As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2010 Omegathon - OMEGANAUTS MAKE YOURSELVES KNOWN!

• langrilangri Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I had wondered that, as well. Having us flail about on stage for their amusement sounds about right.

langri on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    langri wrote: »
    I had wondered that, as well. Having us flail about on stage for their amusement sounds about right.

Very possible, assuming Microsoft has a copy they want to show off.

Hell, I've been predicting Dance Central from the start. :P

Heleor on
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Heleor wrote: »
    langri wrote: »

Very possible, assuming Microsoft has a copy they want to show off.

Hell, I've been predicting Dance Central from the start. :P

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet money that the public humiliation round is going to be either the Kinect or the Move. Here's hoping that those pieces of crap don't bug out during the tournament. Apparently the Kinect has had...issues during some of its latest outings. I haven't heard anything about the Move (other than that nobody wants it).

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • cleriseclerise Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    HAHA i am the stupids and posted this

in the wrong threadododod

ON TOPIC-- heleor that training vidya is fucking rad.

clerise on
  • LoneGunmanLoneGunman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Is there a final list of the Omeganauts? I keep thinking I missed out this year...got a call last month but the connection was bad...they knew my name and the number was blocked...I'd figured they'd try again but then again, they might have enough people to work with they'd just say screw it and move on. :(

Maybe next year...

LoneGunman on
    edited August 2010
    LoneGunman wrote: »
    Is there a final list of the Omeganauts? I keep thinking I missed out this year...got a call last month but the connection was bad...they knew my name and the number was blocked...I'd figured they'd try again but then again, they might have enough people to work with they'd just say screw it and move on. :(

Maybe next year...

No idea if there's a final list or not, but I believe everyone who was chosen got an email asking for information and legal magics.

Heleor on
  • BaconSandwichBaconSandwich Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I think they did the Nintendo World Championship at PAX East already.

Yes, oh God yes. I still wake up in a cold sweat some nights.

BaconSandwich on
    PAX East 2010/2011/2012 Omeganaut!
    edited August 2010
    Well crap. My xbox 360 hit me with some red rings tonight. Now I have to wait for them to send me a new power supply, and *hope* this fixes the problem.

I was really enjoying Monday Night Combat, too.

:(

langri on
  • SurlyDuffSurlyDuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Any other omeganauts get their PAX tix yet? Mine haven't arrived, but hopefully any second now!

In other news, I finally obtained a temporary replacement Wii for my other one that bit the dust. Time to brush up on some Mario Kart.

SurlyDuff on
    edited August 2010
    I've gotten everything taken care of... just waiting on getting the badge.

My Xbox 360 is on its way to the repair facility. I doubt I'll have it back before PAX. Sad langri is sad.

langri on
    edited August 2010
    I'm personally out traveling, so I have no way of doing any more fake training. :P

Don't know if I got my pass or not, but definitely haven't gotten any email correspondence.

Heleor on
  • LoneGunmanLoneGunman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh well... good luck to the players. Watched the 2009 Omegathon on DVD. Fun stuff!

LoneGunman on
    edited August 2010
    News from above says that the game list is going to be coming out in this coming week.

(About time! :P)

Heleor on
    edited August 2010
    Hoping beyond hope that it comes out today (Friday) so I have two weekends to practice the actual games. Otherwise, I may not be getting a lot of time in before heading up to PAX. :-(

SurlyDuff on
    edited August 2010
    This next week may end up with me seeing very little sleep....

langri on
    edited August 2010
    Whoah, that is one high bar of entry for being an Omeganaut. Developing psychic powers just to see the game list? That's tough.

:P

Heleor on
    edited August 2010
    I unfortunately lack psychic powers. :(

langri on
  • MegadestructoMegadestructo Indie Community Manager Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wait, we need psychic powers now??

Megadestructo on
    edited August 2010
    I kinda like not knowing. It makes the metagaming of this whole thing way more fun.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited August 2010
    Either way, we'll all have the same amount of notice. But some would definitely be better than none.

SurlyDuff on
    edited August 2010
    There's something to be said about keeping them all secret, or very little notice. It makes the competition more of a "ok, see if you can handle *this*" while everyone watches and laughs. :)

langri on
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    From Tycho's post today, which included a full list of the Omeganuats:

Round 1: Zombie Dice

Round 2: Bomberman Live

Round 3: Beautiful Katamari

Round 4: A MUSIC GAME

Round 5: Puzzle Bobble

Final Round: ???

