As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blur] Call of Burnout2: Modern Mario Kart - Out Now!

1111213141517»

• OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    One of the final demands is to go 120mph for an entire lap... wtf..

Golden Gate Rush? That's the one track I could manage it on. Note that the game doesn't treat the start/finish line as the "beginning of a lap" in this case, but instead remembers the earliest point from which you maintained 120mph. As long as you return to that point having not dipped below 120mph, you'll get the achievement.

Pretty sure that's the only track you can do it on. There's only one area of that track that can screw up your speed (a little 'S' turn towards the middle of the track), but the rest of it is wide open and easy to keep up your speed on.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh hey I don't know if we're doing this still but

Durandal4532

Also I need to like buy this for a friend of mine just so he can be my rival.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • horseman85horseman85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Just bought this game for 24 dollars. This game can be pretty addicting and crazy. The only regret I have so far is that I still haven't experienced a full 20 player race yet.

dropofh2o

horseman85 on
    PSN ID: dropofh2o
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    On the PS3, I have not been able to connect to the Blur servers.

Does anyone else have this problem?

adytum on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ok , so I'm loving the Blur demo that finally hit ps3, but I notice there's like no population besides demo players, I love the multiplayer, but am I gonna get screwed if I get full game and level past the demo cap and have no one to race?

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I find there's usually about 250 in the 2-10 player rooms, 300+ in the 4-20 player rooms, 30-40 in team racing and Motor Mash, about 20 in pure racing, and a scattering of racers in the other modes. At least, that's how it is in the ranked rooms.

Also, I think the demo server is completely separate to the full game servers, since there seemed to be three times as many people on the demo. That, and the lack of anyone above rank 10... :)

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I find there's usually about 250 in the 2-10 player rooms, 300+ in the 4-20 player rooms, 30-40 in team racing and Motor Mash, about 20 in pure racing, and a scattering of racers in the other modes. At least, that's how it is in the ranked rooms.

Also, I think the demo server is completely separate to the full game servers, since there seemed to be three times as many people on the demo. That, and the lack of anyone above rank 10... :)

That's what I was hoping heh, ( was worried the rest were hiding in different race sections maybe)
    Sad part is I won't have any of the level 1-10 challenges left by the time I can get xp again, but think I gonna get it next week, and help contribute to the non demo server Population :P

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was completely unable to ever connect to the online servers with the PS3 version- over a period of a few weeks.

I'd imagine that has some effect on the online population.

adytum on
    edited August 2010
    I've yet to have a problem with the servers; I've maybe been disconnected once in nearly 300 races. That said, I've seen mass disconnections before; going from 6th out of 18 to 1st out of 2 halfway through a race was unintentionally hilarious. :D

BlitzAce1981 on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is there still a decent community for PA on this? Played some locally the other night and was spurred to grab it soon.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Me and the misses play a good bit, haven't recently but will definitely play more at some point in the near future.

Veevee on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well that's reason enough right there. I'll snag it soon.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited August 2010
    ...I really need to find some decent competition on the PS3 version. After having 4 bad races (well, 3 3rds and a 4th is bad for me, it seems... people interrupting my plan of racing for the night didn't help, either), I went on to effectively kill an entire room dead - turns out 10 straight wins causes everyone to leave. Iron Fist/Front Runner, Shielding Efficiency, and ECM are ridiculously overpowered when you know where the shields and nitros are. What's that? 5 of you want to fire shocks at me? And the other 4 want to fire shunts? My bay filled with 3 double-strength shields says no.

So anyway, use Shielding Efficiency and ECM, because they are awesome, and people will hate you for it.

On another note, fuck the track randomizer for the constant choice between Stormdrain Surge Class whatever-the-fuck-it-chooses, and Stormdrain Surge Class exactly-the-fucking-same-as-the-one-on-the-left. I had that happen three times in a row on Thursday.

BlitzAce1981 on
  • FiziksFiziks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This game is fun, until I left the rank 1-10 races. Then everyone with better cars just beats the shit out of me. Tell me theres something I can do until I start unlocking legendary cars....

Fiziks on
    Cvcwu.jpg
    edited August 2010
    Fiziks wrote: »
    This game is fun, until I left the rank 1-10 races. Then everyone with better cars just beats the shit out of me. Tell me theres something I can do until I start unlocking legendary cars....

First tip - beat all the bosses in single player first. The final boss gives you an upgraded Astra Extreme that has identical stats to the car you'd normally unlock at rank 50, meaning you're sorted for Class A. Class B, I can't really help, because you're really waiting on unlocking the Viper ACR (rank 27) for road races although you'll have a fully tuned BMW Concept 1 Series tii (Race) available from rank 1 thanks to one of the bosses. Class B off-road is a choice between the Nemesis (rank 7) and BMW X5 (rank 42). Class C is harder to call; the Beetle (Off-Road) (rank 2) is pretty good all round, except for faster road races you'll want a Shelby GT500 (rank 16) until you get the Supra (Smooth) (rank 33). As for Class D, don't even bother with the off-road cars, as they're just plain rubbish; you'll only get a seriously good car at rank 31, when you unlock the Challenger SRT8. Until then, the fully upgraded boss R230 (rank 4) and the fully upgraded boss Mustang (rank 14) should tide you over until rank 19, and the 350Z NISMO S-tune.

BlitzAce1981 on
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also know that while some cars are definitely better than others you can still win with any car. Even at rank 50 I would sometimes pull out the starting cars and get a top 3 finish without much difficulty. The real key is being lucky or good enough to not be fucked by everyone else. The real key is to enjoying the game is trying to kill the person in front of you and winning is just a by product of doing that successfully.

Veevee on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The one car I always pick, unless it's an offroad track because the Nemesis is in the same bracket, is the Viper ACR. I tend to mix up the cars in other brackets and used the use the Exige but the Viper is freaking awesome.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal