As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

City of Herpes: Going Rogue: TANKS OWN, DEAL W/IT

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Boy at level 10 blasters really start to become mortal.

But I guess everything does at that point?

Enjoying my dual pistols blaster but I am not sure what to make of Swap Ammo... not really useful when soloing. Pretty nifty in teams however.

Jasconius on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    10-20 is pretty much the most infuriating part of the game to play

Pony on
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    GR is fucking good and that's all I have to say.

Oh, btw, if anyone wants to play with me i'm named @TheTerrible

Wallhitter on
    edited August 2010
    GR is really fucking good.

There's basically 6 completely different ways you can go through the mission chains

and that's not counting all the different combinations and shit

like "I'm an undercover Resistance fighter with the Wardens faction, doing the Responsibility mission line for the Loyalists"

Pony on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    also my dom is still better than your brute :rotate:

oh PL sold you his account?
    Raneados wrote: »
    man i really dig being a mastermind

i keep making masterminds

haven't played a MM since before you got to keep your units when you changed areas

gonna have to do that shit

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    in fact I'm gonna make another mastermind, as i'm not digging the demon-summoning dude

Raneados on
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I transferred my 40 elec/wp brute over to play with you hooligans. Global is Nethershock

Working on rogue missions so I can do blue stuff too!

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll prooooobably buy and transfer over soon

I bought the original CoH when it first came out

do i have to buy anything extra to play _________ or just game time?

Raneados on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you want access to Praetoria and all the Going Rogue content you will have to buy the expansion. It comes with a month of game time if it's a store bought box.

edit:

Best Buy has it on sale for $30.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
    edited August 2010
    From the ncsoft store, you can buy the $29 version which comes with no game time, or the $39 version which comes with a month of game time as well.

But if you have a best buy nearby, go there.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Boy at level 10 blasters really start to become mortal.

But I guess everything does at that point?

Enjoying my dual pistols blaster but I am not sure what to make of Swap Ammo... not really useful when soloing. Pretty nifty in teams however.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this

you should pretty much always be using a swapped ammo

Scooter on
    edited August 2010
    can I apply that month of gametime to an existing account?

Raneados on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes you can. I think for some reason if you use a buddy code you will not be able to re-sub with the key in Going Rogue. You'd have to buy a time card for that. Applying the going rogue time after. Just letting you know in case you planned on doing that.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    i enjoyed the shit out of this game for the time i played it. all playing as my time-traveling steampunk robot-armed super-genius.

Metzger Meister on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    just gonna play for 2 weeks on my returning subscriber's trial and then maybe pick up going rogue

who's on

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    edited August 2010
    I finally got my old account un-fucked via support ticket but I really like the new characters I made in trial. Sooooo.

Guess it's time for account #3.

Jasconius on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ugh nevermind i need to buy a month before i get a free two weeks? that's bullshit

maybe i'll buy going rogue sometime and get in then

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    ugh nevermind i need to buy a month before i get a free two weeks? that's bullshit

They kind of need to do that otherwise there would be casual people who would play for 15 days and then wait 90 days and play for another 15 days over and over.

Gear Girl on
    edited August 2010
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    Snowbeat wrote: »

They kind of need to do that otherwise there would be casual people who would play for 15 days and then wait 90 days and play for another 15 days over and over.

true but still 2 weeks isn't much of a bonus

whatever

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2010
    if you're playing for a month it's a bonus of 50%

I don't know how much more you can reasonably ask for

Tube on
    edited August 2010
    so i started a new dude, doing the Loyalist "Power" arc

oh my god you are such a dick-headed glory-hound it is amazing

brb beating up protesters for kicks

Pony on
    edited August 2010
    The best part of this expansion is the simultaneous lack of Freakshow and Circle of Thorn.

Jasconius on
    edited August 2010
    fr34k5 r 7h3 b357!

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    edited August 2010
    if i never see another fucking cave i'll die happy

bring on the fucking office buildings

also: are these hallways in Going Rogue supposed to be BLINDINGLY WHITE or is my graphics card just terrible

Raneados on
    edited August 2010
    I see the same thing Rane.

Pretty sure that's a bug or something.

Jasconius on
    edited August 2010
    at first i thought it was supposed to be like futuristic and sterile and stuff but it's REALLY REALLY WHITE

Raneados on
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    All my shit is downloaded, now I just need to see if this will run on my nettop. If it does I will hella be buying GR.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This sounds cool but man I can't spend any more money on PC games right now. I just bought Elemental and Star Rule and the STALKER pack on Steam.

captaink on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man I want to try out all the new content here

But the repetitiveness factor always kicks in so quickly for me

Hmm!

What new power sets have come in since the mission creator arrived? That might convince me

Ledneh on
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I cannot believe I forgot about my Plant/Spines Dominator, Brotanicals. He owns. He is also my highest character at 42

JohnHam on
    signature.png

edited August 2010
    Ah hahahahahaha

Love the resistance mission where you assault a PPD office with a gang of exploding zombies

Class A entertainment

Jasconius on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »
    So you're saying that it might be worth playing past the character creator now?

eff you it always was

Pffft.

sarukun on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    city of villains was, at least

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited August 2010
    I'll be honest

I think my number 1 problem with City of Heroes/Villains was mainly that I never had a crew to run with.

It had a host of other problems, but that was the ultimate deal breaker.

sarukun on
    edited August 2010
    Did you keep making plans with a group and not showing up? Because I could see how that would result in people just not asking you any more. Video games are funny like that.

Tube on
    edited August 2010
    Did you keep making plans with a group and not showing up? Because I could see how that would result in people just not asking you any more. Video games are funny like that.

Look I got sick, okay.

You would not have wanted me at you party sicking up the place, getting you sick on your vacation.

sarukun on
    edited August 2010
    I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm referring to the game City Of Heroes. Presumably in whatever situation you're talking about the virus also crippled your phone and internet and left you unable to drop a line like a normal person.

Tube on
    edited August 2010
    I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm referring to the game City Of Heroes. Presumably in whatever situation you're talking about the virus also crippled your phone and internet and left you unable to drop a line like a normal person.

To be honest, I didn't really think anybody would notice, but yes, that was not very considerate of me and I am sorry.

Edit: Although in my defense it is not like Paul ever answers his phone.

sarukun on
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Man I want to try out all the new content here

But the repetitiveness factor always kicks in so quickly for me

Hmm!

What new power sets have come in since the mission creator arrived? That might convince me

Well to start power customization is in. You can color basically any power and some of the powers have different models or animations. As for completely new power sets you have Dual Pistols, Demon Summoning, Kinetic Melee and Electric Control. See the MMO section OP for videos.

Also I haven't had a chance to play much of the new Praetoria content yet but from what I understand it has a much less repetitive feel, though I'm sure Pony or someone can better comment on that.

Gear Girl on
    edited August 2010
    I seem to have lost site on how to go undercover in the other faction... Help?

Jasconius on