As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Du. Du [chat]. Du [chat] mich.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Was Kirby All Stars the one with the pet hamster dude you can ride?

no, but you can give up a power you're using to get a CPU (or player controlled) ally version of the enemy you get that power from.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Guys you are telling me that the SNES Kirby is the best Kirby game.

But it doesn't sound like you can ride 3 different pets that gain cool powers based on whatever powers you have recently absorbed.

So I am skeptical.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    The used game thread is really stupid.

I should stop reading it
    But I know I won't D:

Rubber string around your arm. Broken glass from spent reading glasses on the floor. Smoking ashes in a bong, of printed out pages of the thread.

Yet you go straight back.

The guy going "when you buy a hamburger game developers dont see any of that money, PIRACY"

makes me want to do some heroin

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited August 2010

But it doesn't sound like you can ride 3 different pets that gain cool powers based on whatever powers you have recently absorbed.

So I am skeptical.

how many times do I have to quote myself

Nerdgasmic on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Can you combine two different powers to get different effects?

Like fire and spiky to get fire spikes or something?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Kirby Super Star was undeniably the best Kirby game until Kirby Super Star Ultra came out, which is just the same thing except with some added stuff.

Imagine when you get each power, a whole moveset is available to you. So great.

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited August 2010

no, but like I said, each power has way more abilities than any other Kirby game.

Nerdgasmic on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mori, I am a bit late. But my main guy who has gone through Origins and Awakening is a dual wielding warrior who also tanks for his group which for origins was Wynn, Morrigan and Leliana. Never had a problem. So you can run fine without a sword and board warrior.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

The guy going "when you buy a hamburger game developers dont see any of that money, PIRACY"

makes me want to do some heroin

Non d&d regulars make analogies that comic gabe would be proud of.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2010

So I am skeptical.

Your post doesn't really address my concern.

Which is that riding pets with unique powers based on the powers you absorbed was pretty goddamn awesome.

And this game doesn't have that.

So how can it be the best Kirby?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Man I had a sword and board human and I got murdered lots of times.

Blood mage in the capital city was utter bullshit, I had to glitch the game to complete it.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

So I am skeptical.

Which is that riding pets with unique powers based on the powers you absorbed was pretty goddamn awesome.

Rick, Kine, Coo or whatever that owl's name was and those other companions can suck it.

You can make a Wheelie helper you can ride though.

Rear Admiral Choco on
    edited August 2010

So I am skeptical.

Because it has so much more that.

Nerdgasmic on
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

I don't think that was introduced until Crystal Shards on the 64.

James on
    edited August 2010
    Nerd, Choco, that other guy who said it was the best game last page but I can't remember who

I am trusting you

Because I had a rockin' good time with the Kirby game boy game.

So if this is better, then it will be awesome.

I am trusting you.

If this game sucks, I'm coming to kill you all.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, unfortunately until we find a way to do better compression for high def we're not going to stop using physical media anytime soon, even with broadband. I mean hell, even streaming Netflix in HD takes like four or five gigs of bandwidth. A good 1080P download from live marketplace is like 8 gigs on average, and last time I rented an HD movie it still took me like an hour of downloading before it was buffered enough to start, and I couldn't fast forward.

Good H.264 encodes can get a 1080p stream down to about 10 mbps without sacrificing any quality. That's about 2 and a half hours of 1080p FMV in 12GB. So yeah, I guess even with the best we have today, it's still too slow. 720p is much, much more viable. A film fits into about 4GB at reasonable quality and can be streamed over most any broadband with just a little buffering.

For some reason, most services don't hit that sweet spot.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh Dark Mother of Death
    Give me the Strength to pull off Sick Air
    While striking down these Unseemly Bastards.
    Let my Ride gather speed and go exponential
    in the name of Unholy Boredom!

Gim on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nerd, Choco, that other guy who said it was the best game last page but I can't remember who

I am trusting you

Because I had a rockin' good time with the Kirby game boy game.

So if this is better, then it will be awesome.

I am trusting you.

If this game sucks, I'm coming to kill you all.

It's good to see trust making a comeback.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited August 2010
    A kirby that combined Super Star's power depth with Crystal Shard's power hybrids and Amazing Mirror's Metroid style exploration would be amazing.

Nerdgasmic on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    James wrote: »

True, we downloaded that on the VC a couple weeks ago when I was looking for a fun kirby game to play and needed to spend some of my wii points I got last christmas.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited August 2010
    Man I had a sword and board human and I got murdered lots of times.

Blood mage in the capital city was utter bullshit, I had to glitch the game to complete it.

