As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pre-Wizarding Fried Food Extravaganza! (#PWFFE)

• Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So essentially you are kicking people out and are telling them they can't come? Or are you just closing Rsvps? I know that sounds harsh but your previous message is kind of unclear.

It's fine, because you probably assumed this would be more casual and wouldn't become so big and that's not exactly your fault. But now if you do this next year you know to have a cap on it from the beginning.

I believe us Ravenclaw's (though anyone is welcome to join us) have found a different venue but I'll have to ask Punkjr about it.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    TeknotronicTeknotronic Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Hey Meles. Twizzle responded on the first page and said her +1 which is indicated on the attendance list.

I responded directly after her and said us (Twizzle and myself) +1-4. I am nowhere to be found on the list, so we have Twizzle and myself covered but that doesn't take care of the +'s we are bringing with us.

So could we either get me added +3 (and leave Twizzle +1) or just change Twizzle to a +5 ?

We may also have 2 more people coming with us, but they are the non committal type so they may just have to eat our scraps ;-)

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also there are some people who Rsvp'd on the facebook list (such as myself) who were never added to the roster. You might want to make sure that these people are accounted for.

Sumi on
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Sumi wrote: »
    So essentially you are kicking people out and are telling them they can't come? Or are you just closing Rsvps? I know that sounds harsh but your previous message is kind of unclear.

It's fine, because you probably assumed this would be more casual and wouldn't become so big and that's not exactly your fault. But now if you do this next year you know to have a cap on it from the beginning.

I believe us Ravenclaw's (though anyone is welcome to join us) have found a different venue but I'll have to ask Punkjr about it.

Sorry Sumi, that was unclear. I haven't deleted anyone off the register (except for one person with a very large group who I talked to privately first). What I have done is stopped adding new people. If there are folks from a while back that I missed on the FB page, I'll fix that. If people decide to go somewhere else, that's no problem, but I'd appreciate people letting me know if they're no longer coming so that I can adjust numbers accordingly. The only way I can do it is to not add people after a certain time/date (which I'm working out based on post time on the board or wall post time on the FB page). Again, I'm very sorry if this upsets anyone, and I really hope it doesn't detract from you enjoying the evening.

I'll also fix the +s Twizzle, sorry for missing that before! I'll just make Twizzle a +5, for ease of bookkeeping.

Yes, I've definitely learnt lessons for next year! :)

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You rock Meles! I think you are doing an awesome job with this being the first event you have put together. Especially with as fast as it grew. We appreciate all that you have done here :-)

If anyone lets the changes ruin their evening...well I don't quite know what to say to that person. Have a drink and shrug it off.

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    KnifeySpoonyKnifeySpoony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You should probably take me off the maybe list to accommodate someone else. I will have a group of 4 others, one of which isn't getting into Seattle until ~7pm.

Great job handling this, it's nice how enthusiastic PAX attendees are about any sort of meet up. :)

KnifeySpoony on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    You should probably take me off the maybe list to accommodate someone else. I will have a group of 4 others, one of which isn't getting into Seattle until ~7pm.

Great job handling this, it's nice how enthusiastic PAX attendees are about any sort of meet up. :)

Are you sure? You're on the list, and welcome to come around 7/7:15ish, since spreading out the orders definitely isn't a bad thing!

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    TwizzleTwizzle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This is going to be sooo much fun!!!

Twizzle on
  • Options
    BozkoBozko Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    NOM NOM NOM fried foods and a pint. cant wait ;D

Bozko on
    R.O.A.C.H. 's Aluminum Chef~
    SUPER VILLAINS UNITE!
    JOIN R.O.A.C.H. Today!
    The Destructive Kitchen
    R.O.A.C.H. Home Page
  • Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Table for 62 please?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    ohhh I R not on the list... did I miss the boat?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    wesaliciouswesalicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well the food sounds good, but looks like I am going to be hitting up some soapy boobs also.

wesalicious on
  • Options
    KnifeySpoonyKnifeySpoony Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MelesMeles wrote: »

Are you sure? You're on the list, and welcome to come around 7/7:15ish, since spreading out the orders definitely isn't a bad thing!

Yeah no worries! There are others here who aren't on the list who should take the spot instead. :mrgreen:

Maybe we'll end up bumbling in towards the end, but we're not part of the pub crawl anyway.

KnifeySpoony on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Added:

Sumi
    Alazull
    Pythos +1
    Stardancin +1
    me2wired +1
    Serenity +5?

After a couple pullouts and some people clarified their numbers, and after talking to the bar folk. If you guys don't want your spots, just let me know.

Edit: I was lying about the pizza menu. Sorry! Turns out they don't do that anymore. My bad!

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Also, for under 21s, there is an outside seating area that can be used, along with room in the nextdoor Fish Fry :D

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    For anyone who didn't make registration but is still looking for some fried food, you should check out the Unicorn Bar. It's a 2 minute walk from this place and they sell fried twinkies and unicorn balls and the decor is pretty nuts.

That's the alternative plan I was talking about a few posts ago.

Sumi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    For anyone who didn't make registration but is still looking for some fried food, you should check out the Unicorn Bar. It's a 2 minute walk from this place and they sell fried twinkies and unicorn balls and the decor is pretty nuts.

Cool, thanks Sumi :) I posted above that there's room for you (and some others too) since a couple people pulled out, if you want it?

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    BinkleyBinkley Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ooops I guess I deserve this for being late to this.

Unicorn Bar (or something else) it is!

Binkley on
    A video blog about random jank:
    The KB Life
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Binkley: if people pull out, I'll let you know ASAP :)

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just found out that I'm going to be "working" up in Monroe until nearly time for the TWDT, so you can pull me from the roster.

Sorry gang!

PunkJr on
    daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House
  • Options
    edited August 2010

Cool, thanks Sumi :) I posted above that there's room for you (and some others too) since a couple people pulled out, if you want it?

Ah wonderful. I just posted the Unicorn as an alternative in case some people were looking for somewhere to go.

Sumi on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Has anyone tried their pulled pork sandwich? It's down to that, the chorizo as a sandwich, or the ahi tuna for me at the moment.

Which is to say I could totally change my mind once I'm actually there and just get fish and chips and coat them with malt vinegar.

I really need to get some lunch.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    The Fish Fry have asked that we agree a smaller menu to make their life a bit easier. Can you let me know if there are any particular favourites that you want to make sure show up?

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    neurosliceneuroslice Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    jenelle wrote: »
    There is a reason for the post-PAX blues, to be sure. I nearly cried after '07 when I came home, opened pictochat, and no one joined :(

For content: me+1 are maybes, and how can a "field roast sausage sandwich" be vegan? How can you un-meat a sausage?

field roast is vegetarian imitation meat.

neuroslice on
    Hotel bound on PAX Saturday,
    I exclaimed "Khoo is my Sensei!"
    So if memes make great shirts,
    And Pod Six is Jerks,
    Then Moe, Khoo and I had our day.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I dunno, maybe 1 or 2 items from each category on the menu? for example, cod and halibut from fish and fries and then pulled pork sandwich from sandwiches, portabella from vegetarian?

Personally though, I'd go with either cod or halibut...

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was looking forward to a catfish sammich myself.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    CadynCadyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was hoping to get battered and fried catfish with chips. Hopefully it'll make our final menu.

Cadyn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yes, don't worry. Catfish was the first thing I put on the list. You guys and your catfish...

You do know it's not actually a half-cat, half-fish hybrid, right?

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes, don't worry. Catfish was the first thing I put on the list. You guys and your catfish...

You do know it's not actually a half-cat, half-fish hybrid, right?

And here I was trying to figure out how they meow underwater.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jenellejenelle Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    neuroslice wrote: »
    jenelle wrote: »
    There is a reason for the post-PAX blues, to be sure. I nearly cried after '07 when I came home, opened pictochat, and no one joined :(

For content: me+1 are maybes, and how can a "field roast sausage sandwich" be vegan? How can you un-meat a sausage?

field roast is vegetarian imitation meat.

I learned something today! :)

After checking out their menu, mark me down as one more for catfeesh.

jenelle on
    cJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.pngcJSEBzK.png
  • Options
    wesaliciouswesalicious Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    It goes something like this *bubble*.............*pop* meow.

wesalicious on
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll vote for pulled pork and catfish sammies from the menu.

We can't really stop anyone from ordering anything they want.

adester on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    adester wrote: »

True, but this is a huge number of orders for them to crank out, and they're going out of their way to make it happen for us. I think it would be a bit of a dick move for people to get difficult about the menu once they're there. Let's try to make this work as smoothly as possible! Next year, we'll have a different setup.

Right now, based on requests, I'm thinking along the lines of:

Catfish
    Oysters
    BBQ Pulled Pork
    Chorizo
    Steak
    Vegetarian Field Roast Sandiwch

That should allow something for everyone, but is still not final. Let me know if you wouldn't be happy ordering from that menu!

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yes. I'm talking about people and their friends that probably wont check back here to see the update.
    That and the other hundreds that will just happen to show up etc.

Edit: I like just about everything on that menu anyways :)

adester on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, then that's their loss. This is the menu that they'll be offered when they get there!

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    LumenadducereLumenadducere Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I was going to go for the halibut, personally, but if I'm in the minority then I'd be totally fine with the catfish or the bbq pulled pork.

Lumenadducere on
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Mmm...fried oysters.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Any chance we could get some fried shrimp on there? those are generally pretty easy to crank out. If not im fine with catfish but I prefer finger foods when im socializing. :-)

Teknotronic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Any chance we could get some fried shrimp on there? those are generally pretty easy to crank out. If not im fine with catfish but I prefer finger foods when im socializing. :-)

All the fried bits are little nugget-sized portions, so finger-eatable regardless :)

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    adester wrote: »

True, but this is a huge number of orders for them to crank out, and they're going out of their way to make it happen for us. I think it would be a bit of a dick move for people to get difficult about the menu once they're there. Let's try to make this work as smoothly as possible! Next year, we'll have a different setup.

Right now, based on requests, I'm thinking along the lines of:

Catfish
    Oysters
    BBQ Pulled Pork
    Chorizo
    Steak
    Vegetarian Field Roast Sandiwch

That should allow something for everyone, but is still not final. Let me know if you wouldn't be happy ordering from that menu!

Suggestion: to make it easier on you and us, why don't you just make a poll to see what people want instead of having to sift through the thread... or would you have to re-create the thread?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
This discussion has been closed.