As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]tack Dog

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    I don't know what PantsB is trying to say in the sexuality thread, and I think it is because I keep getting distracted by the image meme

:(

tl;dr version (wall of text because I'm getting annoyed at work and needed a reset)

The study of sexuality is an extremely subjective field, and there's a lot of confirmation bias because it is so subjective, those people who conduct the surveys are largely not dispassionate observers and there's a natural tendency towards Normal=good so to show that non-hetero/unusual sexuality doesn't deserve stigma I will show that its normal.

gotcha

Arch on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    although apparently sriracha is only a 2k on the scoville scale as well

oh well guess i need to get some habanero sauce (8k)

You can get liquid capsacin (I think thats the word its the spicey part of habenero), it comes with huge warning about diluting it though as it can burn your tastebuds out. I recall my father used it while at a bakery and the amounts mixed with food were fairly small for huge batches.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    blergh.

BobCesca on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    hey Will there's a bunch of SE++ people getting into City of Heroes are you interested in joining us?

hmm

by a bunch of SE people do you mean like kusu and pikapuff and b:l?

because that sounds like a trap

B:L doesn't post in SE++

and no

Pony on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I used to love sriracha but now it's too sweet for me. They should make a variety with less sugar.

Try sambal oelek. Less stuff that isn't awesome chilies.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited August 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »
    there is only one seasoning used in my place

cayenne pepper

there are few things I don't use it on

you mean like

the pizza and soda in your fridge

burrrnnnn
    oh hahahahahahaha i am so funny. but seriously. your fridge was literally empty

Arch on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    also realized a long time ago that even though i really do like the penny arcade comic (i post here, after all!), i actually can't relate all that much to mike and jerry as people

they're sort of a world apart from me, in a lot of ways, and outside of nerdy hobbies i share little in common with them

so something like PATV that follows around their lives and stuff, i'm just really not that interested in it.

So what you're saying is you kind of suck and can't relate to awesome people who are amusing and entertaining?

Dude, that's gotta suck.

yessss

yessss get defensive about something i'm mildly uninterested in and take that shit personally

you are filling my power crystal

Yes. Because there's no way that was just me giving you crap? It's clearly me getting defensive.

Jesus tap dancing christ Pony.

But no seriously? PATV isn't celebrity gossip. Not sure how you get that impression. There are a couple episoides that focus on Mike and Jerry and specific employees but the bulk of the episodes are more about the things going on like PAX/Charity dinner/ping-pong etc. and then of course the 4th panel episodes are just them bullshitting about various topics like the podcasts of old.

HappylilElf on
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2010
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Woo, I've got my Drosophila Manual.

Now I know exactly how to operate my fruit flies.

Winky on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I either like really acidic mexican style sauces or really vinegary southern ones.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited August 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

You can get liquid capsacin (I think thats the word its the spicey part of habenero), it comes with huge warning about diluting it though as it can burn your tastebuds out. I recall my father used it while at a bakery and the amounts mixed with food were fairly small for huge batches.

I used liquid capsaicin for a study wherein we determined that it induced apoptosis in cancer cells in vitro

Arch on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Pure capsaicin will burn exposed skin.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You know what I really don't like? Horseradish. To me it tastes like eating cleaning supplies. I take a bite and it's like I accidentally just ate some smelling salts.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited August 2010
    i actually didn't listen to the podcasts either

again

i find mike's voice really irritating

like nails on a chalkboard

Pony on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    RMS Oceanic on
    edited August 2010
    i love horseradish and hot mustard and wasabi and things of that nature

but then i have allergies and often have sinus issues so that stuff is the bomb when you are stuffed up

Pony on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    I love spicy food. When I make red beans and rice I'm like, Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco

When I have cumin in stuff I measure by how many fingerwidths the level in the bottle sinks.

Echo on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I am in the mood for a mildly spicy cheese

ie not jalapeno jack

is there one?

Captain Carrot on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    Cinders wrote: »
    According to PantsB, I am abnormal. :(

So should the only thing I take from that thread be that sweeping statements that cover the entire species don't really work well?

i mean, there are ten millions of ways to be one-in-a-thousand abnormal

which means that all of us are abnormal in ten thousand ways

(i am making up these numbers but you get the point)

i don't really think that you should take the term "abnormal" as an insult

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited August 2010

Yeah when he used it to cook with it was like poison. Which made me question using it, but I guess in small amounts it can be used, just again massive massive warnings about dilution.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2010

ie not jalapeno jack

is there one?

Tillamook made a jalapeno chedder you can get in little blocks, so freaking tasty, but I dunno if thats outside of the pac northwest.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

ie not jalapeno jack

is there one?

Buy some jalapeños. Now any cheese is jalapeño cheese!

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited August 2010

Yeah when he used it to cook with it was like poison. Which made me question using it, but I guess in small amounts it can be used, just again massive massive warnings about dilution.

wheeeeee using something a plant designed for defense to flavor our food

to be fair, ALL spices are defensive compounds, or used to attract pollinators

Arch on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

again

You're a strange man, sir

(yeah he does have a pretty distinct voice, I can see how it'd get on your nerves if you it bothered you even a little)

HappylilElf on
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think the words normal and abnormal have unavoidable connotations of good and bad. Common and rare are better.

Hachface on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010

ie not jalapeno jack

is there one?

you can find, like, green chile jack if you in New Mexico

otherwise i can't really help

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cinders wrote: »
    According to PantsB, I am abnormal. :(

So should the only thing I take from that thread be that sweeping statements that cover the entire species don't really work well?

i mean, there are ten millions of ways to be one-in-a-thousand abnormal

which means that all of us are abnormal in ten thousand ways

(i am making up these numbers but you get the point)

i don't really think that you should take the term "abnormal" as an insult

Abnormality is too much of a loaded word to be used without value judgment.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hmm...I will not be going anywhere near the sexuality thread again, I think. It has the look of something that is going to become nasty within a couple of pages.

BobCesca on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2010

A friend had a bottle of pure capsaicin. It has a layer of oil on top because it evaporates in air. :P

In crystallized form it's pretty damn dangerous to inhale.

Echo on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    I think the words normal and abnormal have unavoidable connotations of good and bad. Common and rare are better.

Or beneficial vs. harmful.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited August 2010

you homos are rare in your sexual proclvities

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited August 2010
    Echo wrote: »

A friend had a bottle of pure capsaicin. It has a layer of oil on top because it evaporates in air. :P

In crystallized form it's pretty damn dangerous to inhale.

Ahh science.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2010
    Feral wrote: »

wait what?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

There is also benign.

Hachface on
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    my fridge suffers from emptiness quite a bit

there is a reason for this; I eat such a small amount of food that if I actually start filling it up with stuff to the point that it feels like I have stuff, then stuff starts going bad or unused. But I do frequently eat something akin to a sub for dinner, making my own tuna sandwiches for lunch, both things requiring little fridge space.

I just realized I haven't gotten any deli pastrami in a long time, I sorely need to rectify this.

kaleedity on
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

wait what?

Damn straight people.

Cinders on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

again

It's the sort of thing that you get used to.

Though I'm pretty good at ignoring that sort of thing as it is.

Winky on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I wonder if anyone's ever tries to kill someone by tying them up near some water and then dropping a huge chunk of Ceasium into the water.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited August 2010
    kaleedity wrote: »
    my fridge suffers from emptiness quite a bit

there is a reason for this; I eat such a small amount of food that if I actually start filling it up with stuff to the point that it feels like I have stuff, then stuff starts going bad or unused. But I do frequently eat something akin to a sub for dinner, making my own tuna sandwiches for lunch, both things requiring little fridge space.

I just realized I haven't gotten any deli pastrami in a long time, I sorely need to rectify this.

yeah whatever

make excuses

you eat pizza every night

every

night

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.