As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]tack Dog

• Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    also will I can't believe you bought chemical grade capsaicin

isn't that suspended in some sort of horrible organic solvent?

it was some kind of nasty thick oil

or oily substance anyhow

i actually did something similar trying to infuse some everclear with a whole shitload of little dried asian and crushed red peppers. basically left it for a year and when i went back to try it, it was essentially poison.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Podly wrote: »
    You know what I found out last night? Apparently each jalapeño varies in terms of its heat: even jalapeños from the same vine can vary by a significant factor.

I recently read that the same is true with the caffeine content of coffee, even cups from the same pot can vary dramatically.

TL DR on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Look

seriously

I love spicy food. When I make red beans and rice I'm like, Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco

ok, a little more Tabasco.

Ok done.

But this pie was inedible.
    What does Tabasco have to do with loving spicy food?

Thanatos on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I guess Preacher gets added onto the hate pile.

RMS Oceanic on
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have the house to myself for like, six hours with nothing to do

I think I'll take a shower

then watch a movie

and then play some Heavy Rain

awwww yeah

Tav on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well it looks like I'm going to be putting up my buddy for ten weeks starting in september. It sounds fine, but I live in a shotgun style studio, I.E., one big room. And we would be having opposite schedules, so I would be coming home from work when he was trying to sleep.

He's aware of all this and is a pretty laid-back guy with not a lot of needs, so I think it should be fine.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »

or oily substance anyhow

i actually did something similar trying to infuse some everclear with a whole shitload of little dried asian and crushed red peppers. basically left it for a year and when i went back to try it, it was essentially poison.

oh this alcohol definitely wont extract all the volatile oils from these seeds

that is not how solvents work

nope no sir

Arch on
    edited August 2010

or oily substance anyhow

You realize that Everclear is basically poison to begin with, right?

Thanatos on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    okay let me rephrase

I want a cheese that is less spicy than jalapeno jack

adding jalapenos to another cheese is not going to give me that effect

the jack itself is not spicy

thank you for the suggestions, but I think my point was lost

Captain Carrot on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    I require a cup of my yummy raspberry tea. *extends pinky*

Echo on
    edited August 2010

preacher was there first, waiting

Arch on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited August 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I never pass on the cumin.

you gotta have a light touch with the cumin

it's good, but you can easily destroy a dish by overdoing the cumin. i guess same as rosemary

also, people outside the southwest use it as a universal signifier for "mexican food" and make some nasty shit

if you ever go to an On The Border or its ilk in the northeast, expect to get cumin bombed

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited August 2010
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Look

seriously

I love spicy food. When I make red beans and rice I'm like, Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco Tabasco

Ok done.

I made this joke so

Hi-five?

Arch on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Look

seriously

Ok done.

It's for those of us who don't measure spiciness by the amount of pus we collect from tongue blisters.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
    edited August 2010
    Look

seriously

Ok done.

It's for those of us who don't measure spiciness by the amount of pus we collect from tongue blisters.

Like I said, bitches

Arch on
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    7N1VI.jpg

L-R

New shoes, old shoes, omgwftbbq old shoes.

This is what my job does to shoes.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cumin 'n Rosemary is great all the time.

Sarksus on
    edited August 2010
    Hachface wrote: »
    Tonight I am going to make broccoli cheddar soup. I am going to use way too much butter. It will be awesome.

i have tried and can't make it work

whatever bitter compound that brocolli produces when overcooked and dark green is just disgusting to me

and i can't figure out how to keep it from happening in soup

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Will I think you might be right about New England cooks.

I was going to argue with you about this on the basis that my mother and I are both exceptional cooks, but then I remembered that my mom is from Illinois, and that all my friends' mothers growing up were indeed awful awful cooks.

Hachface on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Shiny kicks there matt.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
    edited August 2010
    Tonight I am going to make broccoli cheddar soup. I am going to use way too much butter. It will be awesome.

whatever bitter compound that brocolli produces when overcooked and dark green is just disgusting to me

steam the broccoli lightly first, and then add it to the soup at the very end

Arch on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

preacher was there first, waiting

Licking my lips awaiting my moment, a small hushed breath. "Yes arch just like that, just like that baby, thats how daddy likes it show me your tinker toys SHOW THEM TO ME!"

