bunch of SE people do you mean like kusu and pikapuff and b:l?

because that sounds like a trap

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    also tehsloth

that was a very amusing story. I laughed a lot

Arch on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Look

seriously

I love spicy food. When I make red beans and rice I'm like, Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco

ok, a little more Tabasco.

Ok done.

But this pie was inedible.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    will, why do you mod a forum that you hate :x : x :X

i don't hate this forum

i spend a lot of time on it and have hung out with a lot of you guys in RL

but it doesn't mean that i can't think the nerdery goes a little overboard and self-righteous sometimes

I was just kidding you.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't know what PantsB is trying to say in the sexuality thread, and I think it is because I keep getting distracted by the image meme

:(

Arch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Look

seriously

I love spicy food. When I make red beans and rice I'm like, Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco

ok, a little more Tabasco.

Ok done.

But this pie was inedible.

tabasco is hot sauce for bitches

Arch on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    hello chat

I took today off because I could.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    get back to me when you use a grown-up hot sauce matt

Arch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I bought a huge thing of Crystal hotsauce like 2 weeks ago, and am already half way through it :?

Colon gonna 'splode one day.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    apparently i'm not allowed to be uninterested in anything without someone insulting me for it

that's pretty lame, guys

you have to like everything; otherwise yous hatin'

apparently saying "hey guys this thing isn't really something that interests me" is "being Pony"

which i guess, on some philosophical level, it is!

insofar as anything i say about me is "being me", but that's some really esoteric, Podly-esque bullshit man

You should never go full Podly.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have a moderately bad crick in my back that I can't get rid of

if it were as bad as the cricks I've gotten in my neck I would be immobile

so there's something

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Hot sauce is so gross. I don't know anyone stands that stuff.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

if it werent for the fact that it involves fish i would take the super-hot sushi challenge that was on the food network that is down the road from me

I'm not, like, one of those guys who buys designer hot sauces that are really red dye and medical-grade capsaicin, but I do like hot food a lot and everyone always complains that when I make hot chicken or taco meat or basically any spicy dish that it's too hot, even when I try to tone it down.

Pfft, too hot. More like too delicious.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    original tobasco sauce is only like a 2k on the scoville scale

Arch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    people who enjoy numb stinging tongues are not my kind of people.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Clarence here's the word "Start" use it next time you are quoting.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Clearly you never gave oral sex to a stinging netal plant.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

nope!

but, umm..... to each his own preacher.....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    although apparently sriracha is only a 2k on the scoville scale as well

oh well guess i need to get some habanero sauce (8k)

Arch on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

i think i could take you arch

i don't know that i have met anyone who could keep up with me in terms of spicy foods

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't know what PantsB is trying to say in the sexuality thread, and I think it is because I keep getting distracted by the image meme

Um a summery: Non-heterosexual/homosexuals are tiny percentages of the population and statistical noise but noise that should be proud. That those who study sexuality are drawn to it because of they are part of the noise. There was a bit with some sort of mistaken belief that those who study human sexuality are pushing the line of "everyone is bi" which is something that even Kinsey took pains to not say.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    See, I get enough "following directions" in the day from the lab.

So I usually take recipes more as suggestion than anything else. I am very much from the chaos school of cooking. The fiancee is very much a follow the directions type. So if we are cooking together I'll be, "add some ingredient X" "How much" "A bit" "No, how much." "Just enough, not too much." "WHAT IS THE MEASUREMENT!" "Somewhere between a pinch and a palmfull, I dunno, a bit!"

yeah i'm the same way

growing up, i used to cook with my dad, so i got a good feel for how to cook things, so the way i tend to cook is to add shit that sounds good together and cook according to techniques that seem appropriate. stuff usually turns out well, and when it doesn't - well - it's a learning experience i guess.

this doesn't apply to delicate or really technique-y things, necessarily - a souffle or really most baked good require an attention to detail, and learning sauces has been a p messy challenge at times.

frankie doesn't know how to cook at all. her parents were lousy New England cooks and when i met her she could parely heat soup on a stovetop. she's getting better, but if she doesn't have a very specific recipe to follow, she doesn't really know what to do

man, that's sad

I mean, you don't need a recipe other than "throw shit into a pot, let that stir for a good while" and it'll be good

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

tl;dr version (wall of text because I'm getting annoyed at work and needed a reset)

The study of sexuality is an extremely subjective field, and there's a lot of confirmation bias because it is so subjective, those people who conduct the surveys are largely not dispassionate observers and there's a natural tendency towards Normal=good so to show that non-hetero/unusual sexuality doesn't deserve stigma I will show that its normal.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

nope!

but, umm..... to each his own preacher.....

"Offf babfy thif sof goofd".

Are stinging netals a pac northwest thing? I just remember the fuckers as a child they hurt worse then sticker bushes.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm all about the vinegary hot sauce. I love love love pique. Or anything remotely smokey.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited August 2010

i think i could take you arch

i don't know that i have met anyone who could keep up with me in terms of spicy foods

my fiancee is the only one I have met; but I don't know if she counts because after the fact she gets really sick, so she now tends to avoid spicy foods

basically: you're on

Arch on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

It's kinda gross though. Try shotting an entire bottle, it's disgusting

also, ring of fire later.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    although apparently sriracha is only a 2k on the scoville scale as well

oh well guess i need to get some habanero sauce (8k)

I used to love sriracha but now it's too sweet for me. They should make a variety with less sugar.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    According to PantsB, I am abnormal. :(

So should the only thing I take from that thread be that sweeping statements that cover the entire species don't really work well?

Cinders on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Once you get much over 20k, there's no real flavor to it, it's just burning. In any appreciable quantity that is. Most of the time the super hot sauces, you only use a tiny drop or two.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    there is only one seasoning used in my place

cayenne pepper

there are few things I don't use it on

kaleedity on
This discussion has been closed.