As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAXaoke?

2»

• EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Enigmas wrote: »
    I'm a local and a huge karaoker! As a matter of fact, one of my favorite karaoke nights is the Thursday before PAX (every first and third Thursday at Vermillion Bar and Gallery).
    Frances Farmer Organ Karaoke
    It's strange and wonderful and got quite a good recommendation from the local paper that matters, The Stranger. And yeah, I'm the one they quote at the beginning of the article. Cause it is quite awesome.

I'll be there with a few friends. If any PAXers want to join, I'll make sure to display my badge.

Holy hell - that actually looks incredible. I think I might introduce a poll to see what people think. Is it usually packed?

It can get busy on First Thursday cause it's an Art Walk night and a lot of artists are friends with the host. But I'll be there at 7:30 to get a table and we could probably fill up the slots with PAXers easily.

Enigmas on
    3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    All right, I've looked over the songlist and I'm almost certain this will be earth-shatteringly good. Hula Hula can wait until Sunday night. I'll see you there for 7:30-8ish.

MrBartokomous on
    edited August 2010
    All right, I've looked over the songlist and I'm almost certain this will be earth-shatteringly good. Hula Hula can wait until Sunday night. I'll see you there for 7:30-8ish.

I'm seriously giddy with excitement. :rotate:

Enigmas on
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

• NrrrdkingNrrrdking Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    Enigmas wrote: »

I'm seriously giddy with excitement. :rotate:

As am I.

FFOK is a religious experience akin to God rubbing your tummy.

Nrrrdking on
    edited August 2010
    I know there's still a few weeks 'til the official PAXaoke night, but, this Thursday is Third Thursday, therefore, it is FFOK night at Vermillion.

If any locals want to get a taste of the awesome early, I'll be there. With Nrrrdking even.

Enigmas on

edited August 2010
    How was it last Thursday?

I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to get pretty psyched at this point after reading some of the reviews online.

MrBartokomous on
    edited August 2010
    How was it last Thursday?

I'm not gonna lie, I'm starting to get pretty psyched at this point after reading some of the reviews online.

Another fun filled time. My group left around 11:30, but apparently there was frat boy hyjinx after we left. Someone started singing 'Welcome to the Jungle' when someone from the audience called him out and there was some sort of brouhaha. I'm very annoyed I had work in the morning that pulled me away. In honor of the incident, 'Welcome to the Jungle' has been retired, as the awesomeness of the moment can not be repeated.

I started the night off with a lovely rendition of 'Sunny Day, the Sesame Street Theme'. Apparently the feel-good feelings did not last.

Enigmas on

• BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    :( Plans have changed a bit on my end, so Brian and I won't be able to make it. /sadface

BrennaCeDria on
  • BigskaBigska Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dibs on "Don't Stop Me Now" :mrgreen:

Bigska on
    o_O "I think I made an PWN. I also think I have stumbled upon a new noun. hmm... most troublesome..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BrennaCeDriaBrennaCeDria Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Bigska wrote: »
    Dibs on "Don't Stop Me Now" :mrgreen:

Damn, I LOVE that song! Oh, well. I might be doing an Argosy murder mystery cruise Friday night, and that means less going-out-ness Thursday.

BrennaCeDria on
  • mutantmintmutantmint Registered User new member
    edited August 2010
    I'd love to go to Karaoke!!

mutantmint on
  • SpaceGhost2KSpaceGhost2K Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Things like this may keep me from taking the train next year, because there's so much great stuff on Thursday that I'll miss.

SpaceGhost2K on
  • ChurchesWifeChurchesWife Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Not sure if this has been asked yet, but it the Karaoke bar age-gated at all?

Being 20 is pretty gay.

ChurchesWife on
    Call me Ze.

achievementhunter.com/ChurchsWife
    Twitter.com/ChurchesWife
    edited August 2010

Being 20 is pretty gay.

I'm pretty sure unless you're actually gay, there's nothing that makes you homosexual just because you're 20, or any other age for that matter.

But yeah, this is at a bar, so underage people would have problems getting in.

Enigmas on

edited August 2010

Being 20 is pretty gay.

I'm not certain how they handle drinking age enforcement, but the norm is "don't let under-21s in" at most places. It's possible that you could get in without incident, but by no means certain, so unless you have backup plans to go elsewhere, I'd have to recommend against attending as I wouldn't want anyone to come all that way only to get turned back at the door.

MrBartokomous on
  • RoadBlockRoadBlock Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Seattle's Best Karaoke has no age limits. I just can't give you any of the delicious booze I'll be bringing.

Also, A WILD ZE APPEARED. sup, bby?

RoadBlock on
    edited September 2010
    A note from the venerable Organ Monkey:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=138438116199167

''Hey. You. Can you take your eyes offa the TV and put the damn Xbox controller down for just one second? I got somethin’ to tell ya: PAX is here! That’s right: Friday starts the 6th annual Penny Arcade Expo at the WA State Convention Center, the yearly celebration of console games, computer games, and tabletop games.

Roughly 60,000 people from around the world will be here this weekend, with nothing to do on Thursday night before... the event. Hellllooooooooo Sailor! Let’s bring ‘em all up to FRANCES FARMER ORGAN KARAOKE and whip them into shape.

Cuz so many of these gamers are karaoke freaks. But that’s not what’s important right now. What’s important is: FFOK is Gamer Friendly! Just look at all of these game-centric selections on the list:

STILL ALIVE – GLaDOS computer from “PORTAL”
    SUPER MARIO BROTHERS – Main Theme
    DARTH VADER QUOTE FROM STAR WARS EPISODE 4, 5 and 6
    CANTINA BAND THEME
    SPIDERMAN THEME
    CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND 5-NOTE ALIEN MOTIF (this IS a game)
    BATMAN THEME
    AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE THEME
    HARVEY BIDRMAN ATTORNEY AT LAW THEME
    RED DWARF THEME
    STAR TREK THEME
    NOKIA CELL PHONE RING WALTZ (this IS a game)

Plus: many many more, but my attention span is low, so I can’t remember.

Throw a lasso around anyone you see with a 12-sided die and drag them up the hill to Vermillion Gallery and Bar between 8pm and 1am tonight!

The Organ Monkey"

Oh, it's on.

Enigmas on

This discussion has been closed.