That whole area was bullshit, I just used the cast spells in rooms glitch to cheat my way through that section.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2010

So I am skeptical.

Rick, Kine, Coo or whatever that owl's name was and those other companions can suck it.

You can make a Wheelie helper you can ride though.

Dude you did not just diss the motherfucking hamster!

0.jpg

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited August 2010
    My standard battle plan for non-dragon hard fights.

Rogue stealths in, sets up trap, crit shots a bad guy, runs to the rest of the part. Warrior has threaten on, whirlwinds. Drop mass paralyze and sleep on enemies. Throw on living nightmare. Clean up. Rinse and repeat.

Casters get petrify/stone fist. Or cone of cold/stone fist. With Awakening, use the dual wield combo on those I can't instant kill so they are slowed, on the floor and getting chain critted for about 100 a shot from my insane axes.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    huzzah! I have fixed the auto-focus!

now i can read webcomics and stuff while it scans again!

Arch on
    edited August 2010
    A lot of Dragon Age fights for me involved doing the same thing over and over and losing, and then somehow it would eventually work.

Honk on
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, unfortunately until we find a way to do better compression for high def we're not going to stop using physical media anytime soon, even with broadband. I mean hell, even streaming Netflix in HD takes like four or five gigs of bandwidth. A good 1080P download from live marketplace is like 8 gigs on average, and last time I rented an HD movie it still took me like an hour of downloading before it was buffered enough to start, and I couldn't fast forward.

Good H.264 encodes can get a 1080p stream down to about 10 mbps without sacrificing any quality. That's about 2 and a half hours of 1080p FMV in 12GB. So yeah, I guess even with the best we have today, it's still too slow. 720p is much, much more viable. A film fits into about 4GB at reasonable quality and can be streamed over most any broadband with just a little buffering.

Honestly I rented Surrogates in HD from xbox live in 1080 and then watched it in 720 on Netflix Streaming and I couldn't tell a difference between the two.

I'm fine with 720 being the standard for streaming if it would help the market shift toward digital distribution.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
    edited August 2010

Yeah I looked it up, that must have been my imagination. I thought I did it in the game boy game, but looking at a writeup of it, I think I was wrong.

That game was pretty sweet, though, no lie.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited August 2010
    Surrogates. What a bad movie.

Honk on
    edited August 2010
    My dragon age strategies all hinged on me rolling an Arcane Warrior and setting the difficulty to Easy. 8-)

Nerdgasmic on
    edited August 2010
    And yeah Choco you can basically suck my balls, the pets in Dream Land 2 were fucking awesome.

Owl + shooter Kirby = filling the screen with projectiles

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited August 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Rogue stealths in, sets up trap, crit shots a bad guy, runs to the rest of the part. Warrior has threaten on, whirlwinds. Drop mass paralyze and sleep on enemies. Throw on living nightmare. Clean up. Rinse and repeat.

Casters get petrify/stone fist. Or cone of cold/stone fist. With Awakening, use the dual wield combo on those I can't instant kill so they are slowed, on the floor and getting chain critted for about 100 a shot from my insane axes.

My runthrough with a mage, I loved that one spell that made a baddie into a bomb, and when he died he would explode and cause others to become a bomb.

Combine that with the ice cone and stone fist to shatter the enemy. :lol:

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

i know exactly zero people who have seen it

nexuscrawler on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A lot of Dragon Age fights for me involved doing the same thing over and over and losing, and then somehow it would eventually work.

lucky rolls, dogg

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited August 2010
    What is a good game, besides Mario Kart and Worms (and Pokemon), to play with other DS folks at PAX?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    4GB per video is still a lot for anyone not in a major American city or suburb. Canada has bandwidth limits, Australia has crazy bandwidth limits, etc.

James on
    edited August 2010

It's better that way.

Honk on
    edited August 2010

I saw it, I think it was marketed as an action movie when it wasn't, but I thought it presented an interesting story.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited August 2010
    I played it on normal or hard. I don't remember which, but I know I had to watch friendly fire. And living bomb though fun, could be dangerous to put on stuff that wanted to get in my face. Great on archers/casters though.

Also have a templar use its range aoe stun on a group of casters was the most awesome thing ever.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »

mine was much simpler,

warrior charges in and taunts everyone.

mage casts forcefield on warrior.

2 bow rogues and a fireball kill everything.

Dunadan019 on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    4GB per video is still a lot for anyone not in a major American city or suburb. Canada has bandwidth limits, Australia has crazy bandwidth limits, etc.

Communism!

moniker on
This discussion has been closed.