As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Playtest a PAX game this Saturday!

Jon StewartJon Stewart Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in PAX Archive
I'll get right to the point.
I run a club that is playtesting a game that is going to be released at PAX this year. The game is called TerraDrive Live, and it's a con-game, something that is slipped into the goodie bag you get when you first walk in, and you can play with the thousands of other atendees at the con.

I was relying on my club members to field enough people to playtest, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get the amount I need. That's where you come in.

The playtest is this Saturday, May 12th, in North Seattle. It runs from 1pm to 3pm, and one of the PAX officials, Christian Kelley, will be there to help get things rolling.

The event is at Third Place Commons, on the second floor by the stage. Just look for the mass of people.

The address is 17171 Bothell Way NE, Lake Forest Park, WA.

If you're in the area, please plan on coming to help us out. The more people we get, the more feedback they'll have and the better the game will be at PAX!

If you have questions or need more info, please email me.
dungeonmastersguide (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Here is the link to the event description.

http://dnd.meetup.com/192/calendar/5710067/

Jon Stewart on

• Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This forum is kinda slow, you'd get more play from the Of Dice and Men forum for this. (Oh and there's a reason the first 60 aren't coming back in force, the first playtest was a mostly unmitigated failure of epicly boring proportions. Even if the changes to the first iteration are massive, I don't think I could get the same friends to come again, let alone me.)

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    On one hand, that's my birthday and I'm very intrigued by this game.

On the other, I live in California.

/cry

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ET, any chance I could get you to give the playtesting process a chance? Perhaps even take back your remarks? I'm not asking you to change your mind about the game, I can respect your opinion, and if the game is obviously not for you, that's cool. But if your scathing review keeps other's from coming, then you're doing a great dissservice. The whole idea about a playtest is that's not supposed to be wildly entertaining. We're trying to break the game, we're trying to make it better.

Don't listen to ET everyone. The biggest reason to come is to be part of the creative process, to put your mark on the game itself. You can go to PAX with some experience with the game, and tell people, as you take their life, that you had a hand in creating this game.

Thanks for listening.

Jon Stewart on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    so, like, you wanna give us any sort of indication what sort of game this is, other than "oh, it's a con-game"?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    How could I have forgotten. This is the blurb from our first playtest. I talked to the CEO of the company, who said the free RPG thing still applies, although people who came to both playtests won't get two copies.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This is your chance to help make history. At PAX: The Penny Arcade Exposition, Technomancer Press will be setting a World Record for the largest single RPG ever held (expected attendance: over 10,000!). Technomancer Press has selected the Seattle D&D Meetup Group to playtest the combat system. This will be a cutting edge, new kind of game, where you will defeat other players in quick, single combat, and be ranked according to your kills. The number one combatant will win a free three day pass to PAX 2007. Every playtester will receive a copy of TerraDrive, a new science fiction RPG being released by Technomancer Press later this year. This book will retail for $24.99. Participation is limited to the first 100 players.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm afraid I don't have more detail on gameplay. I know it's kind of sparse.

Jon Stewart on
  • Options
    AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Jon Stewart is a fun guy and it's always great to meet other gamers who are going to be standing in line and playing you at this brand spankin' new game! Get the edge up on them by going to the playtest this Saturday at the 3rd Place Commons if you've got some time to spare. There may be nay-sayers (ElectricTurtle), but you should really go and judge for yourself! The people are cool, the game sounds pretty fun, and you'd be doing a great service to the gaming community by checking out and giving feedback to a brand new game that's still in its developmental stage. Check it out!

Be there, or be oblong...8-)

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    oblongs2.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    AstayonixAstayonix Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    oblongs2.jpg

Well-played, you sexy beast! :lol:

Astayonix on
    -=Astayonix=-
    http://www.n37radio.com
    Awesome Ideas With No Inititive
    IRC - radeon.slashdot.net #n37 key=topic
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Astayonix wrote: »
    Be there, or be oblong...8-)

Or be hundreds of miles away from Seattle...

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    munkyboy0930munkyboy0930 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    is it a video game or is it a pen and paper game I am confused? it sounds interesting and if I could get to seattle then I am be all for it but I am withou car and in vancouver so this is not going to happen for me.

munkyboy0930 on
    trainer.png
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    is it a video game or is it a pen and paper game I am confused? it sounds interesting and if I could get to seattle then I am be all for it but I am withou car and in vancouver so this is not going to happen for me.

Uh, dude, this was weeks ago.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    munkyboy0930munkyboy0930 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I don't pay mcuh attention to dates so I am fine with looking like an idiot for that, but I would still like to know if was a video game or a pen and paper game because they said something about giving away a book and I am confused

munkyboy0930 on
    trainer.png
  • Options
    ScotasianglishScotasianglish Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The game that was playtested here was more along the lines of a CCG, I believe. It's part of the Terradrive universe, Technomancer Press' new PnP RPG that will be debuing at PAX.

Scotasianglish on
    The original chinese-welsh-scotsman with a japanese last name.
This discussion has been closed.