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

there are two ways:

1. use frozen broccoli

2. steam the broccoli in the microwave beforehand and add it to the soup very very late. Just add it in while it's simmering: warm enough to spread the flavor but not hot enough to cook the broccoli any more.

Hachface on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i have no idea what feral is trying to say unless it's just glibly asserting that things should never be assessed as to how common they are and only assessed as to whether or not they are harmful

i don't think he's saying this, though, because feral is a smart dude and this would be a silly thing to assert

Right, I'm saying that we can assess things based on commonality and/or consequences.

In other words, despite comments made about me to the contrary, I'm not going to defend any and all uncommon sexual practices or social behavior. Some things are clearly bad.

Usually, what we're saying by "normal" is "benign" or just "okay." It's okay to be gay, for instance. We've decided this (for the most part) as a society because we know now that being gay is benign.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited August 2010
    Look

seriously

Ok done.

I am not super-hardcore about spicy stuff. I like a good hot sauce with a lot of heat, but I like to be able to taste both the sauce and the food it's on.

Really, the best stuff I've found is Secret Aardvark out of Portland. But Tabasco is a fucking joke. You can basically drink it straight from the bottle.

Thanatos on
    edited August 2010

Steam the broccoli, and make the cheddar part of the soup separate. Serve the cheddar part of the soup, then toss in the broccoli. I guess it's more broccoli with a load of cheese sauce, but it still tastes good.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tav wrote: »

then watch a movie

awwww yeah

I made the mistake once of thinking I'd have the house to myself for a long period of time since I thought all my roommates had left to visit family for the holidays. I was laying on the couch in my boxers watching some TV when I discovered that instead, my roommate had gone to meet his family for lunch and that they would then be coming to hang out at our place for a while. By his family I mean like, a lot of people, it was a bit embarassing.

Now days I just walk around the apartment in my boxers all the time and my roommates can just deal.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
    edited August 2010
    also rub the broccoli down with some salt before steaming- or steam with salt water

from what I understand this draws out the bitter taste

Arch on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Cumin 'n Rosemary is great all the time.

Just make sure you wrap your meat, she gets around.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have been on a sriracha kick lately. It's good mixed in eggs, pizza sauce, on hamburgers, everything!

Sarksus on
    edited August 2010
    I have been on a sriracha kick lately. It's good mixed in eggs, pizza sauce, on hamburgers, everything!

yessssss

Arch on
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Broccoli and cheese soup does not sound appealing. But I don't really like my soup world and my cheese world to mix.

Unless we's talking some french onion soup. But that's a whole 'nother animal.

firewaterword on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

I was going to argue with you about this on the basis that my mother and I are both exceptional cooks, but then I remembered that my mom is from Illinois, and that all my friends' mothers growing up were indeed awful awful cooks.

for some reason I could not stop reading cook as cock

Captain Carrot on
    edited August 2010
    Broccoli and cheese soup does not sound appealing. But I don't really like my soup world and my cheese world to mix.

Cheese soup isn't exactly an exotic concept.

Hachface on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

My italian gradmother is a great cook and she's from Massachusetts. I am also p. good at preparing food and so am I.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    edited August 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

then watch a movie

awwww yeah

I made the mistake once of thinking I'd have the house to myself for a long period of time since I thought all my roommates had left to visit family for the holidays. I was laying on the couch in my boxers watching some TV when I discovered that instead, my roommate had gone to meet his family for lunch and that they would then be coming to hang out at our place for a while. By his family I mean like, a lot of people, it was a bit embarassing.

Now days I just walk around the apartment in my boxers all the time and my roommates can just deal.
    My roommate's girlfriend moved in with us for a couple of months at one point. One of my conditions for her moving in was "I'm not going to wear pants in my own apartment."

Thanatos on
    edited August 2010

My italian gradmother is a great cook and she's from Massachusetts. I am also p. good at preparing food and so am I.

I forgot about the Italians. Yes they are usually good cooks. The Irish, though. My lord the Irish. ugh.

Hachface on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I use to make food so spicy it would make my mouth go numb. I try not to do that as much anymore.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited August 2010

Yeah, I get that. It just sounds like it'd make you feel bloated and nasty and such.

firewaterword on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Yeah, I get that. It just sounds like it'd make you feel bloated and nasty and such.

happens with too much cum in too

nexuscrawler on
This discussion has been closed.