As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Worms Reloaded - Cluster Bombs and Butt Scooching

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ah, there was a steam client update!

and I checked the support forums, apparently I can fix that issue by deleting clientregistry.blob

VALVEjunkie on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I get a problem where I have no sound except some voice chat in the game. Just silence.

UEAKCrash on
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gnomocide wrote: »
    It appears I have no sound in-game.

Update your DirectX.

freakish light on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh wow ToTP and everything, too. Thanks.

UEAKCrash on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    A shame the game doesn't have cloud support.

edit: also a shame that this is totp

SteevL on
  • ManDanceManDance Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I hate when games don't clearly have a push to talk option. For those who don't know, all you have to do is switch your steam client to push to talk and all steamworks games will follow suit. It's not too bad in worms, but it kills Kane and Lynch 2's multi.

ManDance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    this is the most fun I've had in quite a while!

even the PUGs are a blast as long as everybody knows how to get to the chat menu(ITS THE ~ KEY BY DEFAULT THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

VALVEjunkie on
  • crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So...I have designed a 2 Fort map if anyone is interested in trying it out. It's as fun as the real 2 Fort.

crucialityfactor on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would like to try it

how does one share maps in this?

TheySlashThem on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just wanna play a game already. Someone invite me to one.

Adus on
  • crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I would like to try it

how does one share maps in this?

That is a great question! I have no idea...

Edit: Think I found it! Maps are saved in Steam/steamapps/common/worms reloaded/UserLandscapes

Try pasting the map file into that folder:

http://rapidshare.com/files/415172991/CTF_2Fort.lds

crucialityfactor on
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Should we get a Worms Penny Arcade Multi Player group going?

Done; I created a group called Worm Wangs

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WWPA/

mrt144 on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Team size limited to 4?

*headdesk*

It's like technology is going backwards the way these morons consistently fail to match A 10 year old game.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Rami wrote: »
    Team size limited to 4?

*headdesk*

It's like technology is going backwards the way these morons consistently fail to match A 10 year old game.

I'm quite happy with it being 4, I mean the option to have more would have been nice but alternatively if there's any more than 4 I tend to lose track of which worms I have alive. Also I run out of original names for them.

Maybe I'm just stupid.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It dawned on me this is just a port of the (crappy) Armageddon 2 released on XBLA. It's missing so many features I just...Team 17 must be one of the most incompetent developers out there.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh noooo, so don't buy it. Problem solved.

Adus on
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It dawned on me this is just a port of the (crappy) Armageddon 2 released on XBLA. It's missing so many features I just...Team 17 must be one of the most incompetent developers out there.

Really. Don't we all pretty much agree that WWW was the best one? Or even the ones before taht were great. Armegeddon 2 was the last one released on XBLA right? It was pretty good, but still missing so much. Even if its not in standard, include it so we can add it in our custom rules.

And I know the cluster bomb was once out of control, but man has it sucked in the 2 on XBLA.

So is this just the one available for XBLA? If the steam group picks up maybe I'll pick it up.

Tommatt on
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Yeah, I have to say, I'm kind of regretting buying it... it feels like a bit of a step back from World Party, to be honest.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • klokklok Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't mind less worms but what I'm afraid of is I keep hearing they took out a bunch of weapons from the old games.

klok on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can confirm that it still has:

- Super Sheep
    - Concrete Donkey

I'm all set.

RMS Oceanic on
    edited August 2010

- Super Sheep
    - Concrete Donkey

I'm all set.

No holy hand grenade = instant fail

Tommatt on
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tommatt wrote: »

- Super Sheep
    - Concrete Donkey

I'm all set.

Oh, it has that too. And banana bombs.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Dignified PauperDignified Pauper Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    banana bombs, holy hand grenade, and sheep are all that matter. It's no WWP, but it's still pretty good.

Dignified Pauper on
    PSN: DignifiedPauper
    3DSFF: 5026-4429-6577
  • BiopticBioptic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Drascin wrote: »

Yeah, I have to say, I'm kind of regretting buying it... it feels like a bit of a step back from World Party, to be honest.

Does World Party run on Windows 7 64-bit, though? I actually rather want to buy it, but it was released nearly 10 years ago, and Armageddon certainly won't run.

This is perhaps the reason for the slight backlash - this is the first 'proper' 2D worms game to be released on PC in a decade (longer if you count Worms 2 to World Party as one), and it's a console port that actually removes some of the orginal features. Whilst an entirely new version would be nice, I'd settle for a port of WP that worked on 64-bit, allowed 1920*1080 and used the Steam multiplayer infrastructure.

Bioptic on
    edited August 2010

- Super Sheep
    - Concrete Donkey

I'm all set.

Oh, it has that too. And banana bombs.

Ok, so I guess my question is then, whats different from their last XBLA release? I remember freshman year, having the demo for worms. Its all I played all summer with my lil bro and friends. To this day, on thanksgiving, me my borther and dad will bust out worms.

Tommatt on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And I know the cluster bomb was once out of control, but man has it sucked in the 2 on XBLA.

Cluster bombs have always sucked except for the glitch that let you stick them in someone's head.

Zek on
    edited August 2010
    Zek wrote: »

Cluster bombs have always sucked except for the glitch that let you stick them in someone's head.

I could have swore one verion did at least 25 dmg for the grenade, and 15 dmg per cluster, if not 50 dmg for the grenade and 25 per cluster.

Tommatt on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    There was a weapons crate that gave you high-powered cluster bombs.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So they still didn't make a version that manages to have feature parity with games that came out over a decade ago? Hmm, how disappointing. Steam sale material y/n?

Zxerol on
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Shity Op update with PA Group Listing and Map Sharing Location - Done.

Also clarified the Whole Chat button thing. ~

If You guys think of anything else that needs to be Added to the Op, just let me know.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    edited August 2010
    Zxerol wrote: »
    So they still didn't make a version that manages to have feature parity with games that came out over a decade ago? Hmm, how disappointing. Steam sale material y/n?

2 steps forward, one step back, oppisites attrack.

Or maybe its two steps backwards one step forward when it comes to worms. I love the series (minues 3d) Maybe they're just trying to nickle and dime us before rereleasing WWP on the world!

Tommatt on
    edited August 2010
    As someone who first experienced Worms on a console, I've been having trouble getting used to the default controls. I guess I should switch jump and fire because I keep trying to jump with spacebar.

SteevL on
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was about to go to bed last night when i noticed this thread. something old and familier reached up from my gut, and controled my body long enough to purchase this on steam.

My Wyrms of Death shall defeat you all.

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You guys should share your grievances with Team17. Give them a chance to be receptive!

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • IdolisideIdoliside Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Just played a MP game with Centipeed and Noisymunk, hilarious. I managed to cock up the win twice.

Chat needs work tho...

Idoliside on
    Proud member of Noah's Wangship Steam Group
    iusb_760x100.8161697.jpgBunting, Owls and Cushions! Feecloud Designs
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Does the mic broadcast by default in this game? Had to unplug it just to stop it doing that.

subedii on
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    subedii wrote: »
    Does the mic broadcast by default in this game? Had to unplug it just to stop it doing that.

I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread that Worms: Reloaded uses the Steam settings for your microphone.

So you might want to check those, right-click on the Steam icon in your systray, click on "Settings" and look under the Voice tab. It might be set to transmit automatically.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I just checked that as soon as I posted and changed it.

Bit bizarre though, I thought I had already set it to PTT. More relevantly, I don't think any other game I've got used Steam's chat settings for the in-game voice settings before.

subedii on
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    subedii wrote: »
    Yeah, I just checked that as soon as I posted and changed it.

Bit bizarre though, I thought I had already set it to PTT. More relevantly, I don't think any other game I've got used Steam's chat settings for the in-game voice settings before.

Yeah, mine was set to PTT originally as well. I guess a Steam update undid that or something. I can't recall another game that uses Steam's chat settings either.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
    edited August 2010
    I'm kind of confused about how the shop works. I bought the holy hand grenade and banana bomb, but neither one showed up in my inventory when I played some games against my fiancee last night.

edit: Also, I was happy to find out it supports my wired 360 controller. Since I started playing Worms on consoles, this makes life easier.

SteevL on