As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Clean up a futon

Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
For the past few months I've been sleeping on a futon on a low frame. I haven't really had sheets or anything, just a thin blanket that I lay over the futon and then other blankets I slept over. I'm moving out today and I took all the blankets off, and apparently a lot of stuff managed to work its way under the "sheet" blanket, because the futon is absolutely covered in dust. How can I get this stuff off? Vacuum? Take it outside and beat it?

Charles Kinbote on

• Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Vacuum. Or you can try with one of those sticky things used for clothing (no idea what it's called in English).

In principle beating may work but it ill very hard work and depending on how the Futon is build it may not hold up to it.

BlindZenDriver on
    Bones heal, glory is forever.
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You're thinking of a lint roller, Zen. That might work, if it's just little specs of fluff left from your blanket.

I really don't see it being dust, since there would have to be an ungodly amount to be able to see it on a mattress.

Have you tried anything yet and it didn't work, or was it so confusing you gave up? I don't see anything being so resilient on there that a good vacuum won't fix.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    anonymityanonymity __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Aren't you just supposed to take it outside and beat it like your dad when he got home from drinking?

anonymity on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd take a vacuum to it, the more suction the better. Got a shop vac handy?

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Take it outside and beat it over a fence and then vaccuum it.

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition