As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BlazBlue Calamity Trigger released today for PC

wgrenwgren Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Games and Technology
We are a generation behind the consoles, but PC gamers can finally legally play BlazBlue Calamity Trigger on our platform:
If you are in Europe you can order directly from Amazon UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/BlazBlue-Calamity-Trigger-PC-CD/dp/B003WOL6EU/

In the US you can order the UK import, at a slightly higher price:
http://www.amazon.com/BlazBlue-Calamity-Trigger-PC-DVD-Windows/dp/B003WOL6EU/

wgren on

• Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow.. why would they release CT instead of CS? Is the PC netcode as good as consoles?

solsovly on
  • Options
    wgrenwgren Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    solsovly wrote: »
    Wow.. why would they release CT instead of CS? Is the PC netcode as good as consoles?

A couple of possible answers to why the first one:
    1) They are planning to release both and wanted to avoid the "why only release the second game in a series, that's pointless!" comments.
    2) Since the second game unfortunately has been pirated on the PC (the arcade game internally is a PC that runs Windows, someone got hold of a copy and reverse engineered a port) they thought there was a higher chance of profits from releasing the first one.

The netcode as good: Hopefully. One of the selling points is that you can use GFWL to play against 360 owners, so the codebase for that should be pretty mature and stable? I hope?
    My copy is in the mail, I'll try it out and let you know if the game is any good. I'm mainly a single-player guy though, and a rank beginner at fighting games.

wgren on
  • Options
    ArjanNArjanN Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    wgren wrote: »
    solsovly wrote: »

A couple of possible answers to why the first one:
    1) They are planning to release both and wanted to avoid the "why only release the second game in a series, that's pointless!" comments.
    2) Since the second game unfortunately has been pirated on the PC (the arcade game internally is a PC that runs Windows, someone got hold of a copy and reverse engineered a port) they thought there was a higher chance of profits from releasing the first one.

The netcode as good: Hopefully. One of the selling points is that you can use GFWL to play against 360 owners, so the codebase for that should be pretty mature and stable? I hope?
    My copy is in the mail, I'll try it out and let you know if the game is any good. I'm mainly a single-player guy though, and a rank beginner at fighting games.

They been planning the PC version for quite some time, it got delayed a couple of times, that's why it's still the first game.

Also, if they don't get this up on Steam, they are pretty dumb.

ArjanN on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    There already is another Blazblue thread.

That said, I've already ordered it and expect it to arrive sometime during the next week.

I would have preferred to get it through digital distribution, but ordered a retail copy because it didn't seem like the publisher had any plans of getting it on any DD services.

Peewi on