As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Tabletop Tournament Plans

124»

• Options
    CryanaCryana Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Lackey wrote: »
    heather1 wrote: »
    how can i be on a tourment

Signup sheets for the *FRIDAY* tournaments will be available on-site in Rm. 213 (the Tabletop Headquarters) as soon as PAX is open (10:00 am) on Friday.

Signups for *SATURDAY* tournaments will be available in TT HQ starting at 7:00 p.m. Friday, after Expo Hall closes.

Signups for *SUNDAY* tournaments will be available in TT HQ starting at 6:00 p.m. Saturday, again, after Expo Hall Closes.

For each Tournament, the signup sheet will be available to add your name to it until 10 minutes before the tournament begins. So, Friday's first Tournament, Ticket To Ride, starts at 11:00 am, so consider stopping by TT HQ right away if you want to take part in it, as we'll be closing the signup list at 10:50 am promptly. Similarly, the Dominion tournament signup sheet will only be available until 11:20 am, and so on.

This will repeat for each day's tournaments.

There is also a maximum of 32 players for each tournament. Any one who signs up as the 33rd person onward will be automatically wait listed.

In case you have not seen it already, the list of tournaments, and their times, can be seen at http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=120490

Note: Tournaments will take place in Room 2B, a few minutes walk away from TT HQ in Room 213.

Good luck to everyone who plans to participate, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Lackey,
    PAX Tabletop Tournament Officiant

Thank you for the clarification and update! I am really looking forward to doing a couple of tournaments and am so happy that PAX appreciates all games, not just video games.

Cryana on
  • Options
    Weenog42Weenog42 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Any word on the format for Race for the Galaxy? Namely:

What expansions?

Multiplayer, Heads Up, or some combination thereof?

Weenog42 on
  • Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Race for the Galaxy will not use any expansions. It'll be base edition only.

For each of our tournaments, we'll try to put edition/expansion details and more tournament specifics (e.g. single elimination, swiss tournament, etc.) on the signup sheet so you know what to expect.

Except for the Friday Night Frenzy and Saturday Night Showdown tournaments. Those -- those you'll need to simply find out what you're playing once the tournament is under way. <insert evil genius laugh here>

Lackey on
  • Options
    karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'll play some warhammer 40k.

Fantasy and warmachine also interest me, maybe some demo games?

Also I'm not too keyed in to the goings-on at TT. Any painting/modeling showcases that I may want to participate in?

( this was meant to be an all-inclusive post, here is a better worded post: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=126945 )

karlthepagan on
  • Options
    karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    (edit: resolved)

all-inclusive wargaming post here http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=126945

karlthepagan on
  • Options
    LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Thank you to everyone who came out and participated in our Tabletop Tournaments! We had 13 in total, held over all 3 days, in two rooms, and much fun was had by all!

If you were part of the tournaments and had comments, or if you have any suggestions for future PAX tabletop tournament activities, please post here, or send me a direct message.

Special thanks to the Games & Gizmos crew for helping everything run as smoothly as it did, and thanks to Steve Jackson games for providing additional prizes, incentives and all around help for the Munchkin tournament.

Next stop, PAX East!

Lackey,
    Tabletop Tournament Enforcer

Lackey on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I would love to see some Games Workshop Tourneys in the future; some 40k, maybe some Bloodbowl, some Chaos in the Old World (yes I know this is Fantasy Flight)...

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
This discussion has been closed.