As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Replacing my MacBook Pro hard drive. (NEW QUESTION POST #10)

2»

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Probably, a 7200 RPM drive is going to put off a bit more heat than 5400 RPM one, for obvious reasons.

It seems to have calmed down a bit. I've got a 17 second boot up time now which is impressive.

Esh on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    yea it probably needed to index for the first time so for a new bigger drive would take a while.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    My RAM came in the mail today and while I can get one stick to work at a time (in conjunction with one of the original 2gb sticks) I can't get both 4gb sticks to work at the same time. I RMA'd them back to NewEgg and ordered some RAM from OWC because apparently these things are really touchy about what they'll accept. If the OWC RAM doesn't work, then something is wrong with my laptop, but from doing a little reading, it seems to be the finickyness of the Apple machine more than anything.

Esh on