As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[True Blood] #2 (Book Spoilers Likely) - Last Ep Season 3 Finale "Evil Is Going On"

CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
edited September 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
TRUE BLOOD

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfWszUEzUPKdon4c0JH99Sk5ggrkgxLaUH9SeMljCT-TErFwA&t=1&usg=__EZs8Qys95YdPr45q6nVH00GUt_8=
aphc7t.jpg
Cade wrote: »
And for those that wanted an animated gif of Jessica doing her thing:

Ta da
Figured some might like a bunch of Jessica pictures and gifs right here.

Also a big thing some people might not know is that Jessica has a blog online, yes I said Jessica that has things posted in reference to how she's thinking/going through.

http://babyvamp-jessica.com/
From the last episode, two gifs found that people will like.
One punch!
Bad dog

Welcome to the fantasy world of Charlaine Harris' collection of Sookie Stackhouse novels as re-envisioned by Alan Ball and company, as seen on HBO Sunday nights currently in its 3rd season. Its a world a lot like our own, only there is a twist, almost every fictional creature there is turns out to be real and the vampires are the first to tell the world they exist. For Sookie Stackhouse, played by Anna Paquin, who has a semi-secret of her own in her lil'town of Bon Temps since she can read/hear other people's thoughts, this sends her life and everyone in her world on paths they were never expecting to ever have to deal with. And we discuss if as this crazy shit happens to the characters if they are going to get naked or gore fest, so don't be shocked if you find yourself uncomfortable watching this with your mother-in-law or whoever.

Here is the previous thread and a bit of its OP:
Nerissa wrote: »
http://www.hbo.com/trueblood/

Quick overview:

The series takes place in the small Louisiana town of Bon Temps, outside of Shreveport. With the invention in Japan of artificial blood that meets their nutritional needs, vampires have "come out of the coffin" and are fighting for their rights as citizens.

Sookie Stackhouse, a waitress in a bar in Bon Temps, "hears" people's thoughts, and is mostly unable to control it. Then she meets a vampire named Bill when he comes into the bar. Sookie and Bill are the two main characters in the entire series.

The first book in the series is Dead Until Dark.

Thanks for starting us off there Nerissa.

Why Book Spoilers Are Likely:
Well, the show has pretty much diverged yet stayed mostly true to the books since then, so even if you have read the books, you are in for quite a few surprises still - so by discussing the show we may inadvertently be discussing things happening in the books - even if you already know about the faery.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqVqbifXgAjUpv5onzR1dPRNggwvqE6ZDIl42y2EolMOPDJRg&t=1&usg=__ezgygtSgKO5f7JO8OVwLilQI2fw=

No, not that one, the magical kind. Oh wait... Nevermind, who knows how long that will be the case, because Lafayette is awesome but getting more awesome all the time. You got that Hookah?

So, come get your mind in the entertaining blood filled gutter, Sookie and friends certainly have...

true-blood-season-3_5101-thumb-510x347-164462.jpg

steam_sig.png
CanadianWolverine on

• Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah better title please.

Lady Eri on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They've been slacking on the tits lately.

Xeddicus on
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Book spoilers likely? Awesome.

And by awesome I mean another thread I'm wary to look into because I don't want upcoming stuff spoiled by people who read the books and don't like spoiler tags.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Good OP, I enjoy opening the thread and seeing Jessica.

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, put all book spoilers in spoiler tags please thanks!

And make that a thread rule or something...

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Decent OP, I would have used the gif from earlier on in the thread that someone made of Jessica waving, but at least we're all happy about opening it with a picture of Jessica.:mrgreen:

The more I see those wallpapers the more I notice symbolism embedded in them. I just now noticed that there are 9 main recurring characters on the show, an even 4 of which are vampires (placed on the left) and another even 4 of which are humans (placed on the right), and there's Sookie sort of in the middle. All of the humans are staring at the vampires except for Jason (maybe cause he's the only one that's not really worried about Sookie being with Bill?). Also everyone is staring at someone else on screen except for Bill, Sookie, and Eric (the love triangle).

Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but I didn't really like the wallpapers at first. They're starting to grow on me I guess.

...also, JESUS TURNS INTO AN OWL/CRAB CREATURE IN BOOK 7!!!

Just kidding, I've only read up to book 3, lawls.

KoopahTroopah on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Almost made this thread myself with the title "Down in the South We Suck and Blow All Night", seemed appropriate considering the last few replies in the previous thread and the nature of the show itself.

Now for the important matter at hand.

People still demand Jessica naked.

Cade on
  • C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have begun watchin the show and am currently at the end of season 2.

It's wrong of me to actually prefer Jason to Lafayette as a charachter? Because that dude makes the worst plotplines possible awesome.

(Not to mention he has the best power of them all)

C2B on
  • AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Can't wait for this weekend. Evil HBO previews. >.>

Aurin on
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Aurin wrote: »
    Can't wait for this weekend. Evil HBO previews. >.>

on the sad side the season is almost over :(

valiance on
  • AvicusAvicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    C2B wrote: »
    I have begun watchin the show and am currently at the end of season 2.

It's wrong of me to actually prefer Jason to Lafayette as a charachter? Because that dude makes the worst plotplines possible awesome.

(Not to mention he has the best power of them all)

Kwanten really is one of the best actors on the show. Every time he is on the screen its hilarious. And it must have been difficult to get the accent down. Aussie actors always seem to be able to do a large range of accents. I guess it must have something to do with getting lots of american tv as well as british that makes us used to both.

Avicus on
    stephen_coop.gifkim_coop.gifscott_guitar.gif
  • CanadianWolverineCanadianWolverine Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lady Eri wrote: »
    Yeah better title please.

Changed the title just for you and will change as often as (possible) anyone likes.
    Decent OP, I would have used the gif from earlier on in the thread that someone made of Jessica waving, but at least we're all happy about opening it with a picture of Jessica.:mrgreen:

Luckily I found that by guessing roughly what page that was last thread, threw that in a spoiler below it or would you rather the image playing just below our sultry supposed former teenager?

Any other images or links anyone wants in there?
    Book spoilers likely? Awesome.

And by awesome I mean another thread I'm wary to look into because I don't want upcoming stuff spoiled by people who read the books and don't like spoiler tags.
    syndalis wrote: »
    Yeah, put all book spoilers in spoiler tags please thanks!

And make that a thread rule or something...

Well, I tried to make it a bit more obvious for you guys, sure I know I have been bad for spoiling the books myself in the last thread, even though I was throwing them in tags anyways at times out of habit, but I figure when we discuss the events of the show we just inadvertently spoil events in the books since the show by now is loosely following the books, even though it diverges enough that we get the awesome Lafayette still and other various hijinx. Its the same way I figure discussing pretty much any show based on some books, like say HBO's upcoming Game of Thrones or AMC's upcoming The Walking Dead, would end up in some fashion spoiling bits of the books. Hope that part of the title makes a bit more sense.

Plus I was more or less copy/pasting that from the last thread, so if it is not favoured, it can always be changed. Just like the other stuff in this reply, I am willing to easily listen and obey edit for the most part, just so long as it isn't breaking some rule of which I hope I am aware of.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2010
    Figured some might like a bunch of Jessica pictures and gifs right here.

Also a big thing some people might not know is that Jessica has a blog online, yes I said Jessica that has things posted in reference to how she's thinking/going through.

http://babyvamp-jessica.com/

Might be worth adding to the OP for the Jessica devotees.

Cade on
  • CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And I'm a little shocked by how many people in here are still uncomfortable by two guys kissing. It's goddamn 2010, and we're on the precipice of making homosexual marriage legal. Two dudes kissing on TV doesn't even elicit so much as a perplexed raised eyebrow for me anymore.

I'm fine with two gay people having sex and getting married, but watching the making out / sex is a little tiny bit uncomfortable. I don't squirm or fidget or anything like that when it happens. I'm not repulsed by it or anything like that it is just a bit outside the norm of what I see in my daily life or regular tv viewing habbits. Hell I would be a little uncomfortable watching a straight couple who were 90 years old having sex on tv.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is this where we can all voice our desires to see Jessica naked? Figured we'd get it out of the way on page one.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jessica in the OP = :^: Good job Canadian.

They really handled the Lafayette/Jesus relationship perfectly so far. You (well, I anyway) was actually rooting for them to kiss. I'm glad to see Lafayette really happy for once.

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
    edited August 2010
    That sultry picture was just too good to pass up and Cade did up some awesome gifs he was kind enough to share with us.

Yeah, the Lafayette/Jesus, glad to hear my wife and I weren't the only ones rooting for Lafayette's character. I am so glad the way season one ended didn't follow the books when season two kicked off.

Oh, has anyone posted this yet? Found the start of some Comic Con True Blood 2010 panel here.

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
    edited August 2010
    Oh I can't take the credit for those gifs, like much everything they were something I found but thought everyone here would appreciate seeing a good deal.

Cade on
    edited August 2010
    What IS that first picture of Jessica/Deborah Ann Woll from, anyway?

Xeddicus on
    edited August 2010
    From the last episode, two gifs found that people will like, I'll link them in the spoiler box just in case.

Cade on
  • KhaczorKhaczor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the .gifs.

Khaczor on
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Xeddicus wrote: »

yeah, where?

valiance on
    edited August 2010
    valiance wrote: »

yeah, where?

The episode where Eric and Pam return Jessica to Bill, second season, IIRC.

Edit: Oops, nope, didn't recall correctly. 'True Blood: You'll Be the Death of Me (#1.12)' (2008) "Hi Daddy." ... "So, who's good to eat around here?"

Jessicafangs.gif

CanadianWolverine on
    steam_sig.png
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dear God she is hot!

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I forgot Jessica was a bit of a wild child in the beginning. How did I forget? :( WHY did I forget?

tallgeeze on
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    I forgot Jessica was a bit of a wild child in the beginning. How did I forget? :( WHY did I forget?

Because she was obnoxious at first.

Teriferin on
    teriferin#1625
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, she's much hotter to me now as a perky vamp, than before as a wild child.

belligerent on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh sweet jesus. What a cliffhanger.

TWO WEEKS? REALLY?! WHHHHHHHHHHY?!

KoopahTroopah on
  • DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Man, I loved that In Memory clip right before the show tonight.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited August 2010
    That was ridiculously awesome.

God, the wait for the next episode isntoing to be killer.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TRAITOR!

Enjoyable episode. Roommate walked into the room and said "If I didn't know about True Blood... this dialogue..." this was around when Russel was talking about faeries just hopping around the world.

OnTheLastCastle on
  • AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pam is still awesome.

Not surprised by Hoyt's mom.

Hooray for Jessica!

And go Eric go!

Aurin on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    next week's preview
    Eric? dead? I sure as hell hope not! Throw sookie's barely alive body out there for him to suck on to keep going

override367 on
  • MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tommy was adorable / sad when Sam went off on him.

I like him.

MrMister on
  • Lady EriLady Eri Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tommy does have adorable points in those instances.

Lady Eri on
    edited August 2010
    Tommy was pathetic and sad, yeah, but that's totally at odds with his asshole ways. So he gets no sympathy from me. He would have deserved 1 more chance, though, since Sam was being a giant ass when he kicked him out versus just deciding to stop putting up with Tommy's shit. But then he turns back into an asshole so QQ Tommy.

Speaking of QQ: Lets say everything at the end was playing out how Sookie thought it was. What the fuck was she blaming Bill for? What was he supposed to do? Get them both killed by pissing them off? Suddenly come up with a way to be able to handle 20+ times his age in speed/strength?

Jason should have went after the girls instead of the V-head. For very different reasons, but much better outcome, :P

Oh and it's pretty obvious how the things will play out (unless they get cute, I don't watch previews):
    Russell is 3 times older, so burns 3 times faster as has been more or less established.

Xeddicus on
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I have to wait two weeks for the next episode? That bites.

Also, what the f***, Jesus?

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • UnknownSaintUnknownSaint Kasyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah Jesus has turned into kind of a dick pretty fast. Nothing egregious though.

Same thing with Sam this episode but much more extreme - I know he has his dark side but we're seeing a few too many super-quick personality 180s. Which is a shame because Sam is about to be dethroned by Jason for my favorite male character if this shit keeps up. (Well, besides Lafayette but that's a given.)

UnknownSaint on
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was talking more about the quick flash vision Lafayette had.

And about Sam's character... I think the writer's have been reading this thread too much. "He's a pu$$y"

"Oh, he is, is he?"

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tommy was pathetic and sad, yeah, but that's totally at odds with his asshole ways. So he gets no sympathy from me. He would have deserved 1 more chance, though, since Sam was being a giant ass when he kicked him out versus just deciding to stop putting up with Tommy's shit. But then he turns back into an asshole so QQ Tommy.

Speaking of QQ: Lets say everything at the end was playing out how Sookie thought it was. What the fuck was she blaming Bill for? What was he supposed to do? Get them both killed by pissing them off? Suddenly come up with a way to be able to handle 20+ times his age in speed/strength?

Jason should have went after the girls instead of the V-head. For very different reasons, but much better outcome, :P

Oh and it's pretty obvious how the things will play out (unless they get cute, I don't watch previews):
    Russell is 3 times older, so burns 3 times faster as has been more or less established.
    And furthermore I think Pam, as the youngest vampire around, will dash out and retrieve Eric from the sunlight after Russel dies
    I was talking more about the quick flash vision Lafayette had.

And about Sam's character... I think the writer's have been reading this thread too much. "He's a pu$$y"

"Oh, he is, is he?"

Yea ok, and the way to show he's "not a pussy" is to make him some kind of mean drunk? Tommy was right, he was acting like his father there.

Lanlaorn on