I enjoy a game like Zombie Dice as a warmup activity, as a line game, or something you can play with a smaler group while you wait for the last few people to show up. Not sure how well rolling a bunch of D6s and praying will translate to a tournament event.

Gundabad on
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Also, the list of Omeganauts included #20: ????????

Does that mean there is a 20th Omeganaut yet to be announced? Either Tycho just didn't have the name in front of him, or someone will show up to PAX and get a great surprise. Hoping it's the latter.

Gundabad on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They might make the 20th be result of a random draw of names from whoever goes to the main theater to see the keynote. That's how the entire field was made at PAX East. Which I strongly disliked.

Goose! on
    edited August 2010
    Games list! yay!!!!!!

I've only ever played 2 games on that list, eeep!!!!

langri on
  • KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    i'm kinda surprised there's no racing game or FPS game.

kinda wondering what system puzzle bobble will be on, XBLA maybe?

and tip for the omeganauts: Beautiful Katamari is only $20 on the xbox marketplace as a digital download, which is $10 cheaper than the used price at gamestop, and cheaper than most used copies on amazon. and you'll be able to tell gabe & tycho you didn't buy used :P

Kjeldor on
  • MegadestructoMegadestructo Indie Community Manager Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Crap, Bomberman Live as round 2? I'm terrible at that game. Time to bone up on it.

Probably time to dust off my copy of Beautiful Katamari also.

Megadestructo on
    edited August 2010
    [!]

No first person shooters! Yay! Zombie dice will be interesting, as it's (mostly) all luck.

Heleor on
    edited August 2010
    That's a very...weird...game list. In fact, it's kinda underwhelming as there's really nothing there I'd describe as "exciting." It's like the game list was designed for 12 year olds :p

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited August 2010
    Wishing I had actually stuck with Beautiful Katamari. I think I played the first couple levels, and traded it in.

Time to pick up Bomberman Live. I've played the hell out of Bomberman on NES. Never played Bomberman Live though.

Love Puzzle Bobble--but again, haven't played it in a very long time.

I was hoping for some FPS love, but this will force me to branch out.

Oh, and there's a Zombie Dice app on iPhone/iTouch for those who don't have the physical game. Its free. Checking it out now.

SurlyDuff on
  • MarySueMarySue Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    That's a very...weird...game list. In fact, it's kinda underwhelming as there's really nothing there I'd describe as "exciting." It's like the game list was designed for 12 year olds :p

If you don't want to Omeganaut 'cause it's not exciting enough, I'm sure there are folks who'd be willing to take your place.

MarySue on
    Portland, Oregon, and sloe gin fizz. If that ain't love, then tell me what is.
    +++BRONYS BEFORE BROS!+++
    edited August 2010
    If anyone wants to tie names to profiles in the front page, I'm Andrei Krotkov.

Heleor on
    edited August 2010
    MarySue wrote: »

If you don't want to Omeganaut 'cause it's not exciting enough, I'm sure there are folks who'd be willing to take your place.
    Nah, that's ok, I'll deal with it just cause I'm greedy as fuck.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I had a dream last night that two men in white lab coats showed up at my office and handed me an envelope. This envelop contained a much sought after omeganaut badge. I was really excited as was daydreaming about how awesome PAX was going to be with my omeganaut badge.... until I woke up and realized that it was just a dream. Cest la vie, PAX will have to be awesome in other ways. :)

ravemonger on
    edited August 2010
    To follow Heleor's example:

I'm Steven Schneider.

(don't be fooled by the original ph spelling, it was a lie!)

langri on
  • olanmillsolanmills Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dang, I was hoping Reach would be on the list. I need to practice Puzzle Bobble as I haven't played it in years and even then, I've only played it a couple times.

olanmills on
    VmUq7mz.png
  • NetilNetil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll play this game... I would be Joseph Berg

Netil on
    edited August 2010
    I'm not particularly worried about people knowing who I am because I live on an island in Alaska and sleep on a pile of guns.

Tom Loughead

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
    edited August 2010
    I'm not particularly worried about people knowing who I am because I live on an island in Alaska and sleep on a pile of guns.

Tom Loughead

But now they know you have a pile of guns, so they can be prepared.

I only have a pile of... water... pistols. Yeah. No guns here, potential home invaders. :winky:

I'm Alan Dobler, BTW.

SurlyDuff on
  • KjeldorKjeldor Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    since he's currently out of town, and probably won't check back on the forums anyways, m@! = matthew senne.

Kjeldor on
This discussion has been